Thanks, Jerk!

OoAmericanGirl

Aug 2, 2006
My first post and I complain :p

I was riding a paved trail today and I've been doing pretty good, I'm finishing up my 50mi afternoon ride when these two guys sprint past me. Shortly they must have run out of gas because I easily passed one of them huffing and the other looked like he was getting ready to pull off the trail. He kickd on foot out of the pedal (he was going maybe 14mph) and then took the other foot out and as I passed he started weaving and kicking his feet around and then he swerved into me and hit my shin with the bottom of his cleat! Thanks for the big welt fella! :mad:

Ug
Sorry venting.. :D

50mi afternoon ride? You say it like it's a trip around the block. Sorry that happened to you, but this is a good place to vent:D I hope he reads this forum.

I usually ride all day long when I go to the trail and I just kind of slacked around and didn't start until about 1pm. It's not easy but it's definately not my best, sorry to sound arrogant :D

OoAmericanGirl said:
I usually ride all day long when I go to the trail and I just kind of slacked around and didn't start until about 1pm. It's not easy but it's definately not my best, sorry to sound arrogant :D
Too bad you just can't press a button and have a lightening bolt strike him.

You weren't sounding arrogant at all, I was just saying that 50 miles is a long ride, at least to me. I do 22 miles a day, 4 days a week on my commute to work, then whatever recreational riding on the weekends. I've never rode more than 30 miles at one time, so 50 is like a magical number.

Yea 30 is good, when I started off 10 was a big deal to me. There are soo many people that would drop dead after 5!
I ride all the time so I keep increasing my distance because I sign up for these 65mi rides so I can push myself. I've yet to do a centruy, and I will one day. I just don't think I'm going to get up earily to do it though.

If you can ride 65 miles then you should be able to make a century. 100 miles is as much mental as it is physical. You do need to know your body and maintain a pace. Good luck

OoAmericanGirl said:
He kickd on foot out of the pedal (he was going maybe 14mph) and then took the other foot out and as I passed he started weaving and kicking his feet around and then he swerved into me and hit my shin with the bottom of his cleat!
Doesn't make sense, was he suffering cramps or something?

OoAmericanGirl said:
Ug
Sorry venting.. :D
You should have responded with a cutting remark that belittled his manhood and worthiness to even ride a bike since they probably sprinted past you trying to show off.

Curious: did you make your pass obvious by sounding out, Passing on the left?

I do that all the time, and many people pass me without a word. Whenever I see someone that seems unpredicatable, I sound it out loudly to catch their attention. I only had one close call recently. This guy on a cruiser bike is tooling along and obviously listening to music with headphones on. I sounded out loudly and just as I'm passing, this guy starts drifting to the left side of the trail. I did pass without touching, but that guy was dangerous.

OoAmericanGirl said:
He kickd on foot out of the pedal (he was going maybe 14mph) and then took the other foot out and as I passed he started weaving and kicking his feet around and then he swerved into me and hit my shin with the bottom of his cleat! Thanks for the big welt fella! :mad:
Ooh sounds like the bugger was trying to blame cramps on his inability to hold pace!