Telekom's roster for the Tour

Oscar Mannheim

Guest
One hell of a team, but I don't understand why they chosen Nardello and not Guerini. Guerini just
finished third in the Tour de Suisse.

Mario Aerts Rolf Aldag Santiago Botero Matthias Kessler Andreas Klöden Daniele Nardello Paolo
Savoldelli Alexandre Vinokourov Erik Zabel

"Oscar Mannheim" <net>...
> One hell of a team, but I don't understand why they chosen Nardello and not Guerini. Guerini just
> finished third in the Tour de Suisse.
>
> Mario Aerts Rolf Aldag Santiago Botero Matthias Kessler Andreas Klöden Daniele Nardello Paolo
> Savoldelli Alexandre Vinokourov Erik Zabel

This is an excellent roster -- they might have soemone there to podium after LANCE and HERAS.

Botero's 15 minutes of fame have ended, Savoldelli's is still on the rise.

_Ken_

Poor Bobby.

Oscar Mannheim wrote:

> One hell of a team, but I don't understand why they chosen Nardello and not Guerini. Guerini just
> finished third in the Tour de Suisse.
>
> Mario Aerts Rolf Aldag Santiago Botero Matthias Kessler Andreas Klöden Daniele Nardello Paolo
> Savoldelli Alexandre Vinokourov Erik Zabel

"Oscar Mannheim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<Yc%[email protected]>...
> One hell of a team, but I don't understand why they chosen Nardello and not Guerini. Guerini just
> finished third in the Tour de Suisse.
>
> Mario Aerts Rolf Aldag Santiago Botero Matthias Kessler Andreas Klöden Daniele Nardello Paolo
> Savoldelli Alexandre Vinokourov Erik Zabel

Hard to tell from distance, but I really don´t know why they have chosen Andreas Klöden. Guerini
would be the better choice. The official Telekom statement is that Guerini peaked in his form too
early this year.

"Aruno" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Oscar Mannheim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<Yc%[email protected]>...
> > One hell of a team, but I don't understand why they chosen Nardello and
not
> > Guerini. Guerini just finished third in the Tour de Suisse.
> >
> > Mario Aerts Rolf Aldag Santiago Botero Matthias Kessler Andreas Klöden Daniele Nardello Paolo
> > Savoldelli Alexandre Vinokourov Erik Zabel
>
> Hard to tell from distance, but I really don´t know why they have chosen Andreas Klöden. Guerini
> would be the better choice. The official Telekom statement is that Guerini peaked in his form too
> early this year.

One possible reason, if they're both on equal form: one is German, the other is Italian.
German team.

Plus the role is being a domestique. usually Guerini shines in some mountain stages and is
invisible in others. Kloden is more an all-rounder rouleur: also very useful in the flat stages
(Zabel) and TTT.

BTW that Kloden seemed the next big thing (like Pecharroman now) some years ago......

"Van Hoorebeeck Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Plus the role is being a domestique. usually Guerini shines in some
mountain
> stages and is invisible in others. Kloden is more an all-rounder rouleur: also very useful in the
> flat stages (Zabel) and TTT.
>
> BTW that Kloden seemed the next big thing (like Pecharroman now) some
years
> ago......

Ya, the medal at the Olympic road race.

Speaking of Guerini, does the press ever do a "where are they now" story on Eric the Moron?

Kurgan Gringioni schreef:

> Ya, the medal at the Olympic road race.

no. the olympic race is an uplifted kermesse after all.

i thought of his Paris-Nice and Basque Country performances, climbing and TT-ing as if he would be
the man for the GTs in years to come.

