Test: Bean Sprouts

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by L'Espérance, Feb 7, 2006.

  1. OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

    > I might have to go ahead and try bean sprouts again.
    > I have some old mung beans in a jar in the pantry.
    >
    > They are probably 5 or 6 years old but should be ok since they were
    > stored in the dark and air tight.

    Beans thousands of years old found in archeological digs in the Middle East
    have been sprouted...you should have no problem ;-)

    --
    Best
    Greg

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Gregory Morrow"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    >
    > > I might have to go ahead and try bean sprouts again.
    > > I have some old mung beans in a jar in the pantry.
    > >
    > > They are probably 5 or 6 years old but should be ok since they were
    > > stored in the dark and air tight.

    > Beans thousands of years old found in archeological digs in the Middle East
    > have been sprouted...you should have no problem ;-)

    That's what I figure... :)

    I had some giant red beans I'd been trying to grow in the garden, but
    the yield has been poor. They were sent to me by a friend. They are a
    few generations down from some that were planted by a team of college
    students that removed them from an Aztec archeological site. I don't
    remember there exact age. I used to have the typed up file on them that
    came with them, but lost it in a hard drive crash...

    I don't have any more of the beans. The last batch I planted did not
    produce any. Just long vines and pretty red flowers.
    --
    Peace, Om.