Tell me about this bike ...

CNC2203

Sep 4, 2014
http://www.cyclesuk.com/10586093/products/specialized-roubaix-sl4-elite-disc-2015-road-bike-carcoal-and-white.aspx

No, the bike above is an 11 speed SRAM with hyro brakes at $2800 vs the base mech disc model which is a 9 speed SORA for 2K.

Same purchase, different bike. For some, buying a bike apparently requires full consensus of the group.

Here's my take. For some, SRAM is a deal breaker. Personally, I've been double-tapping for almost two years and I think it's worth every cent. Regarding the brakes, the first generation of Avid (SRAM owns Avid) road hydro brakes had serious problems and were recalled. SRAM has replaced them with a newly engineered product line that reportedly corrects the problems, but many have not forgotten or forgiven. That said, SRAM responds quickly and quite liberally to warranty issues.

Personally, I think disc brakes on a road bike are a lot of overhead (weight, wind resistance, expense, and over-engineering) for something that gets used so little. Naturally, my opinion is influenced by where and how I ride. And then there are some who find that the superior control, modulation, and immediate response in the wet trumps all that overhead. They have a point.

Thanks, i like that ...
big-smile.png

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/road/tarmac/tarmac-elite

How bout this one ... ?

That's a lot of money for 105 without even a full group (no crank). Again, Specialized is a groupset down from everyone else for the same money.

Originally Posted by AyeYo
That's a lot of money for 105 without even a full group (no crank). Again, Specialized is a groupset down from everyone else for the same money.
The TARMAC Elite crank is the Praxis works TURN Zayante BB30 52/36.
Bottom bracket on this bike wont accommodate a 105 crank because its oversized and a different type of bearing.

Not like Spesh is cutting corners, the stock crank on the TARMAC Elite is actually faster and spec'd for the bike.

The issue isn't just the crank, it's that a $2,500 bike from almost any other brand is going to have an Ultegra group or, at the very least, a mix of Ultegra (usually levers, FD, and RD) and 105.

2015 Carbon bikes cost lots of dough ...... film at eleven.

This bike has new 105 everything but the crank ...which is what i want.

Pretty much done here.

All depends how you want to look at it. You can choose any or all of these options...

1. You're paying an aero-road bike premium for a non-aero road bike.

2. You're getting 105 for Ultegra prices

3. You're paying $500-700 too much for a 105 bike

4. You just really want this bike and don't care how bad of a deal it is

Ended up with a 2015 SPECIALIZED TARMAC ELITE.

Awesome bike, 120 miles since last friday.

Nice choice.

Sometimes the bike with the latest stuff catches our eye and draws us into the shop. Then we ride a few around and fall in love with what's really an update of ten year old concept (the carbon-framed road racing bike with STI levers).