Thanks to all the have visited rec.climbing!

Rockstar

Guest
Its great having so many of you visit our wonderful climbing newgroup.

You will learn all kinds of interesting things about rock climbing.

Bolts and Bolting.
How to chop bolts
How to use a power drill.
What breakfast is best before a grade five day climb.
Why Daff dome is so dangerous
Halloweeny Parties at Joshua
The man that be Dingus the Milktoast
How to spell out rescue with bear cans.
How NASA is putting your money to good use.
What to say if you be caught bandit camping in El Cap Meadow.
Best places in Yosemite to have sex
The hate that is Lord Slime
Why President Bush was the correct choice for President.
Why I now buy Steak dinners for my friends from Ohio.
Why Sport climbing is not really climbing at all.
How to use a dead cat for protection.
How to pick up girls at climbing gyms.
How to use wooden stake pegs for anchors in loose soil.
How to pick the correct line on the DNB.
Why the DNB is such a stout Beer.
How to not get hooked.
What to do if you are hooked.
How to get yourself a trad coed UCLA 19yr EE climbing partner for
summer.
What Curry girls are really looking for on a first date?

It goes on and on.

You guys can be helped. Do you think that woman in the bar is going to
be more impressed when you tell her you just soloed the Mescalito on
Half Dome, or that you just rode down from Redbox on a $3000 bike.

Its good for one to have new experiances. Maybe some of you will get
into technical trad rockclimbing as a result of this wonderful exchange
of ideas.

I would love to see you all out on the crags next summer testing your
skills on vertical walls of Granite in Yosemite. Your bikes rusting as
you asscend the 3000 ft cliff of granite that be the Nose of El Cap.

Or testing your skill with a solo of the Prow on the column that is
Washington.

Or firing up the Astroman. Or free soloing the flower of high rank.

If any of you are interested in learning to rock climb feel free to join
us at Stoney Point Bouldering on Wed nights in the summer.

Love and Kisses

Rockstar

Rockster says:

>You will learn all kinds of interesting things about rock climbing.

<snip>

>How to spell out rescue with bear cans.

One thing you can be sure of on alt.mountain-bike is: You will learn how to
spell "BEER" correctly ;-P

Steve

>> How to spell out rescue with bear cans.

> One thing you can be sure of on alt.mountain-bike is: You will learn
> how to spell "BEER" correctly ;-P

I was thinking he misspelled "bare".

"Chris Phillipo"

> We already have women. It required a minimal amount of climbing to get
> them.

Which supports my observation that mt. biking males generally are pretty
dull (as in 1 consumer purchase away from sitting on the couch with a cheap
beer, watching some game on TV), making their generally smart and ambitious
women an easy take for climbing males. Biking women tend to be athletic
enough to climb and travel in the mountains with their new suitor, yet saner
than the typical climbing female due to their connection with the
mainstream.

- Nate

"Rockstar" <[email protected]> wrote <SNIP>

Just curious as to why everybody is getting in such a hissy fit over
climbing vs. riding. Who gives a flying rats ass? I've never climbed, but
have been riding for 15 years now. The only reason I have come over to to
this newsgroup is because one of your members (Rockstar) either has way too
much time on his hand or has an alcohol comsumption problem and somehow
found his way over to alt.mountain-bike. The two sports are entirely
different.

"Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "Rockstar" <[email protected]> wrote <SNIP>
>
> Just curious as to why everybody is getting in such a hissy fit over
> climbing vs. riding. Who gives a flying rats ass? I've never climbed,
> but have been riding for 15 years now. The only reason I have come over
> to to this newsgroup is because one of your members (Rockstar) either has
> way too much time on his hand or has an alcohol comsumption problem and
> somehow found his way over to alt.mountain-bike. The two sports are
> entirely different.

It's not so much the climbing as the being a jackass.

cc

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <Dm5td.200616$hj.42362@fed1read07>, [email protected]
> says...
>> Subject: Re: Thanks to all the have visited rec.climbing!
>> From: "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]>
>> Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike, rec.climbing
>>

>> "Rockstar" <[email protected]> wrote <SNIP>
>>
>> Just curious as to why everybody is getting in such a hissy fit over
>> climbing vs. riding. Who gives a flying rats ass? I've never climbed,
>> but
>> have been riding for 15 years now. The only reason I have come over to
>> this newsgroup is because one of your members (Rockstar) either has way
>> too
>> much time on his hand or has an alcohol comsumption problem and somehow
>> found his way over to alt.mountain-bike. The two sports are entirely
>> different.
>>

> The hissy fit is aimed at the hissy, he just happens to be a climber
> hippy.
> --
> _________________________
> Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
> http://www.ramsays-online.com

I'm curious as to why everyone else in this NG is jumping on Cockstar's
bandwagon. Nobody at AM-B directed anything at anyone else other than him,
but it's a bit different over here.

> "Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> In article <Dm5td.200616$hj.42362@fed1read07>, [email protected]
>> says...
>>> Subject: Re: Thanks to all the have visited rec.climbing!
>>> From: "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]>
>>> Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike, rec.climbing
>>>

>>> "Rockstar" <[email protected]> wrote <SNIP>
>>>
>>> Just curious as to why everybody is getting in such a hissy fit over
>>> climbing vs. riding. Who gives a flying rats ass? I've never climbed,
>>> but
>>> have been riding for 15 years now. The only reason I have come over to
>>> this newsgroup is because one of your members (Rockstar) either has way
>>> too
>>> much time on his hand or has an alcohol comsumption problem and somehow
>>> found his way over to alt.mountain-bike. The two sports are entirely
>>> different.
>>>

>> The hissy fit is aimed at the hissy, he just happens to be a climber
>> hippy.
>> --
>> _________________________
>> Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
>> http://www.ramsays-online.com

> I'm curious as to why everyone else in this NG is jumping on Cockstar's
> bandwagon. Nobody at AM-B directed anything at anyone else other than
> him, but it's a bit different over here.

