Thank You OLN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Judibob

I mean really. I just want to echo some other comments on this NG - how soon we forget! I remember
just not too many years ago I was dying to watch those 5 minute daily updates from France on Good
Morning America with Beth Ruyak, and watch them 10 times over & loved it! And 3 of those 5 minutes
had nothing to do with cycling!!!! Now we've got classics, just a week tape delayed, LIVE daily
coverage of all 3 tours, even live P-R (not this year, but same-day-tape is great too) -- Man, THANK
YOU OLN!!!! A juggled schedule here or Everest update there, no problem, I love this coverage and I
refuse to forget or get spoiled!!!!! And, yes, I tape those Bobke commercials too!!!

judibob wrote:
>
> I mean really. I just want to echo some other comments on this NG - how soon we forget! I
> remember just not too many years ago I was dying to watch those 5 minute daily updates from
> France on Good Morning America with Beth Ruyak, and watch them 10 times over & loved it! And 3 of
> those 5 minutes had nothing to do with cycling!!!! Now we've got classics, just a week tape
> delayed, LIVE daily coverage of all 3 tours, even live P-R (not this year, but same-day-tape is
> great too) -- Man, THANK YOU OLN!!!! A juggled schedule here or Everest update there, no problem,
> I love this coverage and I refuse to forget or get spoiled!!!!! And, yes, I tape those Bobke
> commercials too!!!

A very enjoyable stage to watch today - unlike the big day in the mountains where the two biggest
climbs had been summited before Italian TV started for the day!

-S-

In article <[email protected]>, Steve Freides <[email protected]> wrote:

> judibob wrote:
> >
> > I mean really. I just want to echo some other comments on this NG - how soon we forget! I
> > remember just not too many years ago I was dying to watch those 5 minute daily updates from
> > France on Good Morning America with Beth Ruyak, and watch them 10 times over & loved it! And 3
> > of those 5 minutes had nothing to do with cycling!!!! Now we've got classics, just a week tape
> > delayed, LIVE daily coverage of all 3 tours, even live P-R (not this year, but same-day-tape is
> > great too) -- Man, THANK YOU OLN!!!! A juggled schedule here or Everest update there, no
> > problem, I love this coverage and I refuse to forget or get spoiled!!!!! And, yes, I tape those
> > Bobke commercials too!!!
>
> A very enjoyable stage to watch today - unlike the big day in the mountains where the two biggest
> climbs had been summited before Italian TV started for the day!
>
> -S-

Speaking of commercials, I loved those ads they ran during the Vuelta last year, the "Phil and Paul
Bingo", and the Jimi Hendrix "Freedom" ads they ran last summer. Great ads!

We've been getting RAI international on TLN, and they only show the last hour. It's better than
nothing, as I've repeatedly said, but I miss all the other stuff and Phil and Paul and Bob! However,
TLN shows clips of other stuff, like the sign-ins and rider presentations, the mass start (partenza)
and little "travelogues" of some of the towns they pass through. ANd they have this really nervy
journalist who is at the finish line and accosts the winners as soon as they cross the finish line,
shoving a mike in their faces. Interestingly enough, not one of them ever tells her to get lost-
they always oblige her with a few seconds no matter how pooped or breathless they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.