Tell the UCI to go **** themselves!!! Sign the petition to let Frankie VDB ride!!!

Magilla:

Frank would have joined a union if there was one. So why don't you start
one? You are smart, articulate, and motivated. You could pull it off with
all of your talents. Or, is it that you just like to throw rocks? There
aren't that many professional riders. It wouldn't be too hard to contact
all of them. Hell, half the people in here would be glad to help you. What
would be your rider's union plan and model?

Sincerely, etc.
HC

news:[email protected]...

HC wrote:

> Magilla:
>
> Frank would have joined a union if there was one. So why don't you start
> one? You are smart, articulate, and motivated. You could pull it off with
> all of your talents. Or, is it that you just like to throw rocks? There
> aren't that many professional riders. It wouldn't be too hard to contact
> all of them. Hell, half the people in here would be glad to help you. What
> would be your rider's union plan and model?
>
> Sincerely, etc.
> HC

Magilla Hoffa. I like it.

MagillaGorilla wrote:
> I'm not going to sign it. Frank should have joined a union if he wanted
> to change the rules.

What rules ? VDB served any suspensions back in 2002 and hasn't broken any
other rules I'm aware of. Perhaps the UCI should abide by their own rules.

On Mar 23, 5:29 pm, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
> HC wrote:
> >http://www.frankvdbroucke.be/petitie_nl.php (Dutch)

> I'm not going to sign it.  Frank should have joined a union if he wanted
> to change the rules.
>
> Why should the public care if the cyclists themselves don't?

Dumbass,

What rules? Frank the Tank got suspended in 2002. That
was six years ago. Even the ban from Pro Tour teams is
only supposed to last four years, and he isn't even on a
Pro Tour team. You have a point that if the riders had a
union, the union could file a grievance and try to force
the UCI to let VDB ride, and maybe by the time the case
was heard a year from now they would have to finally
let him ride, if that is he could get a day off from his new
job serving escargot at Allan Peiper's stand. But this is
a smokescreen.

I don't believe VDB is really gonna do anything in a race
other than cause distractions, but your talking about "rules"
here seems even more hopelessly optimistic than the
VDB fanclub's estimation of his racing chances.
As far as I can tell, the UCI has never forgiven the Flemish
fed for not putting VDB on double super secret probation,
and this is their way of pissing in the Flemish fed's beer.
VDB himself at this point is just collateral damage.

Ben

In article <7d50ab89-2adb-43aa-bf0d-aa9ce6f30ac4@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,

> On Mar 23, 5:29 pm, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
> > HC wrote:
> > >http://www.frankvdbroucke.be/petitie_nl.php (Dutch)

> > I'm not going to sign it.  Frank should have joined a union if he wanted
> > to change the rules.
> >
> > Why should the public care if the cyclists themselves don't?

> Dumbass,
>
> What rules? Frank the Tank got suspended in 2002. That
> was six years ago. Even the ban from Pro Tour teams is
> only supposed to last four years, and he isn't even on a
> Pro Tour team. You have a point that if the riders had a
> union, the union could file a grievance and try to force
> the UCI to let VDB ride, and maybe by the time the case
> was heard a year from now they would have to finally
> let him ride, if that is he could get a day off from his new
> job serving escargot at Allan Peiper's stand. But this is
> a smokescreen.

He would have taken over Peiper's stand, since AP is working for High Load.

> I don't believe VDB is really gonna do anything in a race
> other than cause distractions, but your talking about "rules"
> here seems even more hopelessly optimistic than the
> VDB fanclub's estimation of his racing chances.
> As far as I can tell, the UCI has never forgiven the Flemish
> fed for not putting VDB on double super secret probation,
> and this is their way of pissing in the Flemish fed's beer.
> VDB himself at this point is just collateral damage.

This seems true. On the other hand, the question remains as to VDB's ability to
keep it together long enough to actually do something in a race. I wish he could, but
still...

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

MagillaGorilla wrote:
> HC wrote:
>
>> Magilla:
>>
>> Frank would have joined a union if there was one. So why don't you
>> start one? You are smart, articulate, and motivated. You could pull
>> it off with all of your talents. Or, is it that you just like to
>> throw rocks? There aren't that many professional riders. It wouldn't
>> be too hard to contact all of them. Hell, half the people in here
>> would be glad to help you. What would be your rider's union plan and
>> model?
>>
>> Sincerely, etc.
>> HC

> Magilla Hoffa. I like it.

So do we, Magilla.

MagillaGorilla wrote:
> I'm not going to sign it. Frank should have joined a union if he wanted
> to change the rules.
>
> Why should the public care if the cyclists themselves don't?

We're still waiting to hear what rule did VDB broke.

Think before you post.

On 25 mrt, 21:23, Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:
> MagillaGorilla wrote:
> > I'm not going to sign it.  Frank should have joined a union if he wanted
> > to change the rules.

> > Why should the public care if the cyclists themselves don't?

> We're still waiting to hear what rule did VDB broke.
>
> Think before you post.

He raced in Italy last year -under a local, minor federation- with a
licence under the name Francesco Del Ponte and with a Tom Boonen
picture.
Well that's what they mention, they are just sanctioning and
intimidating at will without a clear sentencing ground.