tektro rx 2.0 cyclocross brake levers

Gerrit Van Wijk

Guest
are these only for normal canties or can they be switched for v-brakes (like some other tektro
levers)? I asked tektro but they didn't reply.

"gerrit van wijk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> are these only for normal canties or can they be switched for v-brakes (like some other tektro
> levers)? I asked tektro but they didn't reply.

i think theyre just for cantis/normal sidepulls/etc. the paul levers have a choice between cable
pull for both types of brakes, but the tektros dont. i have both. the tektros are quite nice, but do
you need them for v-brakes?

you could always use one of those adapters that fit at the brake. the tektros are far cheaper than
the paul, at least last time i checked, and buying the tektro lever set/brake adapter might be
cheaper than the pauls. could be wrong here. just a thoguht.

or you could use cantis. solid.

"ant" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> "gerrit van wijk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > are these only for normal canties or can they be switched for v-brakes
(like
> > some other tektro levers)? I asked tektro but they didn't reply.
>
> i think theyre just for cantis/normal sidepulls/etc. the paul levers have a choice between cable
> pull for both types of brakes, but the tektros dont. i have both.

Thank you for clearing that up.

> the tektros are quite nice, but do you need them for v-brakes?

Yes v-brakes.

> you could always use one of those adapters that fit at the brake.

Don't these give a spongy feeling to the brakes? I think I'll experiment a little with normal cheap
mtb levers I have laying around. Saw the clamps of and replace it with wider clamps??

>the tektros are far cheaper than the paul, at least last time i checked,

Pauls (and others) are very nice but way to pricy for what is really a simple brake lever.

> or you could use cantis. solid.

I like cantis, but I like v-brakes even better.

Thanks for your help.