TFT: From Believer to Debunker

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Nana Weedkiller, May 7, 2004.

  1. Some of you old timers here on MHA may remember
    this poster who was totally convinced about Thought Field Therapy.
    I think I exchanged a few words with her, myself.
    http://www.geocities.com/health_index/thought_field_therapy.html

    I offer her my best wishes and a High 5 as she makes this
    uneasy transition from believer to debunker.

    You go, girl!

    Tags:

  2. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    "Nana Weedkiller" <[email protected]> wrote

    > Some of you old timers here on MHA may remember this
    > poster who was totally convinced about Thought Field
    > Therapy. I think I exchanged a few words with her,
    > myself. http://www.geocities.com/health_index/thought_fi-
    > eld_therapy.html
    >
    > I offer her my best wishes and a High 5 as she makes this
    > uneasy transition from believer to debunker.

    Do you mean "believer to troll"?

    Considering the fact this is misc.health.alternative, the
    thrust of this group is to suggest alternatives, and one
    might think there is a median between "believer" and
    "debunker".

    Or, I guess yours is just a troll. Whatever.

    > You go, girl!

    > MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165 Message-
    > ID: <[email protected]> Date:
    > Sat, 08 May 2004 04:28:03 GMT NNTP-Posting-Host:
    > 151.196.244.220 X-Complaints-To: [email protected] X-
    > Trace: nwrddc01.gnilink.net 1083990483 151.196.244.220
    > (Sat, 08 May 2004 00:28:03 EDT) NNTP-Posting-Date: Sat, 08
    > May 2004 00:28:03 EDT Xref: wnmaster11
    > misc.health.alternative:379459 X-Received-Date: Sat, 08
    > May 2004 04:28:04 GMT (bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net)

  3. >Some of you old timers here on MHA may remember
    >this poster who was totally convinced about Thought Field Therapy.
    >I think I exchanged a few words with her, myself.
    >http://www.geocities.com/health_index/thought_field_therapy.html
    >
    >I offer her my best wishes and a High 5 as she makes this
    >uneasy transition from believer to debunker.
    >
    >You go, girl!

    Nana, I second your sentiments and I am Unanimous in that.

    Monica, it takes a strong & brave person to change
    sincerely held beliefs. Your decision is a testitiment to
    intellectual honesty.

    Best Wishes!

  4. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Nana Weedkiller <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Some of you old timers here on MHA may remember this poster
    >who was totally convinced about Thought Field Therapy. I
    >think I exchanged a few words with her, myself. http://www-
    >.geocities.com/health_index/thought_field_therapy.html
    >
    >I offer her my best wishes and a High 5 as she makes this
    >uneasy transition from believer to debunker.
    >
    >You go, girl!

    That's the true mark of a scientist -- you go where the data
    take you, whether you like the results or not. I must admit
    that the woman in question really got on my nerves when she
    was on m.h.a, but I take my hat off to her now for her
    intellectual honesty and determination.

    Most people would rather have their fingernails pulled out
    than abandon a cherished belief.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my
    opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "If I
    have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were
    standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)