Thanks TIME!

Jon Bond

Guest
Great customer support. Complained about breaking those stupid plastic cleat plates, asked if maybe
it was something with my shoes or pedals - no, just hitting stuff. oops.

Either way, I got these in the mail today:

http://www.pbase.com/image/17464691

Thanks Time! Those things are like $7 a piece (as one LBS put it, "The most expensive piece of cheap
plastic ever")

Jon Bond

"Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Great customer support. Complained about breaking those stupid plastic cleat plates, asked if
> maybe it was something with my shoes or pedals -
no,
> just hitting stuff. oops.
>
> Either way, I got these in the mail today:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/17464691
>
> Thanks Time! Those things are like $7 a piece (as one LBS put it, "The
most
> expensive piece of cheap plastic ever")
>
> Jon Bond

Same problem here too, Jon. By the way, did you email them, or did you find a number someone
would actually answer. My biggest gripe with Time has been their lack of a US support location,
but maybe that has changed since I last tried to contact them? Glad you got such great service.
The pedals certainly are worthy of it.
--
Off to ride the mountains, Dale Heath To reply, poke out my eye.

"D Heath" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Great customer support. Complained about breaking those stupid plastic cleat plates, asked if
> > maybe it was something with my shoes or pedals -
> no,
> > just hitting stuff. oops.
> >
> > Either way, I got these in the mail today:
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/17464691
> >
> > Thanks Time! Those things are like $7 a piece (as one LBS put it, "The
> most
> > expensive piece of cheap plastic ever")
> >
> > Jon Bond
>
> Same problem here too, Jon. By the way, did you email them, or did you find a number someone
> would actually answer. My biggest gripe with Time
has
> been their lack of a US support location, but maybe that has changed since
> last tried to contact them? Glad you got such great service. The pedals certainly are worthy of
it.
> --
> Off to ride the mountains, Dale Heath To reply, poke out my eye.

Emailed. Here's the address: [email protected]

And my initial email:
> Referencing the part that fits over the springs, with the cutouts for the squre wires that engage
> the cleats - the part the cleat sits on, and is printed with "TIME ATAC". The orange part on
> normal times, although these are the composite version.
>
> I've recently broken three of these - two on one pedal, one on the other. One of them broke within
> 4 rides after installation, at the same spot as
the
> other one - the inside front corner. I'm not sure if this is from hitting them on rocks, but I
> don't do that too much - seems I did it a lot more before, and didn't have any problems then.
>
> Is there any reason those plastic pieces are breaking so much? Could this be a sign of cleat wear,
> maybe? I'm using Shimano shoes, fairly high end ones, so I don't think its the shoe's fault.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jon Bond

They actually clip right in. You just kinda pry 'em out with a screwdriver (if they're not badly
broken, don't bother - only if they're popped up or squeaking, because half the time its gonna break
it prying it up). They've got a little circular clip that engages something in the middle of the
pedal. Super easy to replace, just expensive for a piece of plastic!

Jon Bond

"D H" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Emailed. Here's the address: [email protected]
>
> Been away from the computer a bit, but thanks for the help and extra info, Jon. I think I'll
> try for some help for mine. I think I only have
one

"Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:xa5Fa.924720$Zo.211906@sccrnsc03...
> They actually clip right in. You just kinda pry 'em out with a
screwdriver
> (if they're not badly broken, don't bother - only if they're popped up or squeaking, because half
> the time its gonna break it prying it up).
They've
> got a little circular clip that engages something in the middle of the pedal. Super easy to
> replace, just expensive for a piece of plastic!
>
> Jon Bond

Great help, Jon. Maybe I'll live with it a while longer, since it is either not too noisy, or
else the rest of the noise is drowning it out! :) Thanks again.
--
Off to ride the mountains, Dale Heath Reply to newsgroup. Spam is out of control.