Thanks for the shoe recommendations, news group!

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Dick, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. Dick

    Dick Guest

    A couple of years ago I wanted to get back into it and came here to for shoe recommendations for my
    over-pronating feet. (Ended up going with Brooks Addictions and have not regretted my choice. YMMV.
    The other recommendations would have been good also, I'm sure. Also, I use orthotic inserts with
    them now.)

    Another good recommendation was that shoe store up in the SF Valley (Southern California area).
    Can't remember the name of it, but it has a Greek name. They let customers try out different shoes
    in the parking lot.

    You all would probably laugh heartily at the paltry distances I run, but *man* do I feel good! And I
    never expected to have this good of a "bod" at this age! (That is a good feeling in itself.) Running
    is good for my attitude.

    My bicycle has been sitting in the garage with flat tires and cob webs.

    Tags:

  2. > And I never expected to have this good of a "bod" at this age!

    <gag-choke> Pleeeeeeeeease! I was doing ok until that part...

    Bill R.

    =============> - -- - ( o ) ( o )
    OO ?
    >-----<

  3. Amh

    Amh Guest

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 23:37:54 GMT, "Dick" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >You all would probably laugh heartily at the paltry distances I run, but *man* do I feel good! And
    >I never expected to have this good of a "bod" at this age! (That is a good feeling in itself.)
    >Running is good for my attitude.

    Since there are others here who call the mileage I do laughable far be it from me to laugh at
    other's mileage. Especially when it is working for you.

    Running does your outlook good. To hell with how many miles you run.

    >My bicycle has been sitting in the garage with flat tires and cob webs.

    Such a shame. Bicycling is such a wonderful activity. I'd sooner stop running than let my bicycles
    gather dust and cobwebs.

    To each their own. Andy

  4. Tony

    Tony Guest

    "Dick" <[email protected]> wrote in message news (snip)

    That's something that Bill-always-hard-Rodgers is used to: thanks from a Dick!

  5. >thanks from a Dick!

    I thought you were more the peckerhead type.

    Bill R.

    OO ?