Test/Deca - First timer

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Mark Downing, Nov 23, 2005.

  1. Mark Downing

    Mark Downing Guest

    Hey guys,

    It's been a while since I've posted here and was hoping this might be the
    best place to get a second opinion. Here's the story:

    I'm 44 in pretty good shape, lift weights regulary, but have been feeling a
    little run down lately and have not been performing in the bedroom as well
    as I'd like. My oldest daughter recommended that I go to the doctor that
    she works for and talk to him about testosterone therapy. [The doctor that
    she works for specializes in this sort of thing.]

    Anyway... they do a blood work-up on me and my testosterone was a little low
    [Don't remember the numbers] and my PSA levels were good, so he prescribed a
    cycle of 10 weeks of 200mg test per week and then 10 weeks 200mg Deca per
    week followed by 10 days of something [Can't remember the drug's name.] to
    boost my own test level back up and keep my balls from shrinking. All for
    $450.

    I'm worried about a few things:

    He said this would increase libido. I hope this is true. He said I
    wouldn't need an aramatase [sic?] inhibitor. He said that my own levels of
    test would be back up to normal quickly witht he last drug and that they may
    indeed stay elevated, because my body might just get used to the extra test
    and my own production might increase on its own. True.

    Should I consider ramping up my weight lifting and calorie/protein intake
    during this period? Anything that I should do and or consider. I have done
    some sporadic reading on this subject, but I admit I am pretty uneducated
    about this whole thing. The doctor seems like he knows what he's talking
    about, but you never know. I've read some negative stuff about Deca and
    it's effects on your libido.

    Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post and if I asked some dumb
    questions. Any advice from some of you folks who know a thing or two in
    this area would be greatly appreciated.

    Tags:

  2. John

    John Guest

    "Mark Downing" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hey guys,
    >
    > It's been a while since I've posted here and was hoping this might be the
    > best place to get a second opinion. Here's the story:
    >
    > I'm 44 in pretty good shape, lift weights regulary, but have been feeling

    > little run down lately and have not been performing in the bedroom as well
    > as I'd like. My oldest daughter recommended that I go to the doctor that
    > she works for and talk to him about testosterone therapy. [The doctor

    that
    > she works for specializes in this sort of thing.]
    >
    > Anyway... they do a blood work-up on me and my testosterone was a little

    low
    > [Don't remember the numbers] and my PSA levels were good, so he prescribed

    > cycle of 10 weeks of 200mg test per week and then 10 weeks 200mg Deca per
    > week followed by 10 days of something [Can't remember the drug's name.] to
    > boost my own test level back up and keep my balls from shrinking. All for
    > $450.

    Clomid? It'll help your nutz get back to normal after shrinking, not to
    prevent it, since your taking it after your cycle. Ever hear of "Deca Dick"?
    Did your doc mention anything about liver protectants? Anything about having
    Nolvadex on hand in case gyno symptoms appear?

    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catteste.htm
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catdeca.htm

    > I'm worried about a few things:
    >
    > He said this would increase libido. I hope this is true. He said I
    > wouldn't need an aramatase [sic?] inhibitor. He said that my own levels

    of
    > test would be back up to normal quickly witht he last drug and that they

    may
    > indeed stay elevated, because my body might just get used to the extra

    test
    > and my own production might increase on its own. True.

    HCG?

    > Should I consider ramping up my weight lifting and calorie/protein intake
    > during this period? Anything that I should do and or consider. I have

    done
    > some sporadic reading on this subject, but I admit I am pretty uneducated
    > about this whole thing. The doctor seems like he knows what he's talking
    > about, but you never know. I've read some negative stuff about Deca and
    > it's effects on your libido.

    Hell yeah!!! Kick it up and take advantage of a script to run gear. Try to
    not take liquid protein (I'm sure a few trolls will respond to that). It'll
    look a lot worse coming out than going in.

    > Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post and if I asked some dumb
    > questions. Any advice from some of you folks who know a thing or two in
    > this area would be greatly appreciated.

  3. FitnessCrazy

    FitnessCrazy Guest

    Hey man,
    You know, I found a really good site called fitnessgold.co.uk and they
    sell loads of stuff for sexual performance that don't have the
    side-effects of test/deca! If you give them a call or email them about
    the situation they'll easily come up with suggestions - I went to them
    a few months ago - awesome company! Give them a try anyways...good luck

  4. David

    David Guest

    "FitnessCrazy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hey man,
    > You know, I found a really good site called fitnessgold.co.uk and they
    > sell loads of stuff for sexual performance that don't have the
    > side-effects of test/deca! If you give them a call or email them about
    > the situation they'll easily come up with suggestions - I went to them
    > a few months ago - awesome company! Give them a try anyways...good luck

    Hey man,
    Are you a piece of shit spammer?

