Testicle Size and Diet

Anonymous

Guest
activity and a vegetarian diet decreases (or can) decrease the size of your testicles and fertility,
does anyone know if there is any fact in this and if so, is there a nutritional aspect?

Anonymous wrote:

> activity and a vegetarian diet decreases (or can) decrease the size of your testicles and
> fertility, does anyone know if there is any fact in this and if so, is there a nutritional aspect?

Semen production requires a lot of zinc, which is often lacking in vegetarian diets. Also,
over-consumption of soy products can lead to feminizing since soy is rich in phyto-estrogens. There
are some studies on such effects of soy.

Rat pups, exposed to high doses of the plant estrogen coumestrol (found in sunflower seeds and
oil and alfalfa sprouts) through their mother's milk, suffered permanent reproductive problems:
female pups when grown did not ovulate, and males had altered mounting behavior and fewer
ejaculations (2). [Whitten, P., C. Lewis and F. Naftolin. 1993. A Phytoestrogen diet induces
the premature anovulatory syndrome in lactationally exposed female rats. Biology of
Reproduction 49:1117-21.]

Neonatal and immature rats exposed to coumestrol experienced estrogen-related responses, such
as premature estrous cycles. Coumestrol also interrupted ovarian cycles in adult female rats
(3).[Barrett, J. 1996. Phytoestrogens: Friends or Foes? Environmental Health Perspectives
104:478-82.]

Newborn rats exposed to the phytoestrogen genistein (a compound found in soy products),
experienced altered hormone secretions and the onset of puberty may have been delayed because
female rats were exposed to the compound as fetuses (3). [Ibid.]

“In males, levels of 17B-estradiol and testosterone were not affected, but levels of 3a, 17B-
androstanediol glucuronide (a metabolite of dihydrotestosterone) and dehydroepiandrosterone
sulfate were decreased by 13% and 14%, respectively, after 2-4 weeks of daily soya ingestion.”
[Supported by USPHS CA56273, CA65628, CA45181, John Sealy Memorial Endowment Fund for
Biomedical Research, American Institute for Cancer Research grant 95B119, and NIH NCRR GCRC
grant M01 RR00073]

All above lifted from: http://www.cheapbodybuildingsupplements.com/articles/soyestrogen.shtml

Additionally, see: http://www.t-mag.com/articles/185soy.html
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/satter6.htm

"usual suspect" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anonymous wrote:
> > I have read somewhere on the net that the combination of excessive

> > activity and a vegetarian diet decreases (or can) decrease the size of
your
> > testicles and fertility, does anyone know if there is any fact in this
and
> > if so, is there a nutritional aspect?
>
> Semen production requires a lot of zinc, which is often lacking in vegetarian diets. Also,
> over-consumption of soy products can lead to feminizing since soy is rich in phyto-estrogens.
> There are some studies on such effects of soy.
>
> Rat pups, exposed to high doses of the plant estrogen coumestrol (found in sunflower seeds
> and oil and alfalfa sprouts) through their mother's milk, suffered permanent reproductive
> problems: female pups when grown did not ovulate, and males had altered mounting behavior and
> fewer ejaculations (2). [Whitten, P., C. Lewis and F. Naftolin. 1993. A Phytoestrogen diet
> induces the premature anovulatory syndrome in lactationally exposed female rats. Biology of
> Reproduction 49:1117-21.]
>
> Neonatal and immature rats exposed to coumestrol experienced estrogen-related responses, such
> as premature estrous cycles. Coumestrol also interrupted ovarian cycles in adult female rats
> (3).[Barrett, J. 1996. Phytoestrogens: Friends or Foes? Environmental Health Perspectives
> 104:478-82.]
>
> Newborn rats exposed to the phytoestrogen genistein (a compound found in soy products),
> experienced altered hormone secretions and the onset of puberty may have been delayed because
> female rats were exposed to the compound as fetuses (3). [Ibid.]
>
> “In males, levels of 17B-estradiol and testosterone were not affected, but levels of 3a, 17B-
> androstanediol glucuronide (a metabolite of dihydrotestosterone) and dehydroepiandrosterone
> sulfate were decreased by 13% and 14%, respectively, after 2-4 weeks of daily soya
> ingestion.” [Supported by USPHS CA56273, CA65628, CA45181, John Sealy Memorial Endowment Fund
> for Biomedical Research, American Institute for Cancer Research grant 95B119, and NIH NCRR
> GCRC grant M01 RR00073]
>
> All above lifted from: http://www.cheapbodybuildingsupplements.com/articles/soyestrogen.shtml
>
> Additionally, see: http://www.t-mag.com/articles/185soy.html
> http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/satter6.htm

A load of bollocks:)

"usual suspect" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Aged Ray wrote:

> > A load of bollocks:)
>
> Okay, then, easier on the soy. I know you'll take what you can get at your age, especially after
> you take one of your little blue pills. Just follow it up with zinc supplements, wheat germ,
> and/or cashews.

http://www.solidrecords.com/Net_Vibes/Food_Connection/Nutrition_Center/zinc.html

No need for any of that **** US.

Three or four pints of best Yorkshire bitter and a strict vegetarian diet is all I need. Forget
about the age, 6' -1", 12 stone and I can still manage a 4mile run every day - weather permitting.
No hair loss and all my own teeth - more than ~~jonnie~~ can say.

Oh! one last thing - stress. It is imporatnt to rule stress from your life. I have never worked
more than 37hrs per week in my life. I have now cut this down to 30max. The only stress I have is
seeing how much tax I pay to keep all the social security dole scroungers and foreigners we have in
this country.

One last thing, perhaps the most important - cellphones. I have one, someone gave me it to me 4
years ago, it's resided in my car ever since. I detest the things. I keep it there in case of
emergency. I don't even know the number. I just pay the rental and keep the nicads charged. If I'm
at home or work I can be contacted, the rest of my life is 'My' personal time. Bugger all the stress
imposed by present day society, it's a serious health hazard.

I see little point in being the richest man in the graveyard.

"Anonymous" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> activity and a vegetarian diet decreases (or can) decrease the size of your testicles and
> fertility, does anyone know if there is any fact in this and if so, is there a nutritional aspect?

To note;

Br J Cancer 2000 Jul;83(1):95-7 Hormones and diet: low insulin-like growth factor-I but normal
bioavailable androgens in vegan men.

Allen NE, Appleby PN, Davey GK, Key TJ. Cancer Epidemiology Unit, Imperial Cancer Research Fund,
Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, UK.

Mean serum insulin-like growth factor-I [IGF-I] was 9% lower in 233 vegan men than in 226
meat-eaters and 237 vegetarians (P = 0.002). Vegans had higher testosterone levels than
vegetarians and meat-eaters,

were no differences between diet groups in free testosterone, androstanediol glucuronide or
luteinizing hormone.

PMID: 10883675

"usual suspect" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anonymous wrote:

> > activity and a vegetarian diet decreases (or can) decrease the size of your testicles and
> > fertility, does anyone know if there is any fact in this and if so, is there a nutritional
> > aspect?
>
> Semen production requires a lot of zinc, which is often lacking in vegetarian diets.

'An American study found that organically grown food contained much higher average levels of
minerals than non-organic food. For example, there was 63 per cent more calcium, 73 per cent more
iron, 125 per cent more potassium and 60 per cent more zinc in the organically produced foods. There
was also 29 per cent less of the toxic element mercury.'
http://www.ekolantbruk.se/PDFer/Myth%20and%20reality.pdf

Ray wrote: <...>
> No need for any of that **** US.

If you insist.

> Three or four pints of best Yorkshire bitter and a strict vegetarian diet is all I need.

Q: What's the difference between the best and worst Yorkshire bitter?
R: About 10p.

> Forget about the age, 6' -1", 12 stone and I can still manage a 4mile run every day

I'm impressed. You probably look younger than Dreck, too. It's horrible what a sedentary life filled
with negativity and bad habits (e.g., overeating which leads to obesity like he has) can do to one
in a short time span.

> - weather permitting.

Which keeps you from running -- rain or sun/cold or heat?

> No hair loss and all my own teeth

Only because you're on a private dental scheme. You KNOW you'd be toofless if you were on NHS.

<snip gratuitous ad hominem>

> Oh! one last thing - stress. It is imporatnt to rule stress from your life.

Agreed.

> I have never worked more than 37hrs per week in my life. I have now cut this down to 30max.

