Tesco camping gear?

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:25:12 +0000 (UTC), "Ian Dainty"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Paul Cummings" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>
>> I think you need to be very clear which Paul you mean here. There are quite
>> a number of us on this newsgroup.
>>
>> Have fun,
>> Paul

>The idiot one. The uncool Paul. The guy with the head.
>
>Ian.

That'll be Paul S then!

--

Paul

(Watch this space)

"Paul Rooney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 23:30:41 GMT, "Joe Bloggs" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >I looked at getting one of those armchairs. Complete with beer holder

built
> >in the arm, it looked ideal for lazy summer days. Then I read the box -
> >IIRC it said max weight was 80Kgs. At nearer 100Kgs (ye gods that's

1/10th
> >of a tonne!!), I'll stick to something more substantial!!
> >
> >Dave
> >

> It would *never* occur to me to check the max. weight of a chair!
> 100Kg? You fat bast*rd!
>
> The cup holder is a bit small - it wouldn't hold a pint, though it
> will no doubt hold a bottle of Becks. I might check later if I'm still
> standing.
>
> --

I already have a chair like the Tesco ones, despite the 100kg max weight it
holds my 16+ stone frame quite well. The cup holder takes cans, beer bottles
and small wine bottles and straight pint glasses.
And no, I'm not tempted by the cheapo tents, just maybe the blankets.

Nick

Bitstring <[email protected]>, from the wonderful person
Nick Pedley <[email protected]> said
<snip>
>I already have a chair like the Tesco ones, despite the 100kg max weight it
>holds my 16+ stone frame quite well. The cup holder takes cans, beer bottles
>and small wine bottles and straight pint glasses.
>And no, I'm not tempted by the cheapo tents, just maybe the blankets.

I assume the '100Kg max weight' includes some element of 'arriving in it
with considerable speed/force'. Under static load (i.e. if you sit down
=carefully=) it should do much better. There is also the usual
'over-designed by 50%' effect, unless someone was using the latest CAD
tools.

--
GSV Three Minds in a Can

In message <[email protected]>,
Ian Dainty <[email protected]> writes
>"Paul Cummings" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>
>> I think you need to be very clear which Paul you mean here. There are quite
>> a number of us on this newsgroup.
>>
>> Have fun,
>> Paul

>The idiot one. The uncool Paul. The guy with the head.

Is that the three of them defined?

--
Martin Richardson
239/284 Munros - 15% to go 34/34 'Furths' & 439/439 Nuttalls - 0% to go

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 18:30:51 +0100, Martin Richardson
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In message <[email protected]>,
>Ian Dainty <[email protected]> writes
>>"Paul Cummings" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]
>>
>>> I think you need to be very clear which Paul you mean here. There are quite
>>> a number of us on this newsgroup.
>>>
>>> Have fun,
>>> Paul

>>The idiot one. The uncool Paul. The guy with the head.
>>

>Is that the three of them defined?

Ha ha ha! I like it.

--

Paul

(Watch this space)

Ian Dainty wrote:

> I'm considering
> signing up for one of Mr Blairs Exceedingly good benefits packages.

;-)

Bernie

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 12:55:39 +0000 (UTC), "Ian Dainty"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>*stands back in mute admiration*

I prefer the vocal sort.

>Ah Stella! A truly wonderful companian. All that you need really.

Almost all.

>Work *IS* an inconvenience and best avoided I agree.

I'm intending to make it a bit more of a pleasure - going to work in
the Dales after my hols. Should be interesting.

> I'm considering
>signing up for one of Mr Blairs Exceedingly good benefits packages.
>
>Dole not coal regards,

Coal was dirty and horrible. You'd be much wiser drawing dole.

--

Paul

(Watch this space)

Joe Bloggs wrote:

> I looked at getting one of those armchairs. Complete with beer holder built
> in the arm, it looked ideal for lazy summer days. Then I read the box -
> IIRC it said max weight was 80Kgs. At nearer 100Kgs (ye gods that's 1/10th
> of a tonne!!), I'll stick to something more substantial!!
>
> Dave

lightweight!

In article <[email protected]>, Joe Bloggs
<[email protected]> writes
>I looked at getting one of those armchairs. Complete with beer holder built
>in the arm, it looked ideal for lazy summer days. Then I read the box -
>IIRC it said max weight was 80Kgs. At nearer 100Kgs (ye gods that's 1/10th
>of a tonne!!), I'll stick to something more substantial!!

A can of "Old Speckled Hen" won't fit the hole in the arm :-(

Small bottles of lager will though.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk