Thanks, Dubya. $1,600,000,000,000

Colorado Ryder said:
Keep beating the same drum. Sogood believes you. Some people just like to bash the US at any chance they get.

Well.
That's what happens when you get people like you, trying to justify their countries meddling in other nations.

limerickman said:
They roll out WW2 - as identified by Bro - or they try to justify their countries actions by highlighting the fact that other countries did the same as they do.
The big laugh here is, given the exposé on all the unprintable human rights abuses by the US at Gutanamo Bay, Abu Ghraib prison, surrogate torture through other jurisdictions and CIA kidnapping flights, I think just about every country out there with a purported human rights problem can use exactly the same excuse to justify their action. So much for the US to lecture any other country on moral standing...

Colorado Ryder said:
Some people just like to bash the US at any chance they get.
You are looking for an exit strategy for your debate failure.

sogood said:
You are looking for an exit strategy for your debate failure.
Oh that was a good one. Yeah that's what I'm doing.
I'm still waiting to be shown where I justified US actions.

And what failure would that be. Here where I explicitly state it would have been good for countries not to interfere. Of course we can blame everything on the US, that way no one else has to answer for their transgressions.

Originally Posted by Colorado Ryder
It would have been a good idea if many western and eastern bloc nations not meddled in middle east affairs. Seems that the British, French, Soviets all meddled as well. The British and French were meddling way before 1946.

limerickman said:
Well.
That's what happens when you get people like you, trying to justify their countries meddling in other nations.
It would have been a good idea if many western and eastern bloc nations not meddled in middle east affairs. Seems that the British, French, Soviets all meddled as well. The British and French were meddling way before 1946.

Try again.

sogood said:
The big laugh here is, given the exposé on all the unprintable human rights abuses by the US at Gutanamo Bay, Abu Ghraib prison, surrogate torture through other jurisdictions and CIA kidnapping flights, I think just about every country out there with a purported human rights problem can use exactly the same excuse to justify their action. So much for the US to lecture any other country on moral standing...
You're right.The US shouldn't lecture. I know the government does though. They've been involved in enough dastardly deeds. But then, there is not one country that can lecture any other country about abuses, since they have all committed them.

Colorado Ryder said:
You're right.The US shouldn't lecture. I know the government does though. They've been involved in enough dastardly deeds. But then, there is not one country that can lecture any other country about abuses, since they have all committed them.
But it's the US that made moral issue a major foreign policy platform for a number of decades, yet can't live by its own word. All made worse by its citizen who tries to blindly defend that position, as if it's some God given right. As pointed out, it's a joke!

Colorado Ryder said:
Oh that was a good one. Yeah that's what I'm doing.
I'm still waiting to be shown where I justified US actions.

And what failure would that be. Here where I explicitly state it would have been good for countries not to interfere. Of course we can blame everything on the US, that way no one else has to answer for their transgressions.

So what other person here, from any nation you care to choose, has stated that what their country did was justified because other countries did similar things?
Can you show me one poster - who posted that sentiment?

You've tried to justify your country's actions by suggesting that other country's did similar things to your country.

That's a cop out mate.

Colorado Ryder said:

Try again.

...........show me the poster, here, who is trying to justify western and eastern block meddling??????
Where is the post on this site, justifying their countries meddling?

The only one here trying to justify their countries meddling is you with regard to your country's meddling.

sogood said:
But it's the US that made moral issue a major foreign policy platform for a number of decades, yet can't live by its own word. All made worse by its citizen who tries to blindly defend that position, as if it's some God given right. As pointed out, it's a joke!

Agreed.

limerickman said:
...........show me the poster, here, who is trying to justify western and eastern block meddling??????

The only one here trying to justify their countries meddling is you with regard to your country's meddling.
I'm from the mighty country of Sealand and will gladly justify our actions against those damn dutch and germans!!!

http://www.sealandgov.org/history.html

sogood said:
So now I'm blindly defending! Are you guys idiots or blind or just prefer to ignore the evidence presented again. And yes I agree that to lecture others when the same actions have been done is wrong.

limerickman said:

Again where did I justify any? Where did I say that anyone else has defended such actions? I believe I said no country has the right to lecture. If your going to try and twist my words at least get it right. And please specifically show where I said I justified US meddling in other countries. If you got something that is different from #19 then show it.

Colorado Ryder said:
the approaches which the southern Irish ports and airfields could so easily have guarded were closed by the hostile aircraft and U-boats. This indeed was a deadly moment in our life, and if it had not been for the loyalty and friendship of Northern Ireland, we should have been forced to come to close quarters with Mr. de Valera, or perish from the earth. However, with a restraint and poise to which, I venture to say, history will find few parallels, His Majesty’s Government never laid a violent hand upon them, though at times it would have been quite easy and quite natural, and we left the de Valera Government to frolic with the German and later with the Japanese representatives to their heart’s content.

Winston Churchill

Interesting that you take a speech made by Prime Minister Winston Churchill, on BBC radio, who in the immediate aftermath of WW11, attempted to condemn my nations decision to remain neutral during WW11.

