Teny Rim wheels - UK stockists?

electricdave

May 18, 2007
Hi there

Has anyone ever heard of Teny Rim mtb wheels?

Bicycle_Wheel_Rim.jpg

I use my Diamondback X-link Sport as an all-weather commuting bike, and I really want to get a set of these wheels after seeing them on another bike. I spent 3 days on the internet hunting them down, and eventually found the website of the Taiwanese company that makes them;

http://www.tenyrim.com.tw/

However, I can't find any indication of prices or UK stockists or distributors on the website. I emailed Teny Rim direct, but had no response yet. This guy with the other bike had to have got them from somewhere - (he was riding a Harlem Yankee Superbike, don't know if they're standard on that model, as I couldn't find their website either!)

Has anybody heard of these wheels and knows how much they cost and where to get them in th UK?

Thanks in advance!

By the way, this is my nike. A 2007 specialized rockhopper disc. As you may notice I am missing my front disc, I am waiting on a new one as the bike shop only had one in stock and I put it on the rear. I have carbon fiber handlebars, stem, bar ends, seatpost, seat, and water bottle cage. I'm rolling on Michelin country mud tyres and have just replaced the two rear cages with carbon water cages which aren't shown in the picture.

Cheers!

Chris

Dude, you are a star!

I had totally given up on this thread!

Nice bike :)

Are they much lighter than bog-standard spoked wheels?

They are heavier than spoked wheels, but they hold up better in a rocky enviroment. I just dropped off my bike earlier at the shoppe. I am having the entire drivetrain changed out to Shimano XTR top of the line components. Should be ready in about 2 weeks.

Kind Regards

electricdave said:
Dude, you are a star!

I had totally given up on this thread!

Nice bike :)

Are they much lighter than bog-standard spoked wheels?

Wow they do look great, good to hear their tuff too.
Shame no one in the UK or even Europe are selling them, did it take long to come from Taiwan?

Any one else got anything to say about them? Would be nice to know how electricdave got on with them.

I have found a UK stockist on ebay. Ordered 2 pairs of him, one Black, 1 White got them within 2 days. On ebay search for 26 mountain bike mag wheel.

Went for a 10 mile ride on them to test them, they feel great, don't actually feel heavier than my normal alloy rims, jumped of a few pavements done some wheelies, all seems well. When the weather clears up, I will take some pictures, my 21 speed Halfords bikes are not quite as nice as the one above, but the wheels do make them look likle their worth a lot more, the White wheels especially turned a few heads.:p

The same guy also has some top end Mountain bikes for sale with mags preinstalled.

This is my latest dumpster restoration project these wheels have almost 10k kms on them now mind you no off road or curb jumping but no problems what so ever they are a little heavy but then with me at 6'6" AND 265lbs i dont really notice i can recomend them
IMG_0935_2.jpg

My friend just bought a pair thanks to you. I place Michelins 26x2.5 wild Grippers in Red, I love it. heres how it looks

Hello, I totally LOVE your bike. My company, Teny Rims, Inc. are bringing Teny Rims to the US. I would LOVE to post photos of your bike on our page. Let me know if that's OK with you. Great Job.

Thats ok with me, Im from Mexico City, I can distribute them here if you like. leave another pic.

I have these wheels on my mountain bike and think they are great. My only issue is one of the bearings is starting to fail, I have no idea how to get the bearing out as it seems to have the threaded hub rod pressed into it. If anyone has replaced a set of bearings on these wheels I would be appreciative if you could advice how it's done.

I can build bikes but I'm not that great with bearings and chain. One thing I do know is the replacment bearings for these wheels are called: 6000 or you can get 6200. Can cost you about £2.50 to replace or £8.00 for top of the range. Just Google and you will see many results and places to buy these bearings. I believe a mo grip or vice would be needed in order to remove the bearings.

I purchased a 6200 bearing, then popped out the axle and noticed there is a 6200 on one side and a 6000 on the other. I replaced the 6200 and am still getting the noise so hopefully the 6000 will arrive on Friday and I'll be noise free. Many thanks for your help.

I have now replaced the two bearing and I am still getting a noise, I suspect it is the freehub causing a problem. Does anybody know how to service or replace this part and what tools are required, as I am totally in the dark here and can't get any information on the web.

Sadly I don't know how to change free wheel hub, my wheels are still going strong. Sold the Halfords bike with white rim, now have a Montague SAS Bike, with black mags, have done around 3000miles on them inculding London - Brighton and some other smaller charity bike ride, all is great. They are actually quite fast, good for going uphills as well.

Anyone else out there with these rims, anyone fancy doing a bike ride like the London - Brighton would look heavy to see 4, 5 or more of these wiz past.

Hey bigjohn. did you ever get these serviced to be noise free? i'm having the same problem with mine and want to know before i shell out myself. i have had a stab at repairing but the noise remains. im starting to wonder if its actually the welds that are creaking.

i have gone through 3 of these wheels in 3 months and asked for my money back (not a whisper!). im convinced these wheels are dodgy and should not be trusted. i am giving mine away to the first non weirdo on gumtree. sure they look cool, and yes they do maintain frightning momentum, but they are heavy, badly made (bobbly paint job is actually bobbly aluminium underneath!) and the returns period should tell you something. 1 month isnt enough time to know if these will fail on you.

dont touch them with a barge poll and save your earth money. there are much cooler looking and lighter, not to mention trustworthy, mage on the market.

You've been warned.