Telekom's roster for the Tour

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Oscar Mannheim, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. One hell of a team, but I don't understand why they chosen Nardello and not Guerini. Guerini just
    finished third in the Tour de Suisse.

    Mario Aerts Rolf Aldag Santiago Botero Matthias Kessler Andreas Klöden Daniele Nardello Paolo
    Savoldelli Alexandre Vinokourov Erik Zabel

    Tags:

  2. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    "Oscar Mannheim" <net>...
    > One hell of a team, but I don't understand why they chosen Nardello and not Guerini. Guerini just
    > finished third in the Tour de Suisse.
    >
    > Mario Aerts Rolf Aldag Santiago Botero Matthias Kessler Andreas Klöden Daniele Nardello Paolo
    > Savoldelli Alexandre Vinokourov Erik Zabel

    This is an excellent roster -- they might have soemone there to podium after LANCE and HERAS.

    Botero's 15 minutes of fame have ended, Savoldelli's is still on the rise.

    _Ken_

  3. Pista-1

    Pista-1 Guest

    Poor Bobby.

    Oscar Mannheim wrote:

    > One hell of a team, but I don't understand why they chosen Nardello and not Guerini. Guerini just
    > finished third in the Tour de Suisse.
    >
    > Mario Aerts Rolf Aldag Santiago Botero Matthias Kessler Andreas Klöden Daniele Nardello Paolo
    > Savoldelli Alexandre Vinokourov Erik Zabel

  4. Aruno

    Aruno Guest

    "Oscar Mannheim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<Yc%[email protected]>...
    > One hell of a team, but I don't understand why they chosen Nardello and not Guerini. Guerini just
    > finished third in the Tour de Suisse.
    >
    > Mario Aerts Rolf Aldag Santiago Botero Matthias Kessler Andreas Klöden Daniele Nardello Paolo
    > Savoldelli Alexandre Vinokourov Erik Zabel

    Hard to tell from distance, but I really don´t know why they have chosen Andreas Klöden. Guerini
    would be the better choice. The official Telekom statement is that Guerini peaked in his form too
    early this year.

  5. "Aruno" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Oscar Mannheim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<Yc%[email protected]>...
    > > One hell of a team, but I don't understand why they chosen Nardello and
    not
    > > Guerini. Guerini just finished third in the Tour de Suisse.
    > >
    > > Mario Aerts Rolf Aldag Santiago Botero Matthias Kessler Andreas Klöden Daniele Nardello Paolo
    > > Savoldelli Alexandre Vinokourov Erik Zabel
    >
    > Hard to tell from distance, but I really don´t know why they have chosen Andreas Klöden. Guerini
    > would be the better choice. The official Telekom statement is that Guerini peaked in his form too
    > early this year.

    One possible reason, if they're both on equal form: one is German, the other is Italian.
    German team.

  6. Plus the role is being a domestique. usually Guerini shines in some mountain stages and is
    invisible in others. Kloden is more an all-rounder rouleur: also very useful in the flat stages
    (Zabel) and TTT.

    BTW that Kloden seemed the next big thing (like Pecharroman now) some years ago......

  7. "Van Hoorebeeck Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Plus the role is being a domestique. usually Guerini shines in some
    mountain
    > stages and is invisible in others. Kloden is more an all-rounder rouleur: also very useful in the
    > flat stages (Zabel) and TTT.
    >
    > BTW that Kloden seemed the next big thing (like Pecharroman now) some
    years
    > ago......

    Ya, the medal at the Olympic road race.

    Speaking of Guerini, does the press ever do a "where are they now" story on Eric the Moron?

  8. Kurgan Gringioni schreef:

    > Ya, the medal at the Olympic road race.

    no. the olympic race is an uplifted kermesse after all.

    i thought of his Paris-Nice and Basque Country performances, climbing and TT-ing as if he would be
    the man for the GTs in years to come.

  9. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    > One hell of a team, but I don't understand why they chosen Nardello and not Guerini. Guerini just
    > finished third in the Tour de Suisse.
    >
    > Mario Aerts Rolf Aldag Santiago Botero Matthias Kessler Andreas Klöden Daniele Nardello Paolo
    > Savoldelli Alexandre Vinokourov Erik Zabel

    Though I'm a Belgian, I really don't get why Aerts is being selected for the Tour. The guy really
    did nothing this year so far. He focussed on La Fleche Wallonne and LBL but didn't even appear in
    the coverage. Next objective is the tour. The best result he got in his preparation was 18th overall
    in Catalunya. He sais he's close to his best form and expects to be top in the 3rd week of the tour.
    Jeezes! What a loser. I can't find any reasonable explanation why Aerts is chosen instead of Guerini
    or Julich after this guy's year so far. I guess Godefroot couldn't dissapoint a compatriot by not
    selecting him. What a pitty. Godefroot obviously makes a big mistake.

