Thank You.

Dave wrote:

>> > We are extremely
>>
>>>saddened (and ****** off!!) by the video of our P.O.W's (There should be hell to pay!)
>>
>>Welcome to the propoganda war. I in no way condone the way that the POWs were televised, but it's
>>ironic to see the US go mental over Iraq for breaking the Geneva convention, yet with the other
>>hand, continue to break or ignore the same convention...
>

> Please provide some examples of the type of mistreatment by Americans, that the world has seen at
> the hands of the Iraqi's.

I wasn't referring to the Iraqis. This gives an overview of human rights violations in Camp X-Ray:
http://www.amnestyusa.org/news/2002/usa04152002.html

> Thing is, you can't, nor will you be able too. The Iraqi's are murderers, they've murdered their
> own people, now they're murdering soldiers on state run television.

They murdered soldiers on state-run television? Do you have a link to this story?

Your dangerously close to becoming
> considered an ally to Husseins regime John. Do you really want to be considered a sympathizer?

I would hope that I'm making you think. I believe that the war is unjust and I won't keep quiet
every time you make incorrect or exaggerated stories, or repeat propaganda gleaned from the 'idiot
box'. The US is not the white knight as it presents itself, quite the opposite in fact, and as long
as people keep banging the 'holier than thou' drum, I'll keep playing Devil's advocate.

Don't take it personally, I just like a good, passionate debate :)

P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:

> | Isn't this a cycling forum?
>
> Find someone that will explain "alt" to you.

Ironic that the 't' stands for terrorists... :)

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 20:48:51 +0100, notaknob wrote:

> See the world. See the world.

Unfortunately, those who've spent their whole lives in the shelter of their hometown have no way
of understanding the immense value of this piece of advise, even though it was important enough
to repeat.

"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Dave W wrote:
> > It's tough not to sit in front of the idiot box, and watch the minute by minute war channels.
> > (Will Survivor ever be looked at the same?) But I felt it was my duty to continue living my life
> > the way I alway's have. FREE.
> >

> If you believe you are going to be more free than you are now, you are seriously deluded.

I said nothing about being free-er. As a matter of fact I said I would be continuing my life as I
alway's have, that is free, maybe slightly less. But certainly enough to be able to work in my yard,
and get an excellent workout doing this, as well as riding at my local mtb park. No Greg, I indeed
said nothing about any EXTRA freedom.

We'll see more terrorism, and we'll see our liberty
> eroded further because of the terrorism. You're even more simple-minded than our President, which
> is really hard to be.
>
> Greg

And you OVER READ everything. I was thanking the folks in our armed services, for the freedoms which
I enjoyed this weekend. You're too quick to jump. I wasn't baiting you chum-breath.

Dave

Dave wrote:
> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Dave W wrote:
>>
>>>It's tough not to sit in front of the idiot box, and watch the minute by minute war channels.
>>>(Will Survivor ever be looked at the same?) But I felt it was my duty to continue living my life
>>>the way I alway's have. FREE.
>>>

>>If you believe you are going to be more free than you are now, you are seriously deluded.
>

> I said nothing about being free-er. As a matter of fact I said I would be continuing my life as I
> alway's have, that is free, maybe slightly less. But certainly enough to be able to work in my
> yard, and get an excellent workout doing this, as well as riding at my local mtb park. No Greg, I
> indeed said nothing about any EXTRA freedom.
>
> We'll see more terrorism, and we'll see our liberty
>
>>eroded further because of the terrorism. You're even more simple-minded than our President, which
>>is really hard to be.
>>
>>Greg
>

> And you OVER READ everything. I was thanking the folks in our armed services, for the freedoms
> which I enjoyed this weekend. You're too quick to jump. I wasn't baiting you chum-breath.

Way to backpedal moron.

Greg

> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Dave W wrote:
> > > It's tough not to sit in front of the idiot box, and watch the minute by minute war channels.
> > > (Will Survivor ever be looked at the same?) But I felt it was my duty to continue living my
> > > life the way I alway's have. FREE.
> > >

> > If you believe you are going to be more free than you are now, you are seriously deluded.
>
> I said nothing about being free-er. As a matter of fact I said I would be continuing my life as I
> alway's have, that is free, maybe slightly less. But certainly enough to be able to work in my
> yard, and get an excellent workout doing this, as well as riding at my local mtb park. No Greg, I
> indeed said nothing about any EXTRA freedom.

So Ashcroft can do whatever he wants as long as you can rake leaves? What the hell kind of criteria
is that? And isn't being "less free" exactly what every annoying pundit claimed would be a win for
the terrorists?

Chris

If you read this post, than the terrorists have won...

On 24 Mar 2003 21:46:22 GMT, BB <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 20:48:51 +0100, notaknob wrote:
>>
>> See the world. See the world.
>
>Unfortunately, those who've spent their whole lives in the shelter of their hometown have no way
>of understanding the immense value of this piece of advise, even though it was important enough
>to repeat.

And those of us who have appreciate all the more....

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 02:35:08 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:

>Dave wrote:
>> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:<[email protected]>...

>>>If you believe you are going to be more free than you are now, you are seriously deluded.
>>

>> I said nothing about being free-er. As a matter of fact I said I would be continuing my life as I
>> alway's have, that is free, maybe slightly less. But certainly enough to be able to work in my
>> yard, and get an excellent workout doing this, as well as riding at my local mtb park. No Greg, I
>> indeed said nothing about any EXTRA freedom.
>>
>> We'll see more terrorism, and we'll see our liberty
>>
>>>eroded further because of the terrorism. You're even more simple-minded than our President, which
>>>is really hard to be.
>>>
>>>Greg
>>

>> And you OVER READ everything. I was thanking the folks in our armed services, for the freedoms
>> which I enjoyed this weekend. You're too quick to jump. I wasn't baiting you chum-breath.
>>

>Way to backpedal moron.
>
>Greg

Way to over ANALyze, butthole surfer..