Of course it is clear that you're neither aware of Churchill's past with regard to British activities in my country, or the circumstances of that speech he made.

I'll put forward the reply from our Taoiseach to Churchill speech - as it answers Churchills point and your scurrillous points better than I ever could

It is indeed fortunate that Britain's necessity did not reach the point when Mr. Churchill would have [invaded Ireland].
All credit to him that he successfully resisted the temptation which, I have not doubt, may times assailed him in his difficulties and to which I freely admit many leaders might have easily succumbed.
It is indeed hard for the strong to be just to the weak, but acting justly always has its rewards.

By resisting his temptation in this instance, Mr. Churchill, instead of adding another horrid chapter to the already bloodstained record of the relations between England and this country, has advanced the cause of international morality an important step-one of the most important, indeed, that can be taken on the road to the establishment of any sure basis for peace. . .

Mr. Churchill is proud of Britain's stand alone, after France had fallen and before America entered the War.
Could he not find in his heart the generosity to acknowledge that there is a small nation that stood alone not for one year or two, but for several hundred years against aggression; that endured spoliation's, famines, massacres in endless succession; that was clubbed many times into insensibility, but that each time on returning consciousness took up the fight anew; a small nation that could never be got to accept defeat and has never surrendered her soul?

Mr. Churchill is justly proud of his nation's perseverance against heavy odds. But we in this island are still prouder of our people's perseverance for
freedom through all the centuries. We, of our time, have played our part in the perseverance, and we have pledged our selves to the dead generations who have preserved intact for us this glorious heritage, that we, too, will strive to be faithful to the end, and pass on this tradition unblemished.

Colorado Ryder said:
The returning Irish volunteers returned to indifference or even hostility. On the whole they saw themselves as defending Ireland as well as Britain and supported Irish neutrality. However, after the end of the war, United States personnel were allowed to wear their uniforms in Ireland, but not those who had served in the British forces. In addition, the Irish government cancelled the Remembrance Day march. Special legislation was introduced so that the 4000 Irish soldiers who had deserted to Britain (most after there was any threat to Irish neutrality) suffered additional punishment on their return. Opinions in the Republic on the Irish volunteers remain somewhat divided and the issue remains sensitive for many. For many years they were not recognised by the Irish Government;

It took till 1995 for the Irish government to recognize the Irish that did fight in WW2. Why did it take 50 years to recognize that?

Those who joined the British Army, from my country, didn't suffer any punishment whatsoever on their return from WW11.
In fact, the general publics view was supportive of their decision to join the Allies.

At political level, no memorial/rememberance services for either WW1 or WW2
took place because as a nation, we were a neutral in both conflicts.

Colorado Ryder said:
Are you equating King George with Adolf ******?

I'm equating the fact that our Taoiseach signed a book of condolence for Adolf ****** and 8 years later he also signed a book of condolence for king George VI.

Colorado Ryder said:
Again where did I justify any?

By trying to equate the actions of other nations who meddled - as a means of exonerating your country's meddling.
In message 19 - and various subsequent messages.

Colorado Ryder said:
Where did I say that anyone else has defended such actions?

I didn't suggest that you said that anyone else has defended such actions.

I did suggest that only you, as someone from a nation who has interferred with other nations, has tried to justify what your country has done and is doing, here on this site.

No other member on this site from any country, accused of meddling by you or others, has attempted to justify their countries alleged meddling.
(excet FScyclist and Sealand, of course).

of course if you can provide me with a post where any other member here has justified his country's meddling in other countries - that might help to vindicate you.

Colorado Ryder said:
If your going to try and twist my words at least get it right.

Your words, are your words.
They don't need twisting - they speak for themselves.

Colorado Ryder said:
So now I'm blindly defending! Are you guys idiots or blind...
I see. Your patriotic duties to defend your country's reputation on an internet forum has resulted in the use colourful language. Guess what words did those American Abu Ghraib prison guards use on their civilian prisoners?

shoesperfect said:
www.shoes-perfect.com main sell fashion clothing,footwear,handbags,hats,ect,
Our company is professional and good reputation in China
our customers are mainly USA,UK, ITALY, France, Canada, Australia, Danmark, German.I hope I can know more businessmen to expand our business.
Our products are high quality,but low price,make sure you will be glad to have a look at our website: www.shoes-perfect.com or contact with me free
my MSN: [email protected]
email: [email protected]

Tell me you find no irony in this post,in regard to this thread ,that is.

jhuskey said:
Tell me you find no irony in this post,in regard to this thread ,that is.
Do work on commission with these guys jhusk? Because I've never spent so much time analyzing an advertisement before, after your request.:rolleyes:

Crankyfeet said:
Do work on commission with these guys jhusk? Because I've never spent so much time analyzing an advertisement before, after your request.:rolleyes:

Ok' I will start suppling a discalaimer and instructions. Do not over analyze next step go to the refrigertaor and grab a beer..............