Thanks, Dubya. $1,600,000,000,000

limerickman said:
............but you're the only one here who tries to excuse you're country's meddling in other countries.
Where did I excuse US meddling in other countries?

limerickman said:
Iran would become Communist??????????
The bogeyman that is Communism.
That is a first - even for the likes of you.
I've heard it all now.

It wasn't more to do with oil deposits, per chance??
You know, all that stuff that goes to fuel your economy.

Instead of posting inaccurate stuff about communism and how your country did us all a favour, when you were only doing yourselves a favour, I suggest that you ought to read some history.
And not the type of revisionism which tells you that Iran was under threat of Communism either.
It was for the British. Perhaps you need to read up on it a little.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d'%C3%A9tat

Colorado Ryder said:
Where did I excuse US meddling in other countries?
Right now... Twist and turning to come up with pathetic, historically inaccurate excuses. :p

Colorado Ryder said:
Now how am I justifying US actions? Or am I just opointing out that your lot is just as guilty?

How?
By suggesting that because Britain/France/Germany did things in other countries, that this entitles your country to do the same things in other countries.

As I suggested earlier, no one from any of those nations is in here trying talk up what they did or are doing, in other countries.
You on the other hand are trying to justify what your country did and does when meddling in the affairs of other countries, as outlined by me and several other posters.

limerickman said:
How?
By suggesting that because Britain/France/Germany did things in other countries, that this entitles your country to do the same things in other countries.

As I suggested earlier, no one from any of those nations is in here trying talk up what they did or are doing, in other countries.
You on the other hand are trying to justify what your country did and does when meddling in the affairs of other countries, as outlined by me and several other posters.
Never once did I justify US actions based on other countries actions. Just pointed out that other countries are guilty of the same things. Guess you don't like when we point the faults of your lot. Just making sure people know other countries besides the US have engaged in same activities.

Colorado Ryder said:
Never once did I justify US actions based on other countries actions. Just pointed out that other countries are guilty of the same things. Guess you don't like when we point the faults of your lot. Just making sure people know other countries besides the US have engaged in same activities.

Actually by not condemning the actions of those other meddling countries, you're justifying your own country's meddling in other nations.

And no one else from those former imperialist nations, such as France/Britain/German, are in here trying to defend their countries presence in other nations, either.

You on the other hand are trying to justify your country's meddling.

limerickman said:
Actually by not condemning the actions of those other meddling countries, you're justifying your own country's meddling in other nations.

And no one else from those former imperialist nations, such as France/Britain/German, are in here trying to defend their countries presence in other nations, either.

Once again you're wrong. Show me where I've justifed US meddling. I might also point out that you have not condemned the actions of those other nations either. Does that mean you think they were justified?

Colorado Ryder said:
I might also point out that you have not condemned the actions of those other nations either. Does that mean you think they were justified?

Well when someone from those imperialist nations comes in here and starts trying to justify what their country was doing by being present in other nations - I will not hesitate to condemn them.

Colorado Ryder said:
Once again you're wrong. Show me where I've justifed US meddling.

Start at message 22.

limerickman said:

So with your logic....the Irish government did not condemn the Nazis, the Irish government therefore thought the actions of the Nazis were justified.

limerickman said:
Well when someone from those imperialist nations comes in here and starts trying to justify what their country was doing by being present in other nations - I will not hesitate to condemn them.

Start at message 22.
Again show me where I justified meddling. Message 22 says nothing more than your lot is as guilty as the US. I guess you have nothing more to add so you revert to usual behavior. When do you threaten to ban me or start editing my posts?

limerickman said:
Start at message 22.
Let's not leave anything out. Not that you would cherry pick. But lets put it all out for everyone to decide. It appears #19 I explicitly say that it would have been a good idea for nations to not have meddled in the middle east.

Lets look at post #19

"
Colorado Ryder said:
It would have been a good idea if many western and eastern bloc nations not meddled in middle east affairs. Seems that the British, French, Soviets all meddled as well. The British and French were meddling way before 1946.
then #22

Colorado Ryder said:
It doesn't matter if someone is excusing any actions. Wouldn't you want to disclose all the facts or just cherry pick those for your argument?

Sure. Blame American involvement and dismiss any european meddling in the world. European involvement is just as responsible as American involvement in creating the mess that that is the middle east.

Colorado Ryder said:
the Irish government did not condemn the Nazis, the Irish government therefore thought the actions of the Nazis were justified.
Pathetic diversionary debating technique by trying to attack the person rather than the subject matter at hand. Ireland has nothing to do with this discussion on Dubya's war adventure. Limerickman may not even be Irish for what's it worth in this discussion.

sogood said:
Pathetic diversionary debating technique by trying to attack the person rather than the subject matter at hand. Ireland has nothing to do with this discussion on Dubya's war adventure. Limerickman may not even be Irish for what's it worth in this discussion.
What is really pathetic is when you respond without reading all the post.
Read msg #33 and see where Limerickman asks ndbiker why it took the US 2 years to enter the war. I didn't bring up the war ndbiker and limerickman did.

Pathetic is when someone points out that the US has meddled in the middle east since 1946 but conveninently leaves out all the other countries that have meddled in middle east since 1946.

Where did I attack Limerickman? I made no personal insults to him. And Limerickman is Irish. If you read the board you would know that he has not made it a secret. Limerickman wants to bash the US then turnabout is fair play.

sogood said:

I'm Irish, sogood.

But you're right about the diversionary tactic employed.
The fact is that some Americans cannot understand that they're presence in othre countries is not welcome.
They roll out WW2 - as identified by Bro - or they try to justify their countries actions by highlighting the fact that other countries did the same as they do.

No one from any of those countries are attempting to justify their countries presence in other nations.
They have probably come to realise, what some Americans fail to recognise.

Bro Deal said:
Hell yeah. All of Bush's homeland security spending is a waste just for show as long as hundreds of thousands of illiegal aliens run oacros the border every year. The southern border is where some of the money currently being spent in Iraq should be going.
Hey we kind of agree on something. Even after some very out of line remarks regarding Christians. ...hey you forgot to mention that we could expand tax breaks for the residential instalation of solar and wind power . I just put on 6, 4x10' solar thermal pannels on my pool house. Add the 500 gallon storage tank and I will be up to $12,000~. I will get back about $3000 in a tax credit in April. That however is more or less the cap. No PV for me..yet. Take it easy on Christians, your starting to sound like the Klan

Colorado Ryder said:
So with your logic....the Irish government did not condemn the Nazis, the Irish government therefore thought the actions of the Nazis were justified.

My country's goverment didn't condemn either the Allied power or the Axis powers.
My country, as stated several times earlier, was neutral.

limerickman said:
I'm Irish, sogood.

But you're right about the diversionary tactic employed.
The fact is that some Americans cannot understand that they're presence in othre countries is not welcome.
They roll out WW2 - as identified by Bro - or they try to justify their countries actions by highlighting the fact that other countries did the same as they do.

No one from any of those countries are attempting to justify their countries presence in other nations.
They have probably come to realise, what some Americans fail to recognise.
Keep beating the same drum. Sogood believes you. Some people just like to bash the US at any chance they get.