Thanks for the butt-kicking everyone-I lost 35 lbs!

neilkod

Sep 8, 2003
Remember me? Well, a lot of you have inspired me to take a look into the mirror and realize that I'm eating too damn much. I started paying a lot more attention to calories in, and you all were right. I've made a few small changes and the weight is just melting away. Even better, I'm doing this while my weekly miles are way down due to lack of daylight and group rides.

Since late september or early october, I've been a lot more picky about what goes into my body. I'm using some techniques from The Lose Weight Diet and the Hacker's Diet. I'm not really *dieting*, but rather just far more aware about the calories in part. A lot of these changes have become habit now.

A few changes I've made
- 275-300 calorie breakfast smoothie EVERY morning. 8oz Soy Milk + protein powder + fruits/peanut butter
- Eliminated sugar from my coffee
- bye bye cheese (I hardly miss it)
- avoid bread pretty much at all costs.
- look for low-calorie options when eating out
- try to keep calories in about 1800-2000. I'm still pretty active with the bike + basketball.

I haven't been counting calories, just approximating. And I'm getting results.

Yes, a lot of this is common sense but new to me. I used to think that because of riding, I could eat whatever I wanted to and it would just magically burn off. Well it didn't.

Thanks to all of you who participated in my thread. You were the motivation I was needing. I just can't wait to show up for the '07 group rides 40 or 50 lbs lighter than I was in 06.

Before and after pics coming soon. Still working on the after. Hopefully someone else will find this as their motivation.

neilkod said:
Remember me? Well, a lot of you have inspired me to take a look into the mirror and realize that I'm eating too damn much. I started paying a lot more attention to calories in, and you all were right. I've made a few small changes and the weight is just melting away. Even better, I'm doing this while my weekly miles are way down due to lack of daylight and group rides.

Since late september or early october, I've been a lot more picky about what goes into my body. I'm using some techniques from The Lose Weight Diet and the Hacker's Diet. I'm not really *dieting*, but rather just far more aware about the calories in part. A lot of these changes have become habit now.

A few changes I've made
- 275-300 calorie breakfast smoothie EVERY morning. 8oz Soy Milk + protein powder + fruits/peanut butter
- Eliminated sugar from my coffee
- bye bye cheese (I hardly miss it)
- avoid bread pretty much at all costs.
- look for low-calorie options when eating out
- try to keep calories in about 1800-2000. I'm still pretty active with the bike + basketball.

I haven't been counting calories, just approximating. And I'm getting results.

Yes, a lot of this is common sense but new to me. I used to think that because of riding, I could eat whatever I wanted to and it would just magically burn off. Well it didn't.

Thanks to all of you who participated in my thread. You were the motivation I was needing. I just can't wait to show up for the '07 group rides 40 or 50 lbs lighter than I was in 06.

Before and after pics coming soon. Still working on the after. Hopefully someone else will find this as their motivation.
Congrats...

Jim

Good for you! *Those smoothies are great in the morning, I have one 5 days a week!

* note sarcasm about enjoying smoothie.