Temecula trails?

News.Verizon.Ne

Guest
I'll be moving to Temecula soon and was wondering where I could get some info about trails in the
area. I've done a search of the web but didn't find much. I'm aware of the race at Vail Lake but my
understanding is that private land and is not open to the public for regular rides.

Thanks for any help,

Dave

"news.verizon.net" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'll be moving to Temecula soon and was wondering where I could get some info about trails in the
> area. I've done a search of the web but didn't find much. I'm aware of the race at Vail Lake but
> my understanding is
that
> private land and is not open to the public for regular rides.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Dave

Vail Lake is in fact private property and only open for special events. kind of a shame since it's a
pretty fun little area.

I don't know what's actually in and around Temecula so your best bet is to hit up a local shop
when you arrive. But, not too far to the south is Daley Ranch in Escondido which is pretty fun.
You also have a ton of trails up near Idyllwild including the Hurkey Creek 24 Hour race course.
I've only been on a few trails in that area but it's not that far a drive from Temecula. I know
there's also some other stuff to the north west and you can get to the San Juan Trail but I'm not
sure how far it is.

So, there's plenty of stuff around Temecula, just not sure what's in Temecula.

Michael

The only trails in that area that I've done are at the Santa Rosa Plateau. The trails across from
the visitor center are a good warm-up for Superman's. This trail exits the visitor center following
along Clinton Keith and then heads down into the valley through the preserve. Some bigger roller
coaster followed by a great descent. Easy shuttle ride or just climb back up on Clinton Keith.