Tell me what you think...

First time I ever heard of them. Looks good but I would have to have a custom frame. The stock ones look a little too sedate for me. The price seems to be in line with all the other designer bikes. I would have thought stainless would have been too heavy but not by what they say.

Too sedate? Do you need mounts for a rocket engine?

I would like to get a steel frame sometime, Maybe steel is real, despite Alienator's cautionary brow-beating...
AND this frame is stainless, and definitely light, assuming their claims aren't BS, which isn't garanteed at all. I don't know about the durablilty of such a light frame, but who knows. I should see about test riding one next time I'm in Colorado.
I bet my current alu frame ways at least a pound more than this...

benkoostra said:
Too sedate? Do you need mounts for a rocket engine?

I would like to get a steel frame sometime, Maybe steel is real, despite Alienator's cautionary brow-beating...
AND this frame is stainless, and definitely light, assuming their claims aren't BS, which isn't garanteed at all. I don't know about the durablilty of such a light frame, but who knows. I should see about test riding one next time I'm in Colorado.
I bet my current alu frame ways at least a pound more than this...
Sedate in that the geometry is more slanted toward a sport/touring bike than a performance bike. I like bikes that I have to think about what I'm doing when I ride it. One of my favorite rides is a bike that was involved in a minor front end collision. The down tube was slightly bent. It tracks true but can get really squirrely. A lot of fun if you think about what you are doing:D . Definitely not the kind of bike that can be ridden with no hands. It wears me out on long rides though.

kdelong said:
One of my favorite rides is a bike that was involved in a minor front end collision. The down tube was slightly bent. It tracks true but can get really squirrely.
Not to bust your balls or anything, but that is a safety hazard. Hopefully we won't hear about you being sucked into a transport trailer......Is your Life Insurance all paid up? Is your wife pretty? Do you think your kids will call me Dad in a few years? (just kidding)

It is definitely a trail bike. I wouldn't dare take it on the road as it tends to pull a little to the left and is too unstable to ride around cars. Wouldn't be a problem if I lived in Great Britain or Oz. You tell me, is she pretty? Sarah's kids don't call me Dad, and all of my kids from a previous marriage are probably your age anyway. Three girls though, and very pretty, at least I think so.

Very pretty, and i hope you know i was just poking fun, no harm intended. So if your other kids are my age, (36) that would put you over 55.......

I know you were poking fun at me, but it gave me an excuse to post Sarah's photos. I had you pegged 12 - 15 years younger. I'm not yet 50, but will be there all too soon.

kdelong said:
Sedate in that the geometry is more slanted toward a sport/touring bike than a performance bike. I like bikes that I have to think about what I'm doing when I ride it. One of my favorite rides is a bike that was involved in a minor front end collision. The down tube was slightly bent. It tracks true but can get really squirrely. A lot of fun if you think about what you are doing:D . Definitely not the kind of bike that can be ridden with no hands. It wears me out on long rides though.
I see what your saying about the one pictured, but they offer it in standard or custom geometry too.