Tektro Auriga disc brakes?

andrew6026

May 21, 2007
I am considering buying a new 2007 Carrera Fury and whilst I know that most of the components are very good e.g SRAM X7 gearing, RockShox Tora forks etc. However, it has Tektro Auriga brakes fitted to it and I don't know very much about them as there are very few reviews on them. Any information and opinions about them would be much appreciated.

andrew6026 said:
I am considering buying a new 2007 Carrera Fury and whilst I know that most of the components are very good e.g SRAM X7 gearing, RockShox Tora forks etc. However, it has Tektro Auriga brakes fitted to it and I don't know very much about them as there are very few reviews on them. Any information and opinions about them would be much appreciated.
Fairly low end sort of brake. Features dual pistons unlike the similarly speced Hayes So1e. Its based on the Juicy if I recall correctly. Not a bad little brake but it is base sort of spec. I cant really comment on the performans im affraid.

I had some tektro aquilas on my GT avalanche 2.0. After maybe 2 months the rear brake would grab OK but it wouldn't release well. I went ahead and got them warrantied but already had them changed out to Avid BB5's before the warrantied part came in. I know they aren't the same model as your tektros but it really affected my overall perception of their quality. The Avids are incredible. I bought them off ebay for a little less than 100 bucks. See if the shop would consider trading you out for another brand. Good luck. Greg