  10. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Kenny <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > One hell of a team, but I don't understand why they chosen Nardello and not Guerini. Guerini
    > > just finished third in the Tour de Suisse.
    > >
    > > Mario Aerts Rolf Aldag Santiago Botero Matthias Kessler Andreas Klöden Daniele Nardello Paolo
    > > Savoldelli Alexandre Vinokourov Erik Zabel
    >
    > Though I'm a Belgian, I really don't get why Aerts is being selected for the Tour. The guy really
    > did nothing this year so far. He focussed on La Fleche Wallonne and LBL but didn't even appear in
    > the coverage. Next objective is the tour. The best result he got in his preparation was 18th
    > overall in Catalunya. He sais he's close to his best form and expects to be top in the 3rd week of
    > the tour. Jeezes! What a loser. I can't find any reasonable explanation why Aerts is chosen
    > instead of Guerini or Julich after this guy's year so far. I guess Godefroot couldn't dissapoint a
    > compatriot by not selecting him. What a pitty. Godefroot obviously makes a big mistake.

    Isn't it possible that since Ullrich won't contend for the win in France he will in Spain and Julich
    will be there to help him?

    -WG

  11. In article <250620031643475276%[email protected]>, warren <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, Kenny <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > > One hell of a team, but I don't understand why they chosen Nardello
    and not
    > > > Guerini. Guerini just finished third in the Tour de Suisse.
    > > >
    > > > Mario Aerts Rolf Aldag Santiago Botero Matthias Kessler Andreas Klöden Daniele Nardello Paolo
    > > > Savoldelli Alexandre Vinokourov Erik Zabel
    > >
    > > Though I'm a Belgian, I really don't get why Aerts is being selected for the Tour. The guy
    > > really did nothing this year so far. He focussed on La Fleche Wallonne and LBL but didn't even
    > > appear in the coverage. Next objective is the tour. The best result he got in his preparation
    > > was 18th overall in Catalunya. He sais he's close to his best form and expects to be top in the
    > > 3rd week of the tour. Jeezes! What a loser. I can't find any reasonable explanation why Aerts is
    > > chosen instead of Guerini or Julich after this guy's year so far. I guess Godefroot couldn't
    > > dissapoint a compatriot by not selecting him. What a pitty. Godefroot obviously makes a big
    > > mistake.
    >
    > Isn't it possible that since Ullrich won't contend for the win in France he will in Spain and
    > Julich will be there to help him?
    >
    > -WG

    I doubt it, since Ullrich rides for Bianchi now.

  12. > Though I'm a Belgian, I really don't get why Aerts is being selected for the Tour. The guy really
    > did nothing this year so far.

    why is that every rider that joins the Telekom team, suddenly loose capacity?

  13. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, chiefhiawatha <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <250620031643475276%[email protected]>, warren <[email protected]> wrote:

    > and not

    > > > Though I'm a Belgian, I really don't get why Aerts is being selected for the Tour. The guy
    > > > really did nothing this year so far. He focussed on La Fleche Wallonne and LBL but didn't even
    > > > appear in the coverage. Next objective is the tour. The best result he got in his preparation
    > > > was 18th overall in Catalunya. He sais he's close to his best form and expects to be top in
    > > > the 3rd week of the tour. Jeezes! What a loser. I can't find any reasonable explanation why
    > > > Aerts is chosen instead of Guerini or Julich after this guy's year so far. I guess Godefroot
    > > > couldn't dissapoint a compatriot by not selecting him. What a pitty. Godefroot obviously makes
    > > > a big mistake.
    > >
    > > Isn't it possible that since Ullrich won't contend for the win in France he will in Spain and
    > > Julich will be there to help him?
    > >
    > > -WG
    >
    > I doubt it, since Ullrich rides for Bianchi now.

    Technicality. How about helping Salvodelli or some other team leader in Spain?

    -WG

  14. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    Yep. I was thinking the same thing. Vino was in the same boat until he finally started to live up to
    his reputation.

