test - please ignore

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Maverick, Mar 6, 2005.

  1. Maverick

    Maverick Guest

    My connection to my newsgroup server went nuts earlier so I want to see if
    this gets sent once or multiple times.

    Bret

  2. Maverick

    Maverick Guest

    Thank god! The one that got posted 6 times was being sent by outlook
    express to my ISP's newsgroup service (corp.newsgroup.com) or whatever
    the hell the extra crap is at the bottom about being the biggest.

    Once I figured out that even though OE told me it didn't send the
    message and i popped up in the group when i did a refresh did I realize
    something was wrong. I think I have it figured out. It sent the
    message but got a failed response from corp.newsgroup.com so kept
    trying to resend it.

    Oh god! Please don't tell me I'm reduced to using Google for my
    newsgroup access!

    Bret

  3. On Sun 06 Mar 2005 08:24:31p, Maverick wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > Thank god! The one that got posted 6 times was being sent by outlook
    > express to my ISP's newsgroup service (corp.newsgroup.com) or whatever
    > the hell the extra crap is at the bottom about being the biggest.
    >
    > Once I figured out that even though OE told me it didn't send the
    > message and i popped up in the group when i did a refresh did I realize
    > something was wrong. I think I have it figured out. It sent the
    > message but got a failed response from corp.newsgroup.com so kept
    > trying to resend it.
    >
    > Oh god! Please don't tell me I'm reduced to using Google for my
    > newsgroup access!
    >
    > Bret

    I hope not. That would be a royal pain. Good luck.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright

    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974