TfL cycling maps

Orienteer

Guest
Finally got the London cycling maps I requested weeks ago.

Judging by the one for my area (no. 8) they are already a
year out of date; many farcilities built within the last
year are missing. Now I recall speaking to Tom
(unpronouncable Polish? name) of the LCC at Cycle 2003 last
September; he said they had prepared the updates early in
2003 and were still waiting for TfL to publish them.

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:57:35 GMT, "Orienteer"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
<[email protected]>:

>Finally got the London cycling maps I requested weeks ago.

Ditto. Maybe they were waiting for a new print run?

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

"Orienteer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Finally got the London cycling maps I requested weeks ago.
>
> Judging by the one for my area (no. 8) they are already a
> year out of
date;
> many farcilities built within the last year are missing.
> Now I recall speaking to Tom (unpronouncable Polish? name)
> of the LCC at Cycle 2003
last
> September; he said they had prepared the updates early in
> 2003 and were still waiting for TfL to publish them.

Bogdanowicz, roughly but apparently acceptably pronounced
Bog-dan-o-vitch.

Orienteer wrote:

> Finally got the London cycling maps I requested weeks ago.
>
> Judging by the one for my area (no. 8) they are
> already a year out of date; many farcilities built
> within the last year are missing. Now I recall
> speaking to Tom (unpronouncable Polish? name) of the
> LCC at Cycle 2003 last September; he said they had
> prepared the updates early in 2003 and were still
> waiting for TfL to publish them.

Too right. I sent in a list of corrections well over a year
ago and was told I was too late.

Which part of map 8 are you on? As far as I know the only
facility put in in the Ealing part of the map is the
Havelock Road contraflow. Excitement round Grand Union
Village is yet to come.

Colin McKenzie
--
The great advantage of not trusting statistics is that it
leaves you free to believe the damned lies instead!

"Colin McKenzie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Orienteer wrote:
>
> > Finally got the London cycling maps I requested
> > weeks ago.
> >
> > Judging by the one for my area (no. 8) they are already
> > a year out of
date;
> > many farcilities built within the last year are missing.
> > Now I recall speaking to Tom (unpronouncable Polish?
> > name) of the LCC at Cycle 2003
last
> > September; he said they had prepared the updates early
> > in 2003 and were still waiting for TfL to publish them.
>
> Too right. I sent in a list of corrections well over a
> year ago and was told I was too late.
>
> Which part of map 8 are you on? As far as I know the only
> facility put in in the Ealing part of the map is the
> Havelock Road contraflow. Excitement round Grand Union
> Village is yet to come.
>
> Colin McKenzie
> --
Uxbridge. A large feature missing from the map is: a TfL-
funded cycle path from Ruislip through Ickenham!
Construction started well over a year ago and was the
subject of much local debate.