Terminaly ill end to ender

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Bob Watkinson, Apr 11, 2003.

  1. Anybody know how that woman is doing on the End to End. All I know about her is that she's terminaly
    ill and had raised megga bucks for charity. I saw her ride through Blairgowrie on a rather snazzy
    looking tandem.

    > Anybody know how that woman is doing on the End to End. All I know about her is that she's
    > terminaly ill and had raised megga bucks for charity. I saw her ride through Blairgowrie on a
    > rather snazzy looking tandem.

    See my earlier post: End to end. She is due to finish today.

    Colin

  3. Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > Anybody know how that woman is doing on the End to End. All I know about her is that she's
    > > terminaly ill and had raised megga bucks for charity. I saw her ride through Blairgowrie on a
    > > rather snazzy looking tandem.
    > >

    > See my earlier post: End to end. She is due to finish today.

    A feature is also promised on BBC Look North this evening, as there's some local interest in the
    attempt (she's from Leeds).

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

  4. In article <[email protected]>, deb107 [email protected] says...
    > Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Anybody know how that woman is doing on the End to End. All I know about her is that she's
    > > > terminaly ill and had raised megga bucks for charity. I saw her ride through Blairgowrie on a
    > > > rather snazzy looking tandem.
    > > >

    > > See my earlier post: End to end. She is due to finish today.
    > >

    > A feature is also promised on BBC Look North this evening, as there's some local interest in the
    > attempt (she's from Leeds).

    They finished...

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/2940471.stm

    And the bloke she cycled with is doing the marathon on Sunday!

    Colin

  5. Pauline

    Pauline Guest

    > In article <[email protected]>, deb107 [email protected] says...
    > > Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    I saw

    > > > See my earlier post: End to end. She is due to finish today.
    > > >

    > > A feature is also promised on BBC Look North this evening, as there's some local interest in the
    > > attempt (she's from Leeds).
    >
    > They finished...
    >
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/2940471.stm
    >
    > And the bloke she cycled with is doing the marathon on Sunday!
    >
    > Colin

    She did the marathon on Sunday too in under 6 hours!

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/2944801.stm

  6. Si Davies

    Si Davies Guest

    "Pauline" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > about her
    > I saw
    > > > A feature is also promised on BBC Look North this evening, as there's some local interest in
    > > > the attempt (she's from Leeds).
    > > They finished... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/2940471.stm And the bloke she
    > > cycled with is doing the marathon on Sunday! Colin
    > She did the marathon on Sunday too in under 6 hours!
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/2944801.stm

    yep, saw her interviewed on the beeb before she started - end to end, one days rest and then a
    marathon - not bad going eh?

  7. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Si Davies" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > about her
    > charity.
    > > I saw
    > > > They finished... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/2940471.stm And the bloke
    > > > she cycled with is doing the marathon on Sunday! Colin
    > > She did the marathon on Sunday too in under 6 hours!
    > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/2944801.stm
    > >

    > yep, saw her interviewed on the beeb before she started - end to end, one days rest and then a
    > marathon - not bad going eh?

    Bloody marvellous !!.. I found the days in the saddle for the end to end removed all my
    resilience to the high impact effects of running. So, when I went for a mere 12 mile run (my
    usual distance) a couple of days after returning from the end to end, I was totally knackered the
    next day. Massive lactic acid pain in leg muscles and worrying lower back pain. Took 3 days to
    recover. It only occured to me afterwards that for the best part of three weeks I hadn't done any
    high impact exercise whatsoever. I hope she didn't suffer too much following the marathon.
    Inspirational !! Dave.