Thai peanut dressing...request recipe

D

Doe John

At Thai restaurants, they have salads with a peanut flavored dressing. Anyone have a good recipe?

Thx

these are peanut sauce ingredients I use ... add more dressing oil and vinegar to make a slad
dressing I'd delete the PB and add crushed peanuts peanut oil, coriander, ginger, a dash of hot
sauce, lime juice and a dash of mint, fresh ginger, some low-fat coconut milk, some crunchy PB, soy
sauce, lime juice, other spices and garlic to taste Tara

Doe John asked:

> At Thai restaurants, they have salads with a peanut flavored dressing. Anyone have a good recipe?

This is from the revised _Moosewood Cookbook_. (It's my understanding that this recipe didn't appear
in the original edition.)

Moosewood Thai Salad

DRESSING 6 Tbs good peanut butter 1 cup boiling water 4 Tbs cider vinegar 1 Tbs sugar or honey 1 to
1 1/2 tsp salt 3 to 4 medium cloves garlic, minced crushed red pepper or cayenne, to taste 2 tsp
lemon or lime juice

Place the peanut butter in a small bowl. Whisk in the water, and beat well until combined. Stir in
remaining ingredients.

THE REST 1 medium head crisp lettuce (Romaine is good) 1 medium carrot, shredded or thinly sliced
1 small bell pepper, in thin strips 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced 2 medium-sized
ripe tomatoes, in bite-sized chunks 2 medium (fist-sized) potatoes, boiled and sliced 4 to 6 hard-
boiled eggs, cut in wedges 3 cakes tofu, plain or fried, diced a small handful each (if
available): minced fresh cilantro, mint, and basil optional: a handful of mung bean sprouts *FUN
OPTION* potato chips instead of, or in addition to, the boiled potato slices. Squeezable wedges of
lemon or lime, for garnish

Pile up everything in a provocative yet compelling arrangement. Drizzle the dressing on top.

Bob