Tektro brake lever problem (?)

On Oct 17, 11:24 pm, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article
> <[email protected]>,
> jim beam <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > Michael Press wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <[email protected]>,

> > > You questioned my choice of Campagnolo 1010 dropouts in
> > > <[email protected]>

> > > Now you invoke the hard sell for Campagnolo brake levers.
> > > Do you earn a livelihood as a salesman?

> > do you always take things so personally?

> Yes, I take everything personally.
>
> > are you not an autonomous
> > adult capable of making your own decisions?

> Good one. What do you think?
>
> > if you're having failures - you allege

> I alleged nothing. Described events, reported observations,
> relayed a thought or two, asked for help.
>
> > that it's a cable routing problem
> > - and if the levers are defective, then use something /known/ to be
> > good. campy are a solution that are /known/ to be good /and/ they also
> > accommodate calipers without their own q.r. mechanism. simple.

> Do not know yet if they are defective.
> Experience here is uniformly positive.
>
> > to put it another way however, if you don't want answers, why ask questions?

> All this because I said
> "One-hundred-eighty dollars. Yes, that is more expensive."
>
> Have you ever earned a livelihood as a salesman?
>
> --
> Michael Press

Bourbon man is an apologist of all high cost popular brands that spend
lots of money in advertising to claim technological superiority of
their products. He is a critic of those in this newsgroup that
question marketing claims and are skeptical of some of the
technological claims that marketing makes of expensive products.
Whether its campy, shimano, mavic, giant or trek, if it is expensive
and has a lot of advertising behind, Bourbon man will defend it and
will advance his defense with further technological claims about the
defended product and with some progressively less subtle insults to
the critic.

Andres

On Oct 17, 6:33 pm, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article
> <[email protected]>,
> jim beam <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > Michael Press wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <[email protected]>,

> > > One-hundred-eighty dollars. Yes, that is more expensive.

> > how much is your medical insurance?

> You questioned my choice of Campagnolo 1010 dropouts in
> <[email protected]>
>
> Now you invoke the hard sell for Campagnolo brake levers.
> Do you earn a livelihood as a salesman?

Salesman? Perhaps jim beam is a 'nom de net'/alter ego for Grant
Petersen? ;-)

On Oct 18, 5:07 am, Ozark Bicycle
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Oct 17, 6:33 pm, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > In article
> > <[email protected]>,
> > jim beam <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > how much is your medical insurance?

> > You questioned my choice of Campagnolo 1010 dropouts in
> > <[email protected]>

> > Now you invoke the hard sell for Campagnolo brake levers.
> > Do you earn a livelihood as a salesman?

> Salesman? Perhaps jim beam is a 'nom de net'/alter ego for Grant
> Petersen? ;-)

Unlikely. Ever seen Grant recommend a Campy product? I haven't.

[email protected] wrote:
> On Oct 17, 11:24 pm, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
>> In article
>> <[email protected]>,
>> jim beam <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> do you always take things so personally?

>> Yes, I take everything personally.
>>
>>> are you not an autonomous
>>> adult capable of making your own decisions?

>> Good one. What do you think?
>>
>>> if you're having failures - you allege

>> I alleged nothing. Described events, reported observations,
>> relayed a thought or two, asked for help.
>>
>>> that it's a cable routing problem
>>> - and if the levers are defective, then use something /known/ to be
>>> good. campy are a solution that are /known/ to be good /and/ they also
>>> accommodate calipers without their own q.r. mechanism. simple.

>> Do not know yet if they are defective.
>> Experience here is uniformly positive.
>>
>>> to put it another way however, if you don't want answers, why ask questions?

>> All this because I said
>> "One-hundred-eighty dollars. Yes, that is more expensive."
>>
>> Have you ever earned a livelihood as a salesman?
>>
>> --
>> Michael Press

> Bourbon man is an apologist of all high cost popular brands that spend
> lots of money in advertising to claim technological superiority of
> their products. He is a critic of those in this newsgroup that
> question marketing claims and are skeptical of some of the
> technological claims that marketing makes of expensive products.
> Whether its campy, shimano, mavic, giant or trek, if it is expensive
> and has a lot of advertising behind, Bourbon man will defend it and
> will advance his defense with further technological claims about the
> defended product and with some progressively less subtle insults to
> the critic.
>
> Andres

baaaa

On Oct 18, 8:01 am, Hank Wirtz <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Oct 18, 5:07 am, Ozark Bicycle
>

> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Oct 17, 6:33 pm, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > In article
> > > <[email protected]>,

> > > You questioned my choice of Campagnolo 1010 dropouts in
> > > <[email protected]>

> > > Now you invoke the hard sell for Campagnolo brake levers.
> > > Do you earn a livelihood as a salesman?

> > Salesman? Perhaps jim beam is a 'nom de net'/alter ego for Grant
> > Petersen? ;-)

> Unlikely. Ever seen Grant recommend a Campy product? I haven't.

No, but I *have* seen The Grant sell-sell-sell, going back to the
Bridgestone days.
Salesmen sell; the exact product is pretty incidental to the act of
selling.

"jim beam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> er, haven't the delicate sensibilities police got bigger fish to fry?
>
> besides, it's $160 for campy carbon levers, $30 for shimano. and health
> insurance is no red herring. if you pay $250 per month for insurance,
> with deductible of say $500, how on earth can anyone justify kvetching
> about the price of brake levers that don't have the problem the o.p.
> alleges?

Chicken little ******** again, and the hole just keeps getting bigger for
beamboy.

"jim beam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> but only seem intent on ad hominem argument on topics that have no
> relevance whatsoever, even when spoon-fed working solutions,

Rich, beamboy, very rich indeed.

> how would you like your darwin award candidacy announced? "he who could
> not be told"? or "he who could not filter what others learned at grade
> school"?

Well, for you, it's "he who bullshits most and lies most extravagantly".