Temecula trails?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by News.Verizon.Ne, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. I'll be moving to Temecula soon and was wondering where I could get some info about trails in the
    area. I've done a search of the web but didn't find much. I'm aware of the race at Vail Lake but my
    understanding is that private land and is not open to the public for regular rides.

    Thanks for any help,

    Dave

    Tags:

  2. Michael Paul

    Michael Paul Guest

    "news.verizon.net" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'll be moving to Temecula soon and was wondering where I could get some info about trails in the
    > area. I've done a search of the web but didn't find much. I'm aware of the race at Vail Lake but
    > my understanding is
    that
    > private land and is not open to the public for regular rides.
    >
    > Thanks for any help,
    >
    > Dave

    Vail Lake is in fact private property and only open for special events. kind of a shame since it's a
    pretty fun little area.

    I don't know what's actually in and around Temecula so your best bet is to hit up a local shop
    when you arrive. But, not too far to the south is Daley Ranch in Escondido which is pretty fun.
    You also have a ton of trails up near Idyllwild including the Hurkey Creek 24 Hour race course.
    I've only been on a few trails in that area but it's not that far a drive from Temecula. I know
    there's also some other stuff to the north west and you can get to the San Juan Trail but I'm not
    sure how far it is.

    So, there's plenty of stuff around Temecula, just not sure what's in Temecula.

    Michael

  3. Btl62768

    Btl62768 Guest

    The only trails in that area that I've done are at the Santa Rosa Plateau. The trails across from
    the visitor center are a good warm-up for Superman's. This trail exits the visitor center following
    along Clinton Keith and then heads down into the valley through the preserve. Some bigger roller
    coaster followed by a great descent. Easy shuttle ride or just climb back up on Clinton Keith.