> One hell of a team, but I don't understand why they chosen Nardello and not Guerini. Guerini just
> finished third in the Tour de Suisse.
>
> Mario Aerts Rolf Aldag Santiago Botero Matthias Kessler Andreas Klöden Daniele Nardello Paolo
> Savoldelli Alexandre Vinokourov Erik Zabel

Though I'm a Belgian, I really don't get why Aerts is being selected for the Tour. The guy really
did nothing this year so far. He focussed on La Fleche Wallonne and LBL but didn't even appear in
the coverage. Next objective is the tour. The best result he got in his preparation was 18th overall
in Catalunya. He sais he's close to his best form and expects to be top in the 3rd week of the tour.
Jeezes! What a loser. I can't find any reasonable explanation why Aerts is chosen instead of Guerini
or Julich after this guy's year so far. I guess Godefroot couldn't dissapoint a compatriot by not
selecting him. What a pitty. Godefroot obviously makes a big mistake.

In article <[email protected]>, Kenny <[email protected]> wrote:

> > One hell of a team, but I don't understand why they chosen Nardello and not Guerini. Guerini
> > just finished third in the Tour de Suisse.
> >
> > Mario Aerts Rolf Aldag Santiago Botero Matthias Kessler Andreas Klöden Daniele Nardello Paolo
> > Savoldelli Alexandre Vinokourov Erik Zabel
>
> Though I'm a Belgian, I really don't get why Aerts is being selected for the Tour. The guy really
> did nothing this year so far. He focussed on La Fleche Wallonne and LBL but didn't even appear in
> the coverage. Next objective is the tour. The best result he got in his preparation was 18th
> overall in Catalunya. He sais he's close to his best form and expects to be top in the 3rd week of
> the tour. Jeezes! What a loser. I can't find any reasonable explanation why Aerts is chosen
> instead of Guerini or Julich after this guy's year so far. I guess Godefroot couldn't dissapoint a
> compatriot by not selecting him. What a pitty. Godefroot obviously makes a big mistake.

Isn't it possible that since Ullrich won't contend for the win in France he will in Spain and Julich
will be there to help him?

-WG

In article <250620031643475276%[email protected]>, warren <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, Kenny <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > One hell of a team, but I don't understand why they chosen Nardello
and not
> > > Guerini. Guerini just finished third in the Tour de Suisse.
> > >
> > > Mario Aerts Rolf Aldag Santiago Botero Matthias Kessler Andreas Klöden Daniele Nardello Paolo
> > > Savoldelli Alexandre Vinokourov Erik Zabel
> >
> > Though I'm a Belgian, I really don't get why Aerts is being selected for the Tour. The guy
> > really did nothing this year so far. He focussed on La Fleche Wallonne and LBL but didn't even
> > appear in the coverage. Next objective is the tour. The best result he got in his preparation
> > was 18th overall in Catalunya. He sais he's close to his best form and expects to be top in the
> > 3rd week of the tour. Jeezes! What a loser. I can't find any reasonable explanation why Aerts is
> > chosen instead of Guerini or Julich after this guy's year so far. I guess Godefroot couldn't
> > dissapoint a compatriot by not selecting him. What a pitty. Godefroot obviously makes a big
> > mistake.
>
> Isn't it possible that since Ullrich won't contend for the win in France he will in Spain and
> Julich will be there to help him?
>
> -WG

I doubt it, since Ullrich rides for Bianchi now.

> Though I'm a Belgian, I really don't get why Aerts is being selected for the Tour. The guy really
> did nothing this year so far.

why is that every rider that joins the Telekom team, suddenly loose capacity?

In article <[email protected]>, chiefhiawatha <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <250620031643475276%[email protected]>, warren <[email protected]> wrote:

> and not

> > > Though I'm a Belgian, I really don't get why Aerts is being selected for the Tour. The guy
> > > really did nothing this year so far. He focussed on La Fleche Wallonne and LBL but didn't even
> > > appear in the coverage. Next objective is the tour. The best result he got in his preparation
> > > was 18th overall in Catalunya. He sais he's close to his best form and expects to be top in
> > > the 3rd week of the tour. Jeezes! What a loser. I can't find any reasonable explanation why
> > > Aerts is chosen instead of Guerini or Julich after this guy's year so far. I guess Godefroot
> > > couldn't dissapoint a compatriot by not selecting him. What a pitty. Godefroot obviously makes
> > > a big mistake.
> >
> > Isn't it possible that since Ullrich won't contend for the win in France he will in Spain and
> > Julich will be there to help him?
> >
> > -WG
>
> I doubt it, since Ullrich rides for Bianchi now.