Slacker. It's not bad to work more if you enjoy what you do.

> The only stress I have is seeing how much tax I pay to keep all the social security dole
> scroungers and foreigners we have in this country.

That's enough to unnerve any upstanding citizen.

> One last thing,

This is your second "last thing." How many pints this evening?

> perhaps the most important - cellphones. I have one, someone gave me it to me 4 years ago, it's
> resided in my car ever since. I detest the things.

So do I.

> I keep it there in case of emergency. I don't even know the number. I just pay the rental and keep
> the nicads charged. If I'm at home or work I can be contacted, the rest of my life is 'My'
> personal time. Bugger all the stress imposed by present day society, it's a serious health hazard.

Technology is good, but it can overload us. The key is to use it, not to let it use you.

> I see little point in being the richest man in the graveyard.

Nor do I, but I don't care to live impoverished before I move there.

Once upon a time, our fellow Anonymous rambled on about "Re: Testicle Size and Diet." Our champion
De-Medicalizing in sci.med.nutrition retorts, thusly ...

>> activity and a vegetarian diet decreases (or can) decrease the size of your testicles and
>> fertility, does anyone know if there is any fact in this

Just as long, as it is not a *hard* fact, ... pun intended!

Ha, ... Hah, Ha!

My another high quality thread for minds greater than mind to ponder. :(
--
"... you have my sympathies" Science Officer Ash to Ripley, in the movie ALIEN.

pearl wrote:
> "Anonymous" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>

>>activity and a vegetarian diet decreases (or can) decrease the size of your testicles and
>>fertility, does anyone know if there is any fact in this and if so, is there a nutritional aspect?
>

> To note;
>
> Br J Cancer 2000 Jul;83(1):95-7

Another reference to an article the stinking ***** Lesley hasn't read, CANNOT read.

and understand a PubMed article if your worthless, drug-addicted life depended on it. Cheap,
foot-massaging Irish chelsea *****.

In article <[email protected]>, "Ray" <[email protected]> said:

> Oh! one last thing - stress. It is imporatnt to rule stress from your life. I have never worked
> more than 37hrs per week in my life. I have now cut this down to 30max. The only stress I have is
> seeing how much tax I pay to keep all the social security dole scroungers and foreigners we have
> in this country.

I could be wrong of course, but it seems to me that only someone who stresses at least a bit over
that particular set of political issues would have phrased things that way...

-- William December Starr <[email protected]

clueless chelsea foot masseuse wrote:

>>activity and a vegetarian diet decreases (or can) decrease the size of your testicles and
>>fertility, does anyone know if there is any fact in this and if so, is there a nutritional aspect?
>
> To note;
>
> Br J Cancer 2000 Jul;83(1):95-7 Hormones and diet: low insulin-like growth factor-I but normal
> bioavailable androgens in vegan men.
>
> Allen NE, Appleby PN, Davey GK, Key TJ. Cancer Epidemiology Unit, Imperial Cancer Research Fund,
> Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, UK.
>
> Mean serum insulin-like growth factor-I [IGF-I] was 9% lower in 233 vegan men than in 226
> meat-eaters and 237 vegetarians (P = 0.002). Vegans had higher testosterone levels than
> vegetarians and meat-eaters,

> were no differences between diet groups in free testosterone, androstanediol glucuronide or
> luteinizing hormone.

This has *no* bearing on sperm production. Difference in testosterone is more likely due to age:
vegans, as a group, probably have a lower mean age. The meat-eaters are more likely to have a higher
mean age. From the abstract, no data are given for age.

As men age, testosterone levels begin to fall from the age of 40 years. Some estimates
suggest that by the age of 65 years, 10% of men will have androgen deficiency and by the age
of 70 years this figure will have risen to over 20%.
http://www.andrologyaustralia.org/testosterone/default.htm

Most of the vegans (especially males) whom I know are in their late teens and early 20s. Ray is an
anomaly and the fact he still has all his hair at his age is a sign of low testosterone,
specifically DHT.

