Tentative WTB: newish 8 speed 26" wheel, $ 150, Melb metro, will pick

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Fred Nieman, Apr 24, 2003.

  1. Fred Nieman

    Fred Nieman Guest

    Heya a.b all,

    Wanted To Buy : new-ish 8 speed 26" wheel - $ 150-ish, Melbourne metro area. Hopefully 1 inch (ie:
    25.4cm) cross-section width, eyeleted. I'll pay more for wheel with a newish ~13 to ~21
    (Shimano-oid) cluster (up to $ 200 or so.)

    Will cycle/car out Melb metro ~50 km to inspect and probably buy.

    Email the NG and/or me.

    Mass on, cycle dues

    pppp

    Tags:

  2. Fred Nieman

    Fred Nieman Guest

    > Mass on, cycle dues

    What I meant was, Mass on, cycle dudes And dudettes!

    ppp

  3. Markforsyth

    Markforsyth Guest

  4. Fred Nieman

    Fred Nieman Guest

    Apologies, mate, but Hotmail has done some sort of weird clean-out this week (for Greek Easter
    maybe?) and your (and a whole lotta other emails) message has gone missing. Can U send it again?

    oo-roo x 2 x 2

    "Mark(desalinate for e-mail)Forsyth" wrote:

    > On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:56:57 +1000, Fred Nieman <[email protected]> gushed forth:
    >
    > [deletia]
    > >
    > >Email the NG and/or me.
    >
    > CHeck your hotmail e-mail.
    >
    > --
    > Ooroo Mark F...
    >
    > Another Optus Cable Traffic Monitor. http://www.members.optushome.com.au/forsythm/traff/
    >
    > Today is Sweetmorn, the 43rd day of Discord in the YOLD 3169

  5. Markforsyth

    Markforsyth Guest

    On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 00:17:45 +1000, Fred Nieman <[email protected]> gushed forth:

    >Apologies, mate, but Hotmail has done some sort of weird clean-out this week (for Greek Easter
    >maybe?) and your (and a whole lotta other emails) message has gone missing. Can U send it again?

    Resent to hotmail...:)

    --
    Ooroo Mark F...

    Another Optus Cable Traffic Monitor. http://www.members.optushome.com.au/forsythm/traff/

    Today is Boomtime, the 44th day of Discord in the YOLD 3169

  6. Twisties

    Twisties New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2003
    u no, u could get a huffy or sumthin like that for t $150 at kmart or BIG W. probably not as good as what u can get here but worth look if u can b bothered:)

  7. Fred Nieman

    Fred Nieman Guest

    Twisties wrote:

    > u no, u could get a huffy or sumthin like that for t $150 at kmart or BIG W. probably not as good
    > as what u can get here but worth look if u can b bothered:)

    Hi, mum - look at me, I'm answering a troll message.

    Oh yeah - as I <truth> browsed K-Mart for dorky work clothes </truth> and <even sadder but still
    true> novelty spoke reflectors </even sadder but still true>, I have <falsehood> often considered
    buying one of those neato Huffy Full Suspension MTBs </falsehood>.

    Hey! $US 150 is about AUD 280! I could buy me one of them! I could also smear myself with fresh
    dog-shit before social functions, drill holes in my head with a sharpened butter knife, or (h3-He,
    tHiS Iz Th3 FuNnIeSt, dAwG) give up cycling completely.

    Ooops, forgot the <sarcastic></sarcastic> tags.

    Your mother darns socks in Hell, Twisties.

    ppp

    ps: Sorry about the last bit. I hope your mum is hale and healthy, and rides a bike that has QR
    skewers instead of axle bolts, a cartridge bottom bracket, and alloy rims.