Teen Struck In Trenton Hit-And-Run - SEE WHAT RIDING A FURY ROADMASTER WILL DO?

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides' started by [email protected], Apr 2, 2006.

  1. Police in Trenton are looking for a driver who ran down a teenage boy
    riding his bicycle Saturday, and then allegedly drove off.

    It happened on Hamilton-Trenton Road.

    The teen, who is thought to be in serious condition at Miami Valley
    Hospital, was found bleeding from his head as he lay on the side of the
    road.

    The accident happened on a stretch of highway at Hamilton-Trenton Road,
    in front of Holy Name Catholic Church.

    The 16-year-old victim is not being named because of his age.

    He was flown from the scene to the hospital in Dayton.

    The vehicle in question was last seen traveling eastbound on East State
    Street.

    It's not believed the driver could have not known he hit the boy,
    therefore police are treating this as a hit-and-run.

    "The road can be busy at times, not always, it goes in spurts," said
    Trenton Police Officer Jamy Baker, "but it is a 35 mile an hour zone,
    and there are no crosswalks or anything, so we are not exactly sure
    what happened -- if the boy was crossing -- and we couldn't get any
    information from him because although he was conscious, he was kind of
    incoherent."

    Eyewitnesses to the accident were able to get a good description of the
    vehicle in question.

    It's described as a dark, green Ford Escape with North Carolina license
    plate number PXC-7601.

    Anyone with information is asked to call Trenton Police at (513)
    988-6341 or call Crimestoppers at 513-352-3040.

    <See pix at website>

    http://wcpo.com/news/2006/local/04/02/trenton_hitrun.html

    Tags:

  2. Not trying to pick any nits, but this kid could have been riding a
    $5000.00 Trek Madone and gotten hit.

  3. ko57

    ko57 Guest

    Hate to read anything like this, but I tend to agree with AMFlyer64, I
    doubt the brand of bike he road was at fault.

    Good thing the vehicle's license plate number was noticed, I'm sure the
    owner will be tracked down.

    AmericanFlyer64 wrote:
    "Not trying to pick any nits, but this kid could have been riding a
    $5000.00 Trek Madone and gotten hit."

    ko57

  4. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On 2 Apr 2006 20:25:37 -0700, "AmericanFlyer64"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Not trying to pick any nits, but this kid could have been riding a
    >$5000.00 Trek Madone and gotten hit.

    WallyWorld probably sells 2500 Furies for every Madone that's made;
    figure the odds from that alone. A better case could probably be made
    for blaming video games, bad animation, or Canada.
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  5. Leo Lichtman

    Leo Lichtman Guest

    "Werehatrack" wrote: WallyWorld probably sells 2500 Furies for every
    Madone that's made; figure the odds from that alone. A better case could
    probably be made for blaming video games, bad animation, or Canada.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I took the remark to be an attempt at humor. As such, I regard it as not at
    all funny, AND in very bad taste.

  6. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 16:02:20 -0500, catzz66 <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Leo Lichtman wrote:
    >>
    >> I took the remark to be an attempt at humor. As such, I regard it as not at
    >> all funny, AND in very bad taste.
    >>

    >I actually passed over this at first because the subject wording made it
    >sound like a joke. Gallows humor doesn't always go over that well.

    It requires a deft touch, a suitable target and exquisite timing, of
    which the OP had none of the above. IMO, "not funny" doesn't even
    begin to describe it.

    BTW, while the bike was a Roadmaster, I'm not sure it was a Mt Fury;
    the photo doesn't have enough resolution to make that determination.

    The OP is no Carl Fogel.
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  7. catzz66