Men develop a typical pattern of baldness, associated with the presence of the male hormone
testosterone. Men who do not produce testosterone (because of genetic abnormalities or
castration) do not develop this pattern of baldness.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003246.htm

Try again, quack.

chelsea reflexologist with a high sperm count wrote:

>>>activity and a vegetarian diet decreases (or can) decrease the size of your testicles and
>>>fertility, does anyone know if there is any fact in this and if so, is there a nutritional
>>>aspect?
>>
>>Semen production requires a lot of zinc, which is often lacking in vegetarian diets.
>
> 'An American study found that organically grown food contained much higher average levels of
> minerals than non-organic food. For example, there was 63 per cent more calcium, 73 per cent more
> iron, 125 per cent more potassium and 60 per cent more zinc in the organically produced foods.
> There was also 29 per cent less of the toxic element mercury.'
> http://www.ekolantbruk.se/PDFer/Myth%20and%20reality.pdf

You illiterate ****. The question wasn't between organic and conventional. The question is between
*types* of diets.

Studies show that vegetarian diets often contain less zinc than meat-diets, so vegetarians
need to eat plenty of foods that are rich in zinc.
http://www.vegetarian-diet.info/zinc-vegetarian-diet.htm

Avoidance of animal products in the diet was associated with decreased intakes of energy,
protein, fat, calcium, and zinc and increased consumption of crude fiber, potassium, vitamin
A, and ascorbic acid. The low dietary intake of zinc by vegetarian women was believed to
result from liberal use of foods low in zinc such as fruits and vegetables, whereas
vegetarian men primarily consumed zinc-rich food such as legumes and cheeses
Lacto-ovo-vegetarians consumed twice the amount of crude fiber consumed by non-vegetarians
and vegans four times as much. The zinc content of salivary sediment was significantly lower
in vegetarians than in non-vegetarians; vegans had the lowest mean level...
http://tinyurl.com/wzje

Vegetarian diets in the United States typically contain between 10 and 30 percent less zinc
than nonvegetarian diets.

And they also contribute a lot of fiber and phytic acid, which tend to tie up minerals and
make them less available for absorption....

The women... absorbed less zinc from the vegetarian diet—21 percent less. Combined with the
14 percent lower zinc content of the vegetarian diet, the women absorbed a total of 35
percent less zinc. And their blood zinc levels were 5 percent lower after 8 weeks on the
vegetarian diet. http://tinyurl.com/wzjk

The last article continues that the women weren't at any health risk, but then again women don't
need zinc to produce healthy sperm. Men do: http://www.ein.org/fitsperm.htm

"usual suspect" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ray wrote: <...>
> > No need for any of that **** US.
>
> If you insist.
>
> > Three or four pints of best Yorkshire bitter and a strict vegetarian
diet is
> > all I need.
>
> Q: What's the difference between the best and worst Yorkshire bitter?
> A: About 10p.
Perhaps to an American palate.

Why do you think George W. visited the North of England? Certainly not for 'fish and chips' Rumour
has it that the cargo bay of AF 1 was fully loaded with crates of Newcastle Brown Ale.

> > Forget about the age, 6' -1", 12 stone and I can still manage a 4mile
run
> > every day
>
> I'm impressed. You probably look younger than Dreck, too. It's horrible what a sedentary life
> filled with negativity and bad habits (e.g., overeating which leads to obesity like he has) can do
> to one in a short time span.
>
> > - weather permitting.
>
> Which keeps you from running -- rain or sun/cold or heat?

Rain

> > No hair loss and all my own teeth
>
> Only because you're on a private dental scheme. You KNOW you'd be toofless if you were on NHS.

NHS treatment of dental problems is almost non existent - it's a disgrace.

> <snip gratuitous ad hominem>
>
> > Oh! one last thing - stress. It is imporatnt to rule stress from your
life.

> Agreed.
>
> > I have never worked more than 37hrs per week in my life. I have now cut
this
> > down to 30max.
>
> Slacker. It's not bad to work more if you enjoy what you do.
>
> > The only stress I have is seeing how much tax I pay to keep all the social security dole
> > scroungers and foreigners we have in this country.
>
> That's enough to unnerve any upstanding citizen.
>
> > One last thing,
>
> This is your second "last thing." How many pints this evening?

Just testing to see if you were alert!

Not a drop had passed my lips at the time- I take it intravenously.

