Tektro Auriga disc brakes?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by andrew6026, May 21, 2007.

1. andrew6026

andrew6026 New Member

I am considering buying a new 2007 Carrera Fury and whilst I know that most of the components are very good e.g SRAM X7 gearing, RockShox Tora forks etc. However, it has Tektro Auriga brakes fitted to it and I don't know very much about them as there are very few reviews on them. Any information and opinions about them would be much appreciated.

Tags:

2. AngoXC

AngoXC New Member

Fairly low end sort of brake. Features dual pistons unlike the similarly speced Hayes So1e. Its based on the Juicy if I recall correctly. Not a bad little brake but it is base sort of spec. I cant really comment on the performans im affraid.

3. gt3413

gt3413 New Member

I had some tektro aquilas on my GT avalanche 2.0. After maybe 2 months the rear brake would grab OK but it wouldn't release well. I went ahead and got them warrantied but already had them changed out to Avid BB5's before the warrantied part came in. I know they aren't the same model as your tektros but it really affected my overall perception of their quality. The Avids are incredible. I bought them off ebay for a little less than 100 bucks. See if the shop would consider trading you out for another brand. Good luck. Greg