  5. Spodosaurus

    Spodosaurus Guest

    On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 07:35:53 GMT, "John"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > they do a blood work-up on me and my testosterone was a little
    >low

    That's because your balls are size of raisains.

    Spodosaurus
    ------------
    I'm going to die rather sooner than I'd like. I tried butt sex from my
    neighbours, and became the victim of AIDS. Complications in
    hospital following this resulted in full blown (pun intended) AIDS. I now need a boner
    transplant. Many people around the world are waiting for a boner
    transplant, too. Please volunteer to be a boner donor:
    http://www.IGotAidsFromButSex.org.

  6. Spodosaurus

    Spodosaurus Guest

    On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 19:24:00 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Hey man,
    >Are you a piece of shit spammer?

    Yes he iis.

    Spodosaurus
    ------------
    I'm going to die rather sooner than I'd like. I tried butt sex from my
    neighbours, and became the victim of AIDS. Complications in
    hospital following this resulted in full blown (pun intended) AIDS. I now need a boner
    transplant. Many people around the world are waiting for a boner
    transplant, too. Please volunteer to be a boner donor:
    http://www.IGotAidsFromButSex.org.

  7. Mad Dog

    Mad Dog Guest

    Thanks for the links. I just got the testosterone and it is testosterone
    cypionate.

  8. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    Mark Downing wrote:
    > Hey guys,
    >
    > It's been a while since I've posted here and was hoping this might be the
    > best place to get a second opinion. Here's the story:
    >
    > I'm 44 in pretty good shape, lift weights regulary, but have been feeling a
    > little run down lately and have not been performing in the bedroom as well
    > as I'd like. My oldest daughter recommended that I go to the doctor that
    > she works for and talk to him about testosterone therapy. [The doctor that
    > she works for specializes in this sort of thing.]

    You give your kids intimate details about your sex life?

    > Anyway... they do a blood work-up on me and my testosterone was a little low
    > [Don't remember the numbers] and my PSA levels were good, so he prescribed a
    > cycle of 10 weeks of 200mg test per week and then 10 weeks 200mg Deca per
    > week followed by 10 days of something [Can't remember the drug's name.] to
    > boost my own test level back up and keep my balls from shrinking. All for
    > $450.

    I don't belive a word of what you're typing. One, deca when used alone
    can give you erection problems. Two, the dosages you're asking about are
    not hormone replacement therapy dosages, they're sports enhancement
    dosages. Three, deca will shut down your testosterone production. How
    can we address your questions when you start off with lies?

    > I'm worried about a few things:
    >
    > He said this would increase libido. I hope this is true. He said I
    > wouldn't need an aramatase [sic?] inhibitor. He said that my own levels of
    > test would be back up to normal quickly witht he last drug and that they may
    > indeed stay elevated, because my body might just get used to the extra test
    > and my own production might increase on its own. True.

    False.

    > Should I consider ramping up my weight lifting and calorie/protein intake
    > during this period?

    Ahhh, now we're starting to get to the truth.

    > Anything that I should do and or consider.

    Telling the truth or finding a real doctor. What you've described does
    not add up. Either that, or the doctor you went to assumed you wanted
    drugs for bodybuilding and only made up the sexual dysfunction story as
    a cover.

    > I have done
    > some sporadic reading on this subject, but I admit I am pretty uneducated
    > about this whole thing. The doctor seems like he knows what he's talking
    > about, but you never know. I've read some negative stuff about Deca and
    > it's effects on your libido.
    >
    > Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post and if I asked some dumb
    > questions. Any advice from some of you folks who know a thing or two in
    > this area would be greatly appreciated.

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

  9. John

    John Guest

  10. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    John wrote:
    > "Mark Downing" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Hey guys,
    >>
    >>It's been a while since I've posted here and was hoping this might be the
    >>best place to get a second opinion. Here's the story:
    >>
    >>I'm 44 in pretty good shape, lift weights regulary, but have been feeling

    >>little run down lately and have not been performing in the bedroom as well
    >>as I'd like. My oldest daughter recommended that I go to the doctor that
    >>she works for and talk to him about testosterone therapy. [The doctor

    > that
    >
    >>she works for specializes in this sort of thing.]
    >>
    >>Anyway... they do a blood work-up on me and my testosterone was a little

    > low
    >
    >>[Don't remember the numbers] and my PSA levels were good, so he prescribed

    >>cycle of 10 weeks of 200mg test per week and then 10 weeks 200mg Deca per
    >>week followed by 10 days of something [Can't remember the drug's name.] to
    >>boost my own test level back up and keep my balls from shrinking. All for
    >>$450.