> > perhaps the most important - cellphones. I have one, someone gave me it to me 4 years ago, it's
> > resided in my car ever since. I
detest
> > the things.
>
> So do I.
>
> > I keep it there in case of emergency. I don't even know the number. I just pay the rental and
> > keep the nicads charged. If I'm at
home
> > or work I can be contacted, the rest of my life is 'My' personal time. Bugger all the stress
> > imposed by present day society, it's a serious
health
> > hazard.
>
> Technology is good, but it can overload us. The key is to use it, not to let it use you.
>
> > I see little point in being the richest man in the graveyard.
>
> Nor do I, but I don't care to live impoverished before I move there.

Same here!

Ray wrote:
>>>No need for any of that **** US.
>>
>>If you insist.
>>
>>>Three or four pints of best Yorkshire bitter and a strict vegetarian
> diet is
>>>all I need.
>>
>>Q: What's the difference between the best and worst Yorkshire bitter?
>>A: About 10p.
>
> Perhaps to an American palate.

Lots of folks in the Thames Valley would agree with me.

> Why do you think George W. visited the North of England? Certainly not for 'fish and chips' Rumour
> has it that the cargo bay of AF 1 was fully loaded with crates of Newcastle Brown Ale.

If true, they're not his. He stopped drinking years ago.

>>>Forget about the age, 6' -1", 12 stone and I can still manage a 4mile
> run
>>>every day
>>
>>I'm impressed. You probably look younger than Dreck, too. It's horrible what a sedentary life
>>filled with negativity and bad habits (e.g., overeating which leads to obesity like he has) can do
>>to one in a short time span.
>>

>>>- weather permitting.
>>
>>Which keeps you from running -- rain or sun/cold or heat?
>
> Rain

Wuss.

>>>No hair loss and all my own teeth
>>
>>Only because you're on a private dental scheme. You KNOW you'd be toofless if you were on NHS.
>
> NHS treatment of dental problems is almost non existent - it's a disgrace.

I know.

>><snip gratuitous ad hominem>
>>
>>>Oh! one last thing - stress. It is imporatnt to rule stress from your
> life.
>
>>Agreed.
>>

>>>I have never worked more than 37hrs per week in my life. I have now cut
> this
>>>down to 30max.
>>
>>Slacker. It's not bad to work more if you enjoy what you do.
>>

>>>The only stress I have is seeing how much tax I pay to keep all the social security dole
>>>scroungers and foreigners we have in this country.
>>
>>That's enough to unnerve any upstanding citizen.
>>

>>>One last thing,
>>
>>This is your second "last thing." How many pints this evening?
>
> Just testing to see if you were alert!
>
> Not a drop had passed my lips at the time- I take it intravenously.

LOL

<snip

clueless liar "usual suspect" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>pearl wrote
>

> >>activity and a vegetarian diet decreases (or can) decrease the size of your testicles and
> >>fertility, does anyone know if there is any fact in this and if so, is there a nutritional
> >>aspect?
> >
> > To note;
> >
> > Br J Cancer 2000 Jul;83(1):95-7 Hormones and diet: low insulin-like growth factor-I but normal
> > bioavailable androgens in vegan men.
> >
> > Allen NE, Appleby PN, Davey GK, Key TJ. Cancer Epidemiology Unit, Imperial Cancer Research Fund,
> > Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, UK.
> >
> > Mean serum insulin-like growth factor-I [IGF-I] was 9% lower in 233 vegan men than in 226
> > meat-eaters and 237 vegetarians (P = 0.002). Vegans had higher testosterone levels than
> > vegetarians and meat-eaters,

> > were no differences between diet groups in free testosterone, androstanediol glucuronide or
> > luteinizing hormone.
>
> This has *no* bearing on sperm production. Difference in testosterone is more likely due to age:
> vegans, as a group, probably have a lower mean age. The meat-eaters are more likely to have a
> higher mean age. From the abstract, no data are given for age.

BS.

liar "usual suspect" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> >>Semen production requires a lot of zinc, which is often lacking in vegetarian diets.
> >
> > 'An American study found that organically grown food contained much higher average levels of
> > minerals than non-organic food. For example, there was 63 per cent more calcium, 73 per cent
> > more iron, 125 per cent more potassium and 60 per cent more zinc in the organically produced
> > foods. There was also 29 per cent less of the toxic element mercury.'
> > http://www.ekolantbruk.se/PDFer/Myth%20and%20reality.pdf
>
> You illiterate ****.

