Test Valley Tour

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by JohnB, Apr 12, 2005.

  1. JohnB

    JohnB Guest

    Is anyone here riding the Test Valley Tour this Sunday?

    Our MP Sir George Young Bt will be out on his tandem and there is
    apparently a cream tea for all finishers :)

    John B

    Tags:

  2. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    JohnB wrote:

    > Our MP Sir George Young Bt will be out on his tandem and there is
    > apparently a cream tea for all finishers :)

    A good opportunity to be seen not wearing a helmet?

    Tony

  3. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    JohnB wrote:

    > Is anyone here riding the Test Valley Tour this Sunday?

    Where does it go, John? apart from the Test valley, that is.

  4. JBB

    JBB Guest

    "JohnB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Is anyone here riding the Test Valley Tour this Sunday?
    >
    > Our MP Sir George Young Bt will be out on his tandem and there is
    > apparently a cream tea for all finishers :)
    >
    > John B

    Probably - as long as we manage to finish the anti-fouling on Saturday and
    the weather is not disgusting.

    Julia

  5. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    On 12/4/05 2:12 pm, in article [email protected], "JBB"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "JohnB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Is anyone here riding the Test Valley Tour this Sunday?
    >>
    >> Our MP Sir George Young Bt will be out on his tandem and there is
    >> apparently a cream tea for all finishers :)
    >>
    >> John B

    > Probably - as long as we manage to finish the anti-fouling on Saturday and
    > the weather is not disgusting.

    I would have got my little boat scrubbed on Saturday but was laid low with a
    virus. Had enough energy to plant out the onions and empty the compost bin
    onto the potato patch but still have a load of spuds to plant and a boat to
    scrub and repaint.

    ...d

  6. JohnB

    JohnB Guest

    Simonb wrote:

    > JohnB wrote:
    >
    > > Is anyone here riding the Test Valley Tour this Sunday?

    > Where does it go, John? apart from the Test valley, that is.

    It starts in Andover High Street (9-10.30) and heads southwards - that's
    as far as I know, but its gently rolling countryside - lots of pretty
    villages and quiet lanes. It really is a very pleasant area.
    There are three routes - 100, 50 and 20km.

    I'm looking forward to a trundle on the trice, even though its right on
    my doorstep (ducks from the Test visit my front door each morning for breakfast).

    John B

  7. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    JohnB wrote:

    > I'm looking forward to a trundle on the trice, even though its right
    > on my doorstep (ducks from the Test visit my front door each morning
    > for breakfast).

    I couldn't eat a whole duck for breakfast ;-)

    Tony

  8. JohnB

    JohnB Guest

    Tony Raven wrote:

    > JohnB wrote:
    > >
    > > Our MP Sir George Young Bt will be out on his tandem and there is
    > > apparently a cream tea for all finishers :)
    > >

    > A good opportunity to be seen not wearing a helmet?

    If Sir George isn't wearing one I'll see if I can get a piccie ;-)
    I suspect he will though, as its the heart of Annetts country.

    I definitely *won't* be wearing one.

    John B

  9. JohnB

    JohnB Guest

    Tony Raven wrote:

    > JohnB wrote:
    > >
    > > I'm looking forward to a trundle on the trice, even though its right
    > > on my doorstep (ducks from the Test visit my front door each morning
    > > for breakfast).
    > >

    > I couldn't eat a whole duck for breakfast ;-)

    The sweet cuddly furry ducklings will be along in a week or so ;-)
    A new batch turns up every Spring.
    Aaaah.
    I'm sure they'd be nice fried ;-)

    John B

  10. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    JohnB wrote:

    > The sweet cuddly furry ducklings will be along in a week or so ;-)
    > A new batch turns up every Spring.
    > Aaaah.
    > I'm sure they'd be nice fried ;-)

    Never did gell with the small bird concept of eating them bones an' all.

    Tony

  11. JohnB

    JohnB Guest

    JohnB wrote:

    > Is anyone here riding the Test Valley Tour this Sunday?
    >
    > Our MP Sir George Young Bt will be out on his tandem and there is
    > apparently a cream tea for all finishers :)

    Just found out that Sir George will not actually ride the course as he
    has to attend a baptism 10 miles away, an hour after the event starts.
    I hope he cycles there, then gets changes out of his lycra in the loo, but....

    John B

  12. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    JohnB wrote:
    > JohnB wrote:
    >
    >>Is anyone here riding the Test Valley Tour this Sunday?
    >>
    >>Our MP Sir George Young Bt will be out on his tandem and there is
    >>apparently a cream tea for all finishers :)

    > Just found out that Sir George will not actually ride the course as he
    > has to attend a baptism 10 miles away, an hour after the event starts.
    > I hope he cycles there, then gets changes out of his lycra in the loo, but....

    If you get the chance don't forget to remind him the baby should wear a
    life jacket if its going anywhere near water and a helmet in case they
    drop it. ;-)

    Tony