TFCE -where were you Carol?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Nigey, Sep 8, 2003.

  1. Nigey

    Nigey Guest

    Carol:

    I did the TFCE yesterday, but didn't see you or anyone I knew on a 'bent anywhere.... did see quite
    a few 'bents though, many more than last time I did it a couple of years ago. Barchettas certainly
    seem to be selling well.....

    Alas, I did the ride on my Cannondale road bike -great fun, but certainly not as comfortable as the
    old trusted Vision VR-40!!

    Anyway, for those of you who were there, it was a beautiful day, and glorious scenery. I think I'll
    do the Seacoast century next year ;^)

    cheers

    Nige

    Tags:

  2. Carol Cohen

    Carol Cohen Guest

    [email protected] (Nigey) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Carol:
    >
    > I did the TFCE yesterday, but didn't see you or anyone I knew on a 'bent anywhere.... did see
    > quite a few 'bents though, many more than last time I did it a couple of years ago. Barchettas
    > certainly seem to be selling well.....
    >
    > Alas, I did the ride on my Cannondale road bike -great fun, but certainly not as comfortable as
    > the old trusted Vision VR-40!!
    >
    > Anyway, for those of you who were there, it was a beautiful day, and glorious scenery. I think
    > I'll do the Seacoast century next year ;^)
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > Nige

    It was the best weather yet! Who was on the tandem Greenspeed?

    C.C.

  3. Larry

    Larry Guest

    Nige

    Carol was there along with Jerry and at least another 12 bents tha I saw. I was riding a new Aero
    and started late after working the parking detail. What time did you start?

    Rich Pinto and "team bachetta" came riding by while I was at the 25 mile rest stop and I road the
    next 25 miles until I had mechanical problem. Sorry I missed you.

    I will be at the Seacoast along with Matt. I hope you registered since they are closed and are not
    taking walking on's this year

    Larry Aerocycle & Bachetta Aero

  4. Larry

    Larry Guest

    Who was on the tandem Greenspeed?

    The guy on the Greenspeed had just gotten it and was riding with his 10 year old daughter, who
    didn;t look real happy at the 25 mile rest stop. It was interesting watch him take it off the roof
    of his car with a home made ramp to roll it down

    Larry

  5. Nigey

    Nigey Guest

    Larry:

    I started off at around 8:00am -can't remember seeing you..... I won't be doing the Seacoast this
    year, I was thinking of next year.

    I've been neglecting my 'bent riding recently and devoting my spare time to cycling on the upright,
    which to be honest, I've been enjoying alot too. Doesn't matter so long has it has two wheels, you
    can have fun!

    You know, I must have seen Rich Pinto since I saw 2 or 3 Bachettas go past -one of the riders was
    talking about having sold 125 of them this year, so I assume he was a bike store owner or employee
    (was that Rich?).

    cheers and happy riding

    Nige

  6. Geoff Adams

    Geoff Adams Guest

    > I now have over 6000 miles on Pantours (front only). The 1st hub was one of their early products
    > and had problems. They worked very to correct it and eventually replaced it at their expense..
    > That replacement hub (Bontrager Maverick rim built by Pantour)had 2000 mile on it when I sold the
    > bike. My current hub (Velocity Aero-Heat built by Pantour) has 3000 miles since May and I just
    > replaced the elastomer ... again at Pantour's expense. I am NOT a bike mechanic and had no
    > difficulty replacing the elastomer myself.
    >
    > I ride long miles (50-80 mile days on several supported tours each summer and many weekend event
    > rides). While it is not built for off-road use, and RR tracks still feel like RR tracks, the hub
    > removes the harshness of road seams, patches, etc. For long days in the saddle they are a godsend
    > and they do help maintain contact over high spedd road imperfections.
    >
    > I will likely never buy another bike without a Pantour front hub.
    >
    > DeVon Vision 44.5 USS/Pantour

    Devon,

    Yes this is the kind of info I was looking for - you had problems but were able to change the
    elastomer yourself, have a good amount of bike mileage using them and overall you would get the
    Pantours again. Hmm
    - I get a few more comments like that and I'll have to start thinking once again about getting the
    Pantour for the front wheel.

    Larry Raphael Barcroft Dakota #02, Metallic Blue Oakton, VA

  7. Larry

    Larry Guest

    > I started off at around 8:00am -can't remember seeing you.....

    I started late at around 8:45 when I was done working on the parking lot detail. I was one of the
    guys waving the orange flags

    > You know, I must have seen Rich Pinto since I saw 2 or 3 Bachettas go past -one of the riders was
    > talking about having sold 125 of them this year, so I assume he was a bike store owner or employee
    > (was that Rich?).

    That was Rich riding with Chuck and Tom from the BTTB

    Larry

  8. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Nigey wrote:
    > ... I've been neglecting my 'bent riding recently and devoting my spare time to cycling on the
    > upright, which to be honest, I've been enjoying alot too. Doesn't matter so long has it has two
    > wheels, you can have fun!...

    Newsflash: Nigey beaten up by a group of recumbent trikers. ;)

    Tom Sherman - Near the confluence of the Mississippi and Rock Rivers

  9. Nigey

    Nigey Guest

    D'oh! I forgot about that..... oh dear, apologies to our 3 wheeler friends.