Tell me about the Fusion Recumbent

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by R40, Aug 8, 2004.

1. R40

R40 New Member

Hello

Im in love with this bike, and i really want to know more about the Rans Fusion! Anyone have one? If so how many miles ect... Do tell! I want to know what you think about this bike :cool:
    http://www.ransbikes.com/ITRFusionEvolution.htm

Thanks for stoping by...

Tom

Tags:

2. sukispop

sukispop New Member

Hi Tom,

I own the current 26"/20" Fusion, and I love it! It really does ride like Randy Schlitter says! It doesn't have a learning curve, like most recumbents--you just get on and ride! Because it's a semi-recumbent, it doesn't have a seat back...so it's not quite as full-out cushy, comfy for the back as a full fledged recumbent would be. But, to be honest, with this bike, I really don't miss it. It handles very much like a traditional, upright "df"(diamond frame) bike--very sweet. To climb, you pull on the handlebars...and you'll be surprised at how much power that'll help put to the pedals.

The bike in the "Evolution" article is a new version, with dual 26" wheels, and straight tubing, instead of the curved cruiser-like tubing on my version. The dual 26ers should make handling even a little sweeter, and should make the bike a little faster than the current version. And, on this new version, you should be able to stand('though not for mashing); you really can't on the current one. I understand that this new version is supposed to be available later this year.

But, in the meantime, Hostel Shoppe has a current version(track demo) available at a discount. Check it out:
    http://www.hostelshoppe.com/specials.php

:)

3. sukispop

sukispop New Member

Well, Tom,
    no sooner do I open my mouth, when Rans decides to post an update article regarding the upcoming new Fusion! Not only are they coming out with a new version Fusion; they're coming out with 4 new and different models! Two are evolutions of the Fusion(with one still called by the same name), and two are more performance oriented "road" bikes, but with the twist of Rans' brand of comfort. They are coming out next January. Check it out:
    Awesome Foursome

Have fun choosing, Tom! :eek:

:D