Texas trails?



C

Chris

Guest
Any Texas riders in here? Anyone know of some good trails in the D/FW area and north?

Chris
 
J

John Morgan

Guest
"Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Any Texas riders in here? Anyone know of some good trails in the
D/FW area
> and north?
>
> Chris

Someone told me there is no good mountain biking in Texas. He moved there a few weeks ago and
decided to sell his mountain bike. =(

I hope he was wrong, for your sake.

-John Morgan
 
B

Bb

Guest
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 10:07:49 -0700, John Morgan wrote:

> Someone told me there is no good mountain biking in Texas. He moved there a few weeks ago and
> decided to sell his mountain bike. =(

There is no such thing as bad mountain biking!

That's where I started riding. The worst part of it is the relative dearth of trails, given the
large population in the area. Even in '95, trails were VERY crowded. Its probably worse now.

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
 
T

Tj

Guest
"BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 10:07:49 -0700, John Morgan wrote:
>
> > Someone told me there is no good mountain biking in Texas. He moved there a few weeks ago and
> > decided to sell his mountain bike. =(
>
> There is no such thing as bad mountain biking!
>
> That's where I started riding. The worst part of it is the relative dearth of trails, given the
> large population in the area. Even in '95, trails were VERY crowded. Its probably worse now.
>
> --
> -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

Now there is more trails.

TJ www.gvii.net/hundtoft
 

TheAndyDudE

New Member
Feb 6, 2004
43
0
0
38
Originally posted by Chris
Any Texas riders in here? Anyone know of some good trails in the D/FW area and north?

Chris

YES, try out Northshore at Grapevine Lake behind Grapevine Mills Mall. Very long track, about 20 miles long and varying skills, i was able to run it with a Full rigid horrible bike and managed only 2 flats, bent rim, handlebars, and brake failure...needless to say that this trail very technical at somepoints. It's also highly traversed by both bikers and hikers. best trail system in DFW area i've ridden. need more directions, lemme know.
 
N

Nate

Guest
John Morgan wrote:
> "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>Any Texas riders in here? Anyone know of some good trails in the
>
> D/FW area
>
>>and north?
>>
>>Chris
>
>
> Someone told me there is no good mountain biking in Texas. He moved there a few weeks ago and
> decided to sell his mountain bike. =(
>
> I hope he was wrong, for your sake.
>
> -John Morgan
>
>
There are lots of trails in Central Texas....If your friend moved anywhere around Austin, he really
f'd up (unless he had a 50lb downhill rig).

nate
 

TheAndyDudE

New Member
Feb 6, 2004
43
0
0
38
Also Tons of trails around the Palo Duro Canyon, in West Texas...2nd largest canyon in the states, so there's tons of trails goin up and down the canyon sides, etc, etc. Best bet is to just search online for trails close to where you live.
 
B

Bb

Guest
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 02:34:06 GMT, TheAndyDudE wrote:
> Also Tons of trails around the Palo Duro Canyon, in West Texas...2nd largest canyon in the states,
> so there's tons of trails goin up and down the canyon sides, etc, etc. Best bet is to just search
> online for trails close to where you live.

Texas is such a big friggin' state - Canyon does look like some good riding, but its 480 (driving)
miles from Dallas!

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
 
T

Tj

Guest
"TheAndyDudE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Also Tons of trails around the Palo Duro Canyon, in West Texas...2nd largest canyon in the states,
> so there's tons of trails goin up and down the canyon sides, etc, etc. Best bet is to just search
> online for trails close to where you live.
>
>
>
> --
>
>
I have been to Palo Duro. It is hard for me to believe that it is the second largest canyon in the
US. I would have thought the Snake river canyon, or The Deschutes river Canyon would be larger.

TJ www.gvii.net/hundtoft
 

TheAndyDudE

New Member
Feb 6, 2004
43
0
0
38
Originally posted by Tj
"TheAndyDudE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Also Tons of trails around the Palo Duro Canyon, in West Texas...2nd largest canyon in the states,
> so there's tons of trails goin up and down the canyon sides, etc, etc. Best bet is to just search
> online for trails close to where you live.
>
>
>
> --
>
>
I have been to Palo Duro. It is hard for me to believe that it is the second largest canyon in the
US. I would have thought the Snake river canyon, or The Deschutes river Canyon would be larger.

TJ www.gvii.net/hundtoft

believe it or not, the Grand Canyon is 1st...amazing huh? :p
 
O

Onefred

Guest
"nate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> John Morgan wrote:
> > "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>Any Texas riders in here? Anyone know of some good trails in the
> >
> > D/FW area

All trails are good, but if you like highly technical singletrack then Dallas sux. It's basically a
big rolling prarie and is good for high speed, high endurance riding. But it's been a while since
I've ridden the area so maybe things have changed. A pretty good bike shop in the area is Plano
Cycling & Fitness. Maybe they can help you.

Austin is very hilly and the hills go from gentle to very steep. It's a decent mtn biking area --
technical, fast and challenging.

Dave

> >>and north?
> >>
> >>Chris
> >
> >
> > Someone told me there is no good mountain biking in Texas. He moved there a few weeks ago and
> > decided to sell his mountain bike. =(
> >
> > I hope he was wrong, for your sake.
> >
> > -John Morgan
> >
> >
> There are lots of trails in Central Texas....If your friend moved anywhere around Austin, he
> really f'd up (unless he had a 50lb downhill rig).
>
>
> nate
 
T

Tj

Guest
"TheAndyDudE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tj wrote:
> > "TheAndyDudE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:ya-
> >
[email protected]:[email protected]
> > usenetserver.com...
> > > Also Tons of trails around the Palo Duro Canyon, in West Texas...2nd largest canyon in the
> > > states, so there's tons of trails goin up and down the canyon sides, etc, etc. Best bet is
> > > to just search online
for
> > > trails close to where you live.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > >
> > I have been to Palo Duro. It is hard for me to believe that it is the second largest canyon in
> > the US. I would have thought the Snake river canyon, or The Deschutes river Canyon would be
> > larger. TJ www.gvii.net/hundtoft
>
>
>
> believe it or not, the Grand Canyon is 1st...amazing huh? :p
>
>
>
> --
>
I wooda never thunk it.

TJ