Tropical Tim said:The Mayo Clinic has decided that my wife's treatment
should now include the use of Thalidomide. Prior to
starting this treatment, I would like to read as much as
possible about Thalidomide usage for Ovarian cancer
tumors. I would appriciate any and all information that is
specificly aimed at this combination.
Thank you,
Tim Bankerd St. Augustine, Florida.
Hi Tim, What combinations? and/or maybe you could try Google
with the chemo name, thalidomide and phrase "ovarian cancer"
? groups.google.comadvanced searchOpen ↗
I just quit doing same with just thalidomide in the search
box with phrase "ovarian cancer" (after 27 pages of Google
search results) and got one that said "little therapeutic
value"
haematologica.org87344.pdfOpen ↗ what
caught my eye on that one was the way Google showed the
date, but now I realize that it's probably April/02 (got my
hopes up that it meant 2004)
and another such as this one.
jco.org1147Open ↗ I guess you'll
have to decide if that is of value, since they seem to using
the CA-125 and I would be asking did it help the patient
with symptomatic relief and what does "heavily pretreated "
mean to the patient..etc.
I skipped the ones that did not give results of trials, or
vaguely mentioned trials, or mentioned trial combos of
chemo and thalidomide (but no trial results) or news items
and/or outdated.
I'm sorry I can't help more. I can never seem to find much
on thalidomide no matter who asks.
Anyhow, I just wanted to pop in and say hi to you and been
missing hearing from you. Best to you and Patty, J