    > Clomid? It'll help your nutz get back to normal after shrinking, not to
    > prevent it, since your taking it after your cycle. Ever hear of "Deca Dick"?
    > Did your doc mention anything about liver protectants?

    Liver function really isn't an issue unless he's taking orals at those
    dosages almost daily, IIRC. I need to do some research and check about
    higher levels of deca + test (both injectable) and liver function. The
    problems I'm having are more likely due to having serious iron stores in
    my liver, but I want to be sure the steroids that are keeping my marrow
    working aren't hurting my already over stressed liver at the dosages I'm on.

    Cheers,

    Ari

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

  11. John

    John Guest

    "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote in message
    news:43861[email protected]
    > John wrote:
    > > "Mark Downing" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > >>Hey guys,
    > >>
    > >>It's been a while since I've posted here and was hoping this might be

    the
    > >>best place to get a second opinion. Here's the story:
    > >>
    > >>I'm 44 in pretty good shape, lift weights regulary, but have been

    feeling

    > >>little run down lately and have not been performing in the bedroom as

    well
    > >>as I'd like. My oldest daughter recommended that I go to the doctor

    that
    > >>she works for and talk to him about testosterone therapy. [The doctor

    > > that
    > >
    > >>she works for specializes in this sort of thing.]
    > >>
    > >>Anyway... they do a blood work-up on me and my testosterone was a little

    > > low
    > >
    > >>[Don't remember the numbers] and my PSA levels were good, so he

    prescribed

    > >>cycle of 10 weeks of 200mg test per week and then 10 weeks 200mg Deca

    per
    > >>week followed by 10 days of something [Can't remember the drug's name.]

    > >>boost my own test level back up and keep my balls from shrinking. All

    for
    > >>$450.

    > > Clomid? It'll help your nutz get back to normal after shrinking, not to
    > > prevent it, since your taking it after your cycle. Ever hear of "Deca

    Dick"?
    > > Did your doc mention anything about liver protectants?

    > Liver function really isn't an issue unless he's taking orals at those
    > dosages almost daily, IIRC. I need to do some research and check about
    > higher levels of deca + test (both injectable) and liver function. The
    > problems I'm having are more likely due to having serious iron stores in
    > my liver, but I want to be sure the steroids that are keeping my marrow
    > working aren't hurting my already over stressed liver at the dosages I'm

    on.

    It probably wouldn't hurt you to take 600 mg milk thistle and 1000 mg NAC
    ed.

  12. Joe Humble

    Joe Humble Guest

    On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 18:32:49 -0600, "Mark Downing"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hey guys,
    >
    >It's been a while since I've posted here and was hoping this might be the
    >best place to get a second opinion. Here's the story:
    >
    >I'm 44 in pretty good shape, lift weights regulary, but have been feeling a
    >little run down lately and have not been performing in the bedroom as well
    >as I'd like. My oldest daughter recommended that I go to the doctor that
    >she works for and talk to him about testosterone therapy. [The doctor that
    >she works for specializes in this sort of thing.]
    >
    >Anyway... they do a blood work-up on me and my testosterone was a little low
    >[Don't remember the numbers] and my PSA levels were good, so he prescribed a
    >cycle of 10 weeks of 200mg test per week and then 10 weeks 200mg Deca per
    >week followed by 10 days of something [Can't remember the drug's name.] to
    >boost my own test level back up and keep my balls from shrinking. All for
    >$450.
    >
    >I'm worried about a few things:
    >
    >He said this would increase libido. I hope this is true. He said I
    >wouldn't need an aramatase [sic?] inhibitor. He said that my own levels of
    >test would be back up to normal quickly witht he last drug and that they may
    >indeed stay elevated, because my body might just get used to the extra test
    >and my own production might increase on its own. True.
    >
    >Should I consider ramping up my weight lifting and calorie/protein intake
    >during this period? Anything that I should do and or consider. I have done
    >some sporadic reading on this subject, but I admit I am pretty uneducated
    >about this whole thing. The doctor seems like he knows what he's talking
    >about, but you never know. I've read some negative stuff about Deca and
    >it's effects on your libido.
    >
    >Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post and if I asked some dumb
    >questions. Any advice from some of you folks who know a thing or two in
    >this area would be greatly appreciated.

    What is the long term plan here? Keep you on steroids forever? If
    not then when you go off you're going to have even lower testosterone
    levels than when you started.

    --
    Is this thing on?