Tell me I'm not the only one out there...

Bentley

Nov 5, 2003
...who works long hours, has three kids (girls), is paying for their college, has one getting married next week, has a very tight budget, etc.., etc... In other words, as much as I'd like to be able to afford a real nice bike and equipment I can't. So I ride a 1973 Schwinn Continental that I've fixed up. I feel very intimidated reading about and seeing bikes that cost thousands of $ out there and I'm riding a cheapie. I'd love to be able to ride across country or some local road races but I'd be embarressed to show up with my currant ride. It's comfortable and rides nice but even though it's in great condition it's only a 10 speed.

I used to do a lot of biking when I was a teenager on the very same bike like what I'm riding now but just recently got back into biking and I'm blown away by all the high prices. I know you pay for quality but I can't afford such luxuries.

I just wondered if I was the only guy out there that falls into a catagory of wanting to be a good road racer but can't see the dream every coming true because of cost and age.

Thanks for reading and have a great day.