Temperflex bakeware-too good to be true?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Larry G, Mar 30, 2005.

  1. Larry G

    Larry G Guest

    Just an an infomercial where they're selling this plastic-like bakeware
    called smartware made of something called "temperflex".

    Anybody tried this? Is it too good to be true? What is it really?

    Larry

    Tags:

  2. aem

    aem Guest

    Larry G wrote:
    > Just an an infomercial where they're selling this plastic-like
    > bakeware called smartware made of something called "temperflex".
    >
    > Anybody tried this? Is it too good to be true? What is it really?

    Hard to say "what is it really." Infomercials are not designed to
    inform. I googled it and got a lot of hits for "Chef Tony," whose
    other products for sale include things like 'the ultimate chopper' and
    'the last knives you'll ever need.' It's always possible that the
    stuff is good, but I'd be wary of anything that keeps this kind of
    company. Besides, regular bakeware works fine, lasts forever, and
    doesn't cost much (if you stay away from the over-engineered,
    over-hyped AllClad type stuff.) So there's no problem that needs this
    solution, afaik. -aem

  3. aem

    aem Guest

    Larry G wrote:
    > Just an an infomercial where they're selling this plastic-like
    > bakeware called smartware made of something called "temperflex".
    >
    > Anybody tried this? Is it too good to be true? What is it really?

    Hard to say "what is it really." Infomercials are not designed to
    inform. I googled it and got a lot of hits for "Chef Tony," whose
    other products for sale include things like 'the ultimate chopper' and
    'the last knives you'll ever need.' It's always possible that the
    stuff is good, but I'd be wary of anything that keeps this kind of
    company. Besides, regular bakeware works fine, lasts forever, and
    doesn't cost much (if you stay away from the over-engineered,
    over-hyped AllClad type stuff.) So there's no problem that needs this
    solution, afaik. -aem

  4. Larry G

    Larry G Guest

    "aem" <[email protected]> wrote in message ...
    > Hard to say "what is it really." Infomercials are not designed to
    > inform. I googled it and got a lot of hits for "Chef Tony," whose
    > other products for sale include things like 'the ultimate chopper' and
    > 'the last knives you'll ever need.' It's always possible that the
    > stuff is good, but I'd be wary of anything that keeps this kind of
    > company. Besides, regular bakeware works fine, lasts forever, and
    > doesn't cost much (if you stay away from the over-engineered,
    > over-hyped AllClad type stuff.) So there's no problem that needs this
    > solution, afaik. -aem

    I thought so. Just wondering if anyone had heard of the stuff. Too many
    times, there's this "in-house" brand stuff on TV, and I can never find out
    any info, except from the TV websites themselves. Definitely gives me pause.

    Larry