Thanks TIME!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jon Bond, Jun 4, 2003.

  1. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    Great customer support. Complained about breaking those stupid plastic cleat plates, asked if maybe
    it was something with my shoes or pedals - no, just hitting stuff. oops.

    Either way, I got these in the mail today:

    http://www.pbase.com/image/17464691

    Thanks Time! Those things are like $7 a piece (as one LBS put it, "The most expensive piece of cheap
    plastic ever")

    Jon Bond

    Tags:

  2. D Heath

    D Heath Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Great customer support. Complained about breaking those stupid plastic cleat plates, asked if
    > maybe it was something with my shoes or pedals -
    no,
    > just hitting stuff. oops.
    >
    > Either way, I got these in the mail today:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/17464691
    >
    > Thanks Time! Those things are like $7 a piece (as one LBS put it, "The
    most
    > expensive piece of cheap plastic ever")
    >
    > Jon Bond

    Same problem here too, Jon. By the way, did you email them, or did you find a number someone
    would actually answer. My biggest gripe with Time has been their lack of a US support location,
    but maybe that has changed since I last tried to contact them? Glad you got such great service.
    The pedals certainly are worthy of it.
    --
    Off to ride the mountains, Dale Heath To reply, poke out my eye.

  3. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "D Heath" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Great customer support. Complained about breaking those stupid plastic cleat plates, asked if
    > > maybe it was something with my shoes or pedals -
    > no,
    > > just hitting stuff. oops.
    > >
    > > Either way, I got these in the mail today:
    > >
    > > http://www.pbase.com/image/17464691
    > >
    > > Thanks Time! Those things are like $7 a piece (as one LBS put it, "The
    > most
    > > expensive piece of cheap plastic ever")
    > >
    > > Jon Bond
    >
    > Same problem here too, Jon. By the way, did you email them, or did you find a number someone
    > would actually answer. My biggest gripe with Time
    has
    > been their lack of a US support location, but maybe that has changed since
    > last tried to contact them? Glad you got such great service. The pedals certainly are worthy of
    it.
    > --
    > Off to ride the mountains, Dale Heath To reply, poke out my eye.

    Emailed. Here's the address: [email protected]

    And my initial email:
    > Referencing the part that fits over the springs, with the cutouts for the squre wires that engage
    > the cleats - the part the cleat sits on, and is printed with "TIME ATAC". The orange part on
    > normal times, although these are the composite version.
    >
    > I've recently broken three of these - two on one pedal, one on the other. One of them broke within
    > 4 rides after installation, at the same spot as
    the
    > other one - the inside front corner. I'm not sure if this is from hitting them on rocks, but I
    > don't do that too much - seems I did it a lot more before, and didn't have any problems then.
    >
    > Is there any reason those plastic pieces are breaking so much? Could this be a sign of cleat wear,
    > maybe? I'm using Shimano shoes, fairly high end ones, so I don't think its the shoe's fault.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Jon Bond

  4. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    They actually clip right in. You just kinda pry 'em out with a screwdriver (if they're not badly
    broken, don't bother - only if they're popped up or squeaking, because half the time its gonna break
    it prying it up). They've got a little circular clip that engages something in the middle of the
    pedal. Super easy to replace, just expensive for a piece of plastic!

    Jon Bond

    "D H" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Emailed. Here's the address: [email protected]
    >
    > Been away from the computer a bit, but thanks for the help and extra info, Jon. I think I'll
    > try for some help for mine. I think I only have
    one
    > broken at present. By the way, what adhesive did you use, and has it held up fine?
    > --
    > Off to ride the mountains, Dale Heath Reply to newsgroup. Spam is out of control.
    >

    > > And my initial email:
    > > > Referencing the part that fits over the springs, with the cutouts for
    > the
    > > > squre wires that engage the cleats - the part the cleat sits on, and
    is
    > > > printed with "TIME ATAC". The orange part on normal times, although
    > these
    > > > are the composite version.
    > > >
    > > > I've recently broken three of these - two on one pedal, one on the
    > other.
    > > > One of them broke within 4 rides after installation, at the same spot
    as
    > > the
    > > > other one - the inside front corner. I'm not sure if this is from
    > hitting
    > > > them on rocks, but I don't do that too much - seems I did it a lot
    more
    > > > before, and didn't have any problems then.
    > > >
    > > > Is there any reason those plastic pieces are breaking so much? Could
    > this
    > > > be a sign of cleat wear, maybe? I'm using Shimano shoes, fairly high
    > end
    > > > ones, so I don't think its the shoe's fault.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks!
    > > >
    > > > Jon Bond

  5. D H

    D H Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > They actually clip right in. You just kinda pry 'em out with a
    screwdriver
    > (if they're not badly broken, don't bother - only if they're popped up or squeaking, because half
    > the time its gonna break it prying it up).
    They've
    > got a little circular clip that engages something in the middle of the pedal. Super easy to
    > replace, just expensive for a piece of plastic!
    >
    > Jon Bond

    Great help, Jon. Maybe I'll live with it a while longer, since it is either not too noisy, or
    else the rest of the noise is drowning it out! :) Thanks again.
    --
    Off to ride the mountains, Dale Heath Reply to newsgroup. Spam is out of control.