tektro rx 2.0 cyclocross brake levers

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gerrit Van Wijk, May 19, 2003.

  1. are these only for normal canties or can they be switched for v-brakes (like some other tektro
    levers)? I asked tektro but they didn't reply.

    Tags:

  2. Ant

    Ant Guest

    "gerrit van wijk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > are these only for normal canties or can they be switched for v-brakes (like some other tektro
    > levers)? I asked tektro but they didn't reply.

    i think theyre just for cantis/normal sidepulls/etc. the paul levers have a choice between cable
    pull for both types of brakes, but the tektros dont. i have both. the tektros are quite nice, but do
    you need them for v-brakes?

    you could always use one of those adapters that fit at the brake. the tektros are far cheaper than
    the paul, at least last time i checked, and buying the tektro lever set/brake adapter might be
    cheaper than the pauls. could be wrong here. just a thoguht.

    or you could use cantis. solid.

  3. "ant" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]...
    > "gerrit van wijk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > are these only for normal canties or can they be switched for v-brakes
    (like
    > > some other tektro levers)? I asked tektro but they didn't reply.
    >
    > i think theyre just for cantis/normal sidepulls/etc. the paul levers have a choice between cable
    > pull for both types of brakes, but the tektros dont. i have both.

    Thank you for clearing that up.

    > the tektros are quite nice, but do you need them for v-brakes?

    Yes v-brakes.

    > you could always use one of those adapters that fit at the brake.

    Don't these give a spongy feeling to the brakes? I think I'll experiment a little with normal cheap
    mtb levers I have laying around. Saw the clamps of and replace it with wider clamps??

    >the tektros are far cheaper than the paul, at least last time i checked,

    Pauls (and others) are very nice but way to pricy for what is really a simple brake lever.

    > or you could use cantis. solid.

    I like cantis, but I like v-brakes even better.

    Thanks for your help.