General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Terra Nova - "Solar Minor" just seems wrong !

Started by Phil · · Last activity · 3 posts · 791 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
19 April 2004
Last activity
21 April 2004
Original author
Phil
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
791
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I bought one of these last year - fantastic for backpacking,
    very light etc..BUT I think I may have a "dud", the
    construction/assembly just seems wrong.

    In particular, the flysheet - the side that is opposite to
    the zipped entrance -has an elastic black loop for hooking
    onto the inner tent. BUT there is no hook on the inner tent
    in this position. It also seems to me that there should be a
    guy-rope here and there isn't.....have I got a dud ???

    It just seems all wrong.....

    --
    Phil

  2. Phil said:

    In particular, the flysheet - the side that is opposite
    to the zipped entrance -has an elastic black loop for
    hooking onto the inner tent. BUT there is no hook on the
    inner tent in this position. It also seems to me that
    there should be a guy-rope here and there isn't.....have
    I got a dud ???

    You're probably best taking this up with Terra Nova, who
    should have more idea of how their products should be than
    anyone else...

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch University of Dundee Tel 44 1382 660111 ext.
    33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital Fax 44 1382 640177
    Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK net [email hidden]
    dundee.ac.uk~pjclinch

  3. Hi Phil, I just brought a solar minor a couple of days ago, and tried it out
    for the first time last night. I also noticed what you were saying about the
    loop at the back. I pegged it out but looking at the manual I think that its
    actually the black webbing tab described in section 11 in the instructions,
    and terra nova have added a shock cord loop to it. so I think that its meant
    to be left unpegged unless it is blowing about and then you are supposed to
    use a length of shock cord to connect it to the rear guide line peg. I guess
    its to save more weight by using less pegs, but I did end up using the front
    and side guide line pegs twice with mine.
    "Phil" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I bought one of these last year - fantastic for
    backpacking, very light etc..BUT I think I may have a
    "dud", the construction/assembly just seems wrong.

    In particular, the flysheet - the side that is opposite
    to the zipped entrance -has an elastic black loop for
    hooking onto the inner tent. BUT there is no hook on the
    inner tent in this position. It also seems to me that
    there should be a guy-rope here and there isn't.....have
    I got a dud ???

    It just seems all wrong.....

    --
    Phil

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.