Tent on E-Bay

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Michael Hobby, Oct 19, 2005.

  1. Auction has just ended at £360 with over 53000 hits on the listing!

    Tags:

  2. news

    news Guest

    Michael Hobby wrote:
    > Auction has just ended at £360 with over 53000 hits on the listing!

    hopefully the proceeds will go to charidee ?

  3. Fran

    Fran Guest

    michael@henllan3959.freeserve.co.uk said...
    > Auction has just ended at £360 with over 53000 hits on the listing!

    Good lord. Speechless.

    --
    To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
    where common sense dictates.

  4. On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:56:27 +0100, Fran <arjfatcymoeddorguk@privacy.net>
    wrote:

    | michael@henllan3959.freeserve.co.uk said...
    | > Auction has just ended at £360 with over 53000 hits on the listing!
    | >
    | Good lord. Speechless.

    The bloke was in Doncaster, and got himself on Look North.
    A typical straight talking Tyke :)

    --
    Dave Fawthrop <dave hyphenologist co uk>
    The London suicide bombers killed innocent commuters.

  5. Roger

    Roger Guest

    The message <173dl1l46i3s7f26q3b2vmvht4fjttv1m7@4ax.com>
    from Dave Fawthrop <invalid@hyphenologist.co.uk.invalid> contains these words:

    > > Auction has just ended at £360 with over 53000 hits on the listing!

    > | Good lord. Speechless.

    > The bloke was in Doncaster, and got himself on Look North.
    > A typical straight talking Tyke :)

    Didn't say anything about charity though and the voiceover talked about
    profit.

    --
    Roger Chapman so far this year 53 summits
    New - 27 (Marilyns 13, Nuttalls 5, Outlying Fells 10)

  6. Peewiglet

    Peewiglet Guest

    On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:44:22 GMT, "news" <news@news.not> wrote:

    >Michael Hobby wrote:
    >> Auction has just ended at £360 with over 53000 hits on the listing!

    >hopefully the proceeds will go to charidee ?

    I think it would be pretty good if they went to the bloke who sold the
    tent!

    Wet fishes,
    --
    ,,
    (**)PeeWiglet~~

    "Is our children learning?"
    g.w.AT [guessthisbit].com

  7. Gary

    Gary Guest

    It will the seller is my friend.

    Gaz

    "news" <news@news.not> wrote in message
    > Michael Hobby wrote:
    >> Auction has just ended at £360 with over 53000 hits on the listing!

    > hopefully the proceeds will go to charidee ?

  8. Michael Hobby bashed at the keyboard and came up with:

    > Auction has just ended at £360 with over 53000 hits on the listing!

    Which tent? The Argos leaks like a sieve one?

    I bet he dos'nt get the wonga for it.

  9. Gary

    Gary Guest

    The aution was won by a group of students who clubed together for the
    novelty value of the tent and the ebay listing. All mony is going to
    Charity.

    If you look further back on the newsgroup I was the original poster at the
    start of the bidding.

    Gaz

    "Michael Hobby" <michael@henllan3959.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Auction has just ended at £360 with over 53000 hits on the listing!

  10. Bryan Hall

    Bryan Hall Guest

    .....and thanks for the tip off - there's quite a few had their day
    brightened by this one