Thanks for all your help

linck

Dec 31, 2006
Well I continued riding after my crappy riding day, using some of your advice. I kept my cadence at an avg of 100 to 110 rpms, over the following week. It took some getting used to but after a couple days it began to feel normal. I took a two day rest break and then went for a LSD ride, I planned on going thirty miles but I had some PB&j and a bannana, with two bottles of water, and I felt good so I ended up going fifty miles. Not quite on purpose. I was just riding having fun, when I looked down at thhen ODO and I was 24 miles out. well I figured that two more mile would not kill me, so i went to the 25 mark and turned around and home I went. After the ride I cooled down and streched like a good runner would do. I felt tired and worn out but not exhausted. my average speed was 18.2mph, for that ride my avg cadence was 107. Lessons learned.... spinning in a easier gear lets you go longer, eating on the ride gives you more energy (though a little messy with the bannana), and not drinking two much is vital. Listen to my thirst meter, and don't over hydrate. Bloats your stomache. Now granted I won't be riding 50 miles all the time usually only 20 to 30 on any given ride, but it feels good to reach that mark. Well thanks again for all the help now I just need to ride with a group so I can learn that aspect of the game.

Glad we could help. You'll get the hang of eating a banana on the go.:D