Testosterone dosing protocols optimized for cyclist in training?

Nick Burns

Guest
I have been on some medications that suppress the natural production of testosterone. More than 80%
of it is now provided by a cream. The script says take once per morning. I have seen various
recommendations and I am wondering if anyone has information of dosing that is optimized to assist
the body in recovery and cell regeneration etc. (or any other issues I have not thought about).

I will likely be on this for another year at least. I may also add HGH during the peak months of the
year until my body fat percentage gets down to at least close to what it was before my injuries.
Since the cost is about $200 per month, I calculate that I will get the best use of it only when I
am working out 14 + hours per week. I should be up to that level by April or May and then I will
decide after 6 months (3 months of taking it and then another 3 months without) what to do for the
long term.

If this all works out, I would like to be legal (for racing) again at some point in the future but
my health is more important.

Any ideas (go ahead and flame or have a good time with the thread too) would be appreciated
as always.

Interesting. Hope your replacement therapy goes well.

Have nothing to add, but ask. My Anti-aging MD charges $600/mo for HGH with labs every three months.
How do you get it for $200?

"Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have been on some medications that suppress the natural production of testosterone. More than
> 80% of it is now provided by a cream. The script says take once per morning. I have seen various
> recommendations and I am wondering if anyone has information of dosing that is optimized to assist
> the body in recovery and cell regeneration etc. (or any other issues I
have
> not thought about).
>
> I will likely be on this for another year at least. I may also add HGH during the peak months of
> the year until my body fat percentage gets down
> at least close to what it was before my injuries. Since the cost is about $200 per month, I
> calculate that I will get the best use of it only when I am working out 14 + hours per week. I
> should be up to that level by April
or
> May and then I will decide after 6 months (3 months of taking it and then another 3 months
> without) what to do for the long term.
>
> If this all works out, I would like to be legal (for racing) again at some point in the future but
> my health is more important.
>
> Any ideas (go ahead and flame or have a good time with the thread too)
would
> be appreciated as always.

In article <[email protected]>, Nick Burns
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I have been on some medications that suppress the natural production of testosterone. More than
> 80% of it is now provided by a cream. The script says take once per morning. I have seen various
> recommendations and I am wondering if anyone has information of dosing that is optimized to assist
> the body in recovery and cell regeneration etc. (or any other issues I have not thought about).

What you want to find out from sources like WebMD is how long it takes for the med to get into your
system, how long before it peaks, the half-life, etc. It may be that the med just sort of trickles
into your system so it won't matter when you take it and taking it in the morning just means that it
will be in your system all day and in to the evening. Anyway, doesn't sound like fun. Good luck.

-WG

"wannagofast" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Interesting. Hope your replacement therapy goes well.

Thanks, I was shocked at how much difference it made. I think that I should have had that looked at
earlier. I have been hearing more and more stories about causes of suppressed testosterone and it
seems like aging cyclists that train and work a lot are more likely than average to need HRT.

> Have nothing to add, but ask. My Anti-aging MD charges $600/mo for HGH
with
> labs every three months. How do you get it for $200?

I will get the brand and dosing info for your comparison. The MD has been branching out in to anti-
aging and I believe it is one of the major brands that has been working with MDs for years now. It
could be that he is only charging me his cost.

> "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I have been on some medications that suppress the natural production of testosterone. More than
> > 80% of it is now provided by a cream. The script says take once per morning. I have seen various
> > recommendations and I am wondering if anyone has information of dosing that is optimized to
assist
> > the body in recovery and cell regeneration etc. (or any other issues I
> have
> > not thought about).
> >
> > I will likely be on this for another year at least. I may also add HGH during the peak months of
> > the year until my body fat percentage gets
down
> > at least close to what it was before my injuries. Since the cost is
about
> > $200 per month, I calculate that I will get the best use of it only when
> > am working out 14 + hours per week. I should be up to that level by
April
> or
> > May and then I will decide after 6 months (3 months of taking it and
then
> > another 3 months without) what to do for the long term.
> >
> > If this all works out, I would like to be legal (for racing) again at
some
> > point in the future but my health is more important.
> >
> > Any ideas (go ahead and flame or have a good time with the thread too)
> would
> > be appreciated as always.

"warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:010220042145353916%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Nick Burns
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I have been on some medications that suppress the natural production of testosterone. More than
> > 80% of it is now provided by a cream. The script says take once per morning. I have seen various
> > recommendations and I am wondering if anyone has information of dosing that is optimized to
assist
> > the body in recovery and cell regeneration etc. (or any other issues I
have
> > not thought about).
>
> What you want to find out from sources like WebMD is how long it takes for the med to get into
> your system, how long before it peaks, the half-life, etc. It may be that the med just sort of
> trickles into your system so it won't matter when you take it and taking it in the morning just
> means that it will be in your system all day and in to the evening. Anyway, doesn't sound like
> fun. Good luck.
>
> -WG

It actually has a fairly long half-life, so it may not matter too much. I have seen some comments
about optimal dosing but there may in fact not be any science at all behind those thoughts. I would
at least like to hear the thinking behind any recommendations. I have heard that the highest levels
occur naturally in the morning and that athletes do better taking the supplements at night time to
assist recovery. I have no idea if that is true but I am just going to play it safe until I get
better info on this.

Thanks Warren.

My Doc says do it at night, daily.

I'm concerned what does your system do when you come off of it. Given the therapy, has the gland
stopped producing and will it restart, when you stop

Will the hormone promote the growth of pre-cancers, into cancers?

What other side effects, I've read about enlarged jaw line and ears.