General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

TFT: From Believer to Debunker

Started by Nana Weedkiller · · Last activity · 4 posts · 407 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
8 May 2004
Last activity
9 May 2004
Original author
Nana Weedkiller
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
407
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Some of you old timers here on MHA may remember
    this poster who was totally convinced about Thought Field Therapy.
    I think I exchanged a few words with her, myself.
    http://www.geocities.com/health_index/thought_field_therapy.html

    I offer her my best wishes and a High 5 as she makes this
    uneasy transition from believer to debunker.

    You go, girl!

  2. "Nana Weedkiller" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Some of you old timers here on MHA may remember
    this poster who was totally convinced about Thought Field Therapy.
    I think I exchanged a few words with her, myself.
    http://www.geocities.com/health_index/thought_field_therapy.html

    I offer her my best wishes and a High 5 as she makes this
    uneasy transition from believer to debunker.

    Do you mean "believer to troll"?

    Considering the fact this is misc.health.alternative, the thrust of this
    group is to suggest alternatives, and one might think there is a median
    between "believer" and "debunker".

    Or, I guess yours is just a troll. Whatever.

    Quoted message said:


    You go, girl!

    Path: bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net!wnmaster11!wn12feed!worldnet.att.net!199.45.49.37!cyclone1.gnilink.net!spamkiller.gnilink.net!gnilink.net!nwrddc01.gnilink.net.POSTED!e2ddbe5e!not-for-mail
    From: "Nana Weedkiller" <[email hidden]>
    Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative
    Subject: TFT: From Believer to Debunker
    Lines: 11
    X-Priority: 3
    X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
    X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
    X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
    Message-ID: <[email hidden]>
    Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 04:28:03 GMT
    NNTP-Posting-Host: 151.196.244.220
    X-Complaints-To: [email hidden]
    X-Trace: nwrddc01.gnilink.net 1083990483 151.196.244.220 (Sat, 08 May 2004 00:28:03 EDT)
    NNTP-Posting-Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 00:28:03 EDT
    Xref: wnmaster11 misc.health.alternative:379459
    X-Received-Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 04:28:04 GMT (bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net)

  3. Quoted message said:

    Some of you old timers here on MHA may remember
    this poster who was totally convinced about Thought Field Therapy.
    I think I exchanged a few words with her, myself.
    http://www.geocities.com/health_index/thought_field_therapy.html

    I offer her my best wishes and a High 5 as she makes this
    uneasy transition from believer to debunker.

    You go, girl!

    Nana, I second your sentiments and I am Unanimous in that.

    Monica, it takes a strong & brave person to change sincerely held beliefs.
    Your decision is a testitiment to intellectual honesty.

    Best Wishes!

  4. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Nana Weedkiller said:

    Some of you old timers here on MHA may remember
    this poster who was totally convinced about Thought Field Therapy.
    I think I exchanged a few words with her, myself.
    http://www.geocities.com/health_index/thought_field_therapy.html

    I offer her my best wishes and a High 5 as she makes this
    uneasy transition from believer to debunker.

    You go, girl!

    That's the true mark of a scientist -- you go where the data take you,
    whether you like the results or not. I must admit that the woman in
    question really got on my nerves when she was on m.h.a, but I take my
    hat off to her now for her intellectual honesty and determination.

    Most people would rather have their fingernails pulled out than
    abandon a cherished belief.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
    "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
    were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.