Technicality. How about helping Salvodelli or some other team leader in Spain?

-WG

Yep. I was thinking the same thing. Vino was in the same boat until he finally started to live up to
his reputation.

"Van Hoorebeeck Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Kurgan Gringioni schreef:
>
> > Ya, the medal at the Olympic road race.
>
> no. the olympic race is an uplifted kermesse after all.
>
> i thought of his Paris-Nice and Basque Country performances, climbing and
TT-ing
> as if he would be the man for the GTs in years to come.

I have Jan picked for the Vuelta this year. I don't know if Julich will be there but I know
Jan will be.

"warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:250620031643475276%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Kenny <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > One hell of a team, but I don't understand why they chosen Nardello
and not
> > > Guerini. Guerini just finished third in the Tour de Suisse.
> > >
> > > Mario Aerts Rolf Aldag Santiago Botero Matthias Kessler Andreas Klöden Daniele Nardello Paolo
> > > Savoldelli Alexandre Vinokourov Erik Zabel
> >
> > Though I'm a Belgian, I really don't get why Aerts is being selected for the Tour. The guy
> > really did nothing this year so far. He focussed on La Fleche Wallonne and LBL but didn't even
> > appear in the coverage. Next objective is the tour. The best result he got in his preparation
> > was 18th overall in Catalunya. He sais he's close to his best form and expects to be top in the
> > 3rd week of the tour. Jeezes! What a loser. I can't find any reasonable explanation why Aerts is
> > chosen instead of Guerini or Julich after this guy's year so far. I guess Godefroot couldn't
> > dissapoint a compatriot by not selecting him. What a pitty. Godefroot obviously makes a big
> > mistake.
>
> Isn't it possible that since Ullrich won't contend for the win in France he will in Spain and
> Julich will be there to help him?
>
> -WG

yep Jan will be there racing for BIANCHI......

Nick Burns wrote:
> I have Jan picked for the Vuelta this year. I don't know if Julich will be there but I know Jan
> will be.

> and not

>>>Though I'm a Belgian, I really don't get why Aerts is being selected for the Tour. The guy really
>>>did nothing this year so far. He focussed on La Fleche Wallonne and LBL but didn't even appear in
>>>the coverage. Next objective is the tour. The best result he got in his preparation was 18th
>>>overall in Catalunya. He sais he's close to his best form and expects to be top in the 3rd week
>>>of the tour. Jeezes! What a loser. I can't find any reasonable explanation why Aerts is chosen
>>>instead of Guerini or Julich after this guy's year so far. I guess Godefroot couldn't dissapoint
>>>a compatriot by not selecting him. What a pitty. Godefroot obviously makes a big mistake.
>>
>>Isn't it possible that since Ullrich won't contend for the win in France he will in Spain and
>>Julich will be there to help him?
>>
>>-WG

One thing does this guy realize that Jan is riding for Bianchi and not Telekom. What kind of rock
has he been hiding under?

"us" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> yep Jan will be there racing for BIANCHI......
>
> Nick Burns wrote:
> > I have Jan picked for the Vuelta this year. I don't know if Julich will
be
> > there but I know Jan will be.
> >
> > "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:250620031643475276%[email protected]...

> > and not

> >>Isn't it possible that since Ullrich won't contend for the win in France he will in Spain and
> >>Julich will be there to help him?
> >>
> >>-WG

Yeah, I know. I should have been more clear considering the subject line and the fact that Jan did
race for Telekom at one time.

"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<
> Speaking of Guerini, does the press ever do a "where are they now" story on Eric the Moron?

He committed suicide 2 years ago. No BS.

"otto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:<
> > Speaking of Guerini, does the press ever do a "where are they now" story
on
> > Eric the Moron?
>
> He committed suicide 2 years ago. No BS.

wow.

I wonder if it was his moronicity (that which caused him to knock down Guerini) had caused him to
be suicidal before the incident or did the noteriety from the incident itself drive him to do
what he did?

poor guy.