    "Van Hoorebeeck Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Kurgan Gringioni schreef:
    >
    > > Ya, the medal at the Olympic road race.
    >
    > no. the olympic race is an uplifted kermesse after all.
    >
    > i thought of his Paris-Nice and Basque Country performances, climbing and
    TT-ing
    > as if he would be the man for the GTs in years to come.

  15. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    I have Jan picked for the Vuelta this year. I don't know if Julich will be there but I know
    Jan will be.

    "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:250620031643475276%[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, Kenny <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > > One hell of a team, but I don't understand why they chosen Nardello
    and not
    > > > Guerini. Guerini just finished third in the Tour de Suisse.
    > > >
    > > > Mario Aerts Rolf Aldag Santiago Botero Matthias Kessler Andreas Klöden Daniele Nardello Paolo
    > > > Savoldelli Alexandre Vinokourov Erik Zabel
    > >
    > > Though I'm a Belgian, I really don't get why Aerts is being selected for the Tour. The guy
    > > really did nothing this year so far. He focussed on La Fleche Wallonne and LBL but didn't even
    > > appear in the coverage. Next objective is the tour. The best result he got in his preparation
    > > was 18th overall in Catalunya. He sais he's close to his best form and expects to be top in the
    > > 3rd week of the tour. Jeezes! What a loser. I can't find any reasonable explanation why Aerts is
    > > chosen instead of Guerini or Julich after this guy's year so far. I guess Godefroot couldn't
    > > dissapoint a compatriot by not selecting him. What a pitty. Godefroot obviously makes a big
    > > mistake.
    >
    > Isn't it possible that since Ullrich won't contend for the win in France he will in Spain and
    > Julich will be there to help him?
    >
    > -WG

  16. Us

    Us Guest

    yep Jan will be there racing for BIANCHI......

    Nick Burns wrote:
    > I have Jan picked for the Vuelta this year. I don't know if Julich will be there but I know Jan
    > will be.

    > and not

    >>>Though I'm a Belgian, I really don't get why Aerts is being selected for the Tour. The guy really
    >>>did nothing this year so far. He focussed on La Fleche Wallonne and LBL but didn't even appear in
    >>>the coverage. Next objective is the tour. The best result he got in his preparation was 18th
    >>>overall in Catalunya. He sais he's close to his best form and expects to be top in the 3rd week
    >>>of the tour. Jeezes! What a loser. I can't find any reasonable explanation why Aerts is chosen
    >>>instead of Guerini or Julich after this guy's year so far. I guess Godefroot couldn't dissapoint
    >>>a compatriot by not selecting him. What a pitty. Godefroot obviously makes a big mistake.
    >>
    >>Isn't it possible that since Ullrich won't contend for the win in France he will in Spain and
    >>Julich will be there to help him?
    >>
    >>-WG

  17. One thing does this guy realize that Jan is riding for Bianchi and not Telekom. What kind of rock
    has he been hiding under?

    "us" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > yep Jan will be there racing for BIANCHI......
    >
    > Nick Burns wrote:
    > > I have Jan picked for the Vuelta this year. I don't know if Julich will
    be
    > > there but I know Jan will be.
    > >
    > > "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:250620031643475276%[email protected]...

    > > and not

    > >>Isn't it possible that since Ullrich won't contend for the win in France he will in Spain and
    > >>Julich will be there to help him?
    > >>
    > >>-WG

  18. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    Yeah, I know. I should have been more clear considering the subject line and the fact that Jan did
    race for Telekom at one time.

    "us" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > yep Jan will be there racing for BIANCHI......
    >
    > Nick Burns wrote:
    > > I have Jan picked for the Vuelta this year. I don't know if Julich will
    be
    > > there but I know Jan will be.
    > >
    > > "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:250620031643475276%[email protected]...

    > > and not

    > >>Isn't it possible that since Ullrich won't contend for the win in France he will in Spain and
    > >>Julich will be there to help him?
    > >>
    > >>-WG

  19. Otto

    Otto Guest

    "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<
    > Speaking of Guerini, does the press ever do a "where are they now" story on Eric the Moron?

    He committed suicide 2 years ago. No BS.

  20. "otto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:<
    > > Speaking of Guerini, does the press ever do a "where are they now" story
    on
    > > Eric the Moron?
    >
    > He committed suicide 2 years ago. No BS.

    wow.

    I wonder if it was his moronicity (that which caused him to knock down Guerini) had caused him to
    be suicidal before the incident or did the noteriety from the incident itself drive him to do
    what he did?

    poor guy.