Test - sorry in advance. I'm missing several NGs

In message <[email protected]>, James Hodson
<[email protected]> writes
>On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 22:33:52 +0100, chris French <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>But you are welcome to continue to enjoy your particular pleasures as you wish :)
>
>LOL. I read only text NGs so text.news.ntlworld.com is normally absolutely fine. It just suffered
>from a serious case of hiccoughs a few days ago.

If you do ever what to give it the heave ho, news.cis,dfn.de has never given me any problems at all.
--
Chris French, Leeds

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:29:02 +0100, chris French <[email protected]> wrote:

>>That 25Mb was just a regular XP update/install of whatever it was that seemed important at
>>the time.
>
>Indeed that is quite normal for me as well.
>
>It was the 25 *GB* you wrote in the original post that has some of us goggling.........

It got me giggling (not goggling) - albeit in a childlish and embarrassed fashion - when I
reread my post.

James

--
"Watch the kite, not where you're going!"

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:30:06 +0100, chris French <[email protected]> wrote:

>If you do ever what to give it the heave ho, news.cis,dfn.de has never given me any
>problems at all.

I'll bear that in mind.

--
"Watch the kite, not where you're going!"

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:30:06 +0100, contributor Chris French had scribed:
> If you do ever what to give it the heave ho, news.cis,dfn.de has never given me any
> problems at all.

Another news.cisdfn.de user, although it is accessible from all ISPs, remember one has to register
and agree to use a real (if only a no read throwaway) email address in ones posts.

Gary

--

The email address is for newsgroups purposes only and therefore unlikely to be read.

For contact via email use my real name with an underscore separator at the domain of CompuServe.

On Mon, 19 May 2003 16:57:03 +0100, Gary Knighton <[email protected]> wrote:

>Another news.cisdfn.de user

And another. I created a spamdump account on my domain. Every now and then I look at some of what
gets dropped in there - you'd be amazed at the number of things spamdump has signed up for and opted
into without my knowledge :)

I like the spamcop service as well.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

In news:[email protected], Just zis Guy, you know?
<[email protected]> typed:

> I like the spamcop service as well.

Not any more for me. I had what I guess was a genuine company inadvertently spamming that I
spamcopped. The company sent me a direct e-mail apologising for spamming me. Very nice of them but
how did they get my e-mail address off the spamcop report? I asked the question of spamcop and the
answer I got left me with the opinion spamcopping spammers is about as safe as clicking the remove
offer on the spam

Tony

--
http://www.raven-family.com

news:<[email protected]>...

> And another. I created a spamdump account on my domain. Every now and then I look at some of what
> gets dropped in there - you'd be amazed at the number of things spamdump has signed up for and
> opted into without my knowledge :)

No I wouldn't. :)

--
Dave...

On Tue, 20 May 2003 17:18:48 +0100, "Tony Raven" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Not any more for me. I had what I guess was a genuine company inadvertently spamming that I
>spamcopped. The company sent me a direct e-mail apologising for spamming me. Very nice of them but
>how did they get my e-mail address off the spamcop report? I asked the question of spamcop and the
>answer I got left me with the opinion spamcopping spammers is about as safe as clicking the remove
>offer on the spam

I don't report them, having conducted Clinical Trials which led to the same conclusion, but they do
filter the sh*te out - about 1/3 of spam sent to my domain gets bounced at my server through DNS
blacklisting (yes, I know, but there's other ways of getting hold of me), 1/3 gets filtered by
spamcop, and half the balance gets detected by SpamKiller on the PC.

If only the bandwidth-thieving filth-peddling bastards could be subjected to a proportional
punishment, like being drowned in liquid cow manure, maybe none of this would be necessary.

Note to self: Sign Ralsky up for some more Readers Digest offers...

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

On Mon, 19 May 2003 19:27:10 +0100, contributor You know? Just zis Guy had scribed:
> And another. I created a spamdump account on my domain. Every now and then I look at some of what
> gets dropped in there - you'd be amazed at the number of things spamdump has signed up for and
> opted into without my knowledge :)

sig and you'll get my real normal address without difficulty, even that has filters.

Gary

--

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Tue, 20 May 2003 17:18:48 +0100, "Tony Raven" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Not any more for me. I had what I guess was a genuine company inadvertently spamming that I
>> spamcopped. The company sent me a direct e-mail apologising for spamming me. Very nice of them
>> but how did they get my e-mail address off the spamcop report? I asked the question of spamcop
>> and the answer I got left me with the opinion spamcopping spammers is about as safe as clicking
>> the remove offer on the spam
>
> I don't report them, having conducted Clinical Trials which led to the same conclusion, but they
> do filter the sh*te out - about 1/3 of spam sent to my domain gets bounced at my server through
> DNS blacklisting (yes, I know, but there's other ways of getting hold of me), 1/3 gets filtered by
> spamcop, and half the balance gets detected by SpamKiller on the PC.
>
> If only the bandwidth-thieving filth-peddling bastards could be subjected to a proportional
> punishment, like being drowned in liquid cow manure, maybe none of this would be necessary.

In Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle's book Inferno, a modern equivalent of Dante's famous book,
advertising consultants were made to walk eternally in excrement and when ever one said one of their
slogans the excrement got deeper.

We can only hope for a worse fate for spammers.
--
Mark

On Wed, 21 May 2003 19:20:00 +0000 (UTC), "the Mark" <[email protected]> wrote:

>In Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle's book Inferno, a modern equivalent of Dante's famous book,
>advertising consultants were made to walk eternally in excrement and when ever one said one of
>their slogans the excrement got deeper.

This confirms my opinion that both Niven and Pournelle are Followers of Truth. I sometimes wish for
Gil Hamilton's arm when working on my bike...

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Wed, 21 May 2003 19:20:00 +0000 (UTC), "the Mark" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> In Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle's book Inferno, a modern equivalent of Dante's famous book,
>> advertising consultants were made to walk eternally in excrement and when ever one said one of
>> their slogans the excrement got deeper.
>
> This confirms my opinion that both Niven and Pournelle are Followers of Truth. I sometimes wish
> for Gil Hamilton's arm when working on my bike...
>
> Guy

It would be worth having your real one cut off. You could reach into cars and pull the keys out :)

--
Mark