Telemetry Straps

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Liz, Dec 22, 2003.

  1. Liz

    Liz Guest

    Hi!, I recently started working out again :) Things have changed so much since I last worked out. As
    I was on the treadmill I noticed it keeps complaining about wanting a telemetry strap. What is a
    telemetry strap? Ive hard of watches that monitor your heart rate and will report it to the
    treadmill..I have also heard they can store your workout info and stuff? Any recommendations on what
    I can use something cheap for begineers?

    Tags:

  2. David Kerber

    David Kerber Guest

    > Hi!, I recently started working out again :) Things have changed so much since I last worked out.
    > As I was on the treadmill I noticed it keeps complaining about wanting a telemetry strap. What is
    > a telemetry strap? Ive hard of watches that monitor your heart rate and will report it to the
    > treadmill..I have also heard they can store your workout info and stuff? Any recommendations on
    > what I can use something cheap for begineers?

    I have a low-end Polar Heart Rate Monitor which works fine for its job. It doesn't talk to my
    treadmill, though there are brands which will do so.

  3. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    liz wrote:

    > Hi!, I recently started working out again :) Things have changed so much since I last worked out.
    > As I was on the treadmill I noticed it keeps complaining about wanting a telemetry strap. What is
    > a telemetry strap? Ive hard of watches that monitor your heart rate and will report it to the
    > treadmill..I have also heard they can store your workout info and stuff? Any recommendations on
    > what I can use something cheap for begineers?

    Liz,

    Quality Japanese bikes made in the 1980's can often be found in good condition for very little
    money. Besides being much more fun than the treadmill, the bike will be a useful form of
    transportation.

    This is a bicycling newsgroup after all. ;)

    Tom Sherman - 41 N, 90 W