You ignorant low-life liar.

> The question wasn't between organic and conventional. The question is between *types* of diets.
>
> Studies show that vegetarian diets often contain less zinc than meat-diets, so vegetarians need to
> eat plenty of foods that are rich in zinc.
> http://www.vegetarian-diet.info/zinc-vegetarian-diet.htm
>
> Avoidance of animal products in the diet was associated with decreased intakes of energy, protein,
> fat, calcium, and zinc and increased consumption of crude fiber, potassium, vitamin A, and
> ascorbic acid. The low dietary intake of zinc by vegetarian women was believed to result from
> liberal use of foods low in zinc such as fruits and vegetables, whereas vegetarian men primarily
> consumed zinc-rich food such as legumes and cheeses Lacto-ovo-vegetarians consumed twice the
> amount of crude fiber consumed by non-vegetarians and vegans four times as much. The zinc content
> of salivary sediment was significantly lower in vegetarians than in non-vegetarians; vegans had
> the lowest mean level... http://tinyurl.com/wzje
>
> Vegetarian diets in the United States typically contain between 10 and 30 percent less zinc than
> nonvegetarian diets.
>
> And they also contribute a lot of fiber and phytic acid, which tend to tie up minerals and make
> them less available for absorption....
>
> The women... absorbed less zinc from the vegetarian diet—21 percent less. Combined with the 14
> percent lower zinc content of the vegetarian diet, the women absorbed a total of 35 percent less
> zinc. And their blood zinc levels were 5 percent lower after 8 weeks on the vegetarian diet.
> http://tinyurl.com/wzjk
>
> The last article continues that the women weren't at any health risk, but then again women don't
> need zinc to produce healthy sperm. Men do: http://www.ein.org/fitsperm.htm

and..

bukake queen wrote:

>>>To note;
>>>
>>>Br J Cancer 2000 Jul;83(1):95-7 Hormones and diet: low insulin-like growth factor-I but normal
>>>bioavailable androgens in vegan men.
>>>
>>>Allen NE, Appleby PN, Davey GK, Key TJ. Cancer Epidemiology Unit, Imperial Cancer Research Fund,
>>>Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, UK.
>>>
>>> Mean serum insulin-like growth factor-I [IGF-I] was 9% lower in 233 vegan men than in 226
>>> meat-eaters and 237 vegetarians (P = 0.002). Vegans had higher testosterone levels than
>>> vegetarians and meat-eaters,

>>>were no differences between diet groups in free testosterone, androstanediol glucuronide or
>>>luteinizing hormone.
>>
>>This has *no* bearing on sperm production. Difference in testosterone is more likely due to age:
>>vegans, as a group, probably have a lower mean age. The meat-eaters are more likely to have a
>>higher mean age. From the abstract, no data are given for age.
>
> BS.

Support your claim, dunce. <restore of undocumented snip in support of my claims>

As men age, testosterone levels begin to fall from the age of 40 years. Some estimates suggest
that by the age of 65 years, 10% of men will have androgen deficiency and by the age of 70
years this figure will have risen to over 20%.
http://www.andrologyaustralia.org/testosterone/default.htm

Most of the vegans (especially males) whom I know are in their late teens and early 20s. Ray is an
anomaly and the fact he still has all his hair at his age is a sign of low testosterone,
specifically DHT.

Men develop a typical pattern of baldness, associated with the presence of the male hormone
testosterone. Men who do not produce testosterone (because of genetic abnormalities or
castration) do not develop this pattern of baldness.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003246.htm

Try again, quack.

Another source linked below for your consideration.

Read it and weep, ****.

From: http://www.imaner.net/panel/profile.htm Vegan demographics: Most likely to be female
and under 35

AGE Vegans UKvegans USAvegans 16-24 21% 14% 36% 25-34 40% 39% 44% 35-44 25% 32% 11% 45-54 10% 11% 7%
55+ 4% 4% 2%

Vegans UK Vegans USA Vegans Male 33% 36% 22% Female 67% 64% 78%

Where was the study performed? What were the ages of the participants?

<restore of your undocumented snip of support>