Oops. I didn't notice that this was being cross-posted to AM-B. You can
tell I have been absent for awhile, my apologies. The question I posed was
directed at the individuals of rec.climbing, not to anyone over here at
AM-B. Again, my apologies.

CG

"Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote

> I'm curious as to why everyone else in this NG is jumping on Cockstar's
> bandwagon. Nobody at AM-B directed anything at anyone else other than

him,
> but it's a bit different over here.

We like him in an odd Howard Hughes sort of way.

Did you know he REALLY IS a rockstar??? While he hasn't cut a new CD in over
a decade, he doesn't need to.

True. See if you can guess which one!

(hint) - think 80's big hair heavy metal)

DMT

Chris Glidden wrote:
> "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> "Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> In article <Dm5td.200616$hj.42362@fed1read07>,
>>> [email protected] says...

>>> The hissy fit is aimed at the hissy, he just happens to be a climber
>>> hippy.
>>> --
>>> _________________________
>>> Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
>>> http://www.ramsays-online.com

>> I'm curious as to why everyone else in this NG is jumping on
>> Cockstar's bandwagon. Nobody at AM-B directed anything at anyone
>> else other than him, but it's a bit different over here.

> Oops. I didn't notice that this was being cross-posted to AM-B. You
> can tell I have been absent for awhile, my apologies. The question I
> posed was directed at the individuals of rec.climbing, not to anyone
> over here at AM-B. Again, my apologies.
>
> CG

Really now.. we were wondering just which ng you were referring to.

~penny ( one of those smart ambitious mountainbiking women....)

.... and this pertains to mountain biking how ?

Rockstar, did the folks in your climbing group encourage you to go
elsewhere, or are we just lucky?

"Rockstar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> You will learn all kinds of interesting things about rock climbing.

<snip a big list of stuff important only to Rockstar>

> Love and Kisses

Gee I feel a lot better now.

> Did you know he REALLY IS a rockstar??? While he hasn't cut a new CD
> in over a decade, he doesn't need to.

Is Tiny Tim still dead?

"small change" <[email protected]> wrote >
> Really now.. we were wondering just which ng you were referring to.
>
> ~penny ( one of those smart ambitious mountainbiking women....)

Me feeling quite the dumbass newb. Gott get back in the swing of things.
By the way Penny, I did not forget about sending you a postcard from New
Zealand, we just had to turn around and come right back. We had been there
just 4 days when we got word that my mother had passed on. I'll get you
next time.

Chris Glidden wrote:
> "small change" <[email protected]> wrote >
>> Really now.. we were wondering just which ng you were referring to.
>>
>> ~penny ( one of those smart ambitious mountainbiking women....)
>>

> Me feeling quite the dumbass newb. Gott get back in the swing of
> things. By the way Penny, I did not forget about sending you a
> postcard from New Zealand, we just had to turn around and come right
> back. We had been there just 4 days when we got word that my mother
> had passed on. I'll get you next time.

no worries.... I have a wall plastered with them.

"small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Chris Glidden wrote:
>> "small change" <[email protected]> wrote >
>>> Really now.. we were wondering just which ng you were referring to.
>>>
>>> ~penny ( one of those smart ambitious mountainbiking women....)
>>>

>> Me feeling quite the dumbass newb. Gott get back in the swing of
>> things. By the way Penny, I did not forget about sending you a
>> postcard from New Zealand, we just had to turn around and come right
>> back. We had been there just 4 days when we got word that my mother
>> had passed on. I'll get you next time.

> no worries.... I have a wall plastered with them.
>

> 1¢

I'll save it for when we go somewhere very exotic then. I'm happy to see
you (and all the other long time AM-Br's) still around.

Chris Glidden wrote:
> "small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Chris Glidden wrote:
>>> "small change" <[email protected]> wrote >

>>> Me feeling quite the dumbass newb. Gott get back in the swing of
>>> things. By the way Penny, I did not forget about sending you a
>>> postcard from New Zealand, we just had to turn around and come right
>>> back. We had been there just 4 days when we got word that my mother
>>> had passed on. I'll get you next time.

>> no worries.... I have a wall plastered with them.
>>

>> 1¢
>>

> I'll save it for when we go somewhere very exotic then. I'm happy to
> see you (and all the other long time AM-Br's) still around.

I think my favorite is one from a client, from Tengboche Monastary in Nepal,
on the way up to Everest... can't get much more exotic than that!!

P.

"DingusMilktoast" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>> I'm curious as to why everyone else in this NG is jumping on Cockstar's
>> bandwagon. Nobody at AM-B directed anything at anyone else other than

> him,
>> but it's a bit different over here.

> We like him in an odd Howard Hughes sort of way.
>
> Did you know he REALLY IS a rockstar??? While he hasn't cut a new CD in
> over
> a decade, he doesn't need to.
>
> True. See if you can guess which one!
>
> (hint) - think 80's big hair heavy metal)
>
> DMT

Dee Snider

DingusMilktoast wrote in message ...

>"Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>> I'm curious as to why everyone else in this NG is jumping on Cockstar's
>> bandwagon. Nobody at AM-B directed anything at anyone else other than

>him,
>> but it's a bit different over here.

>We like him in an odd Howard Hughes sort of way.
>
>Did you know he REALLY IS a rockstar??? While he hasn't cut a new CD in

over
>a decade, he doesn't need to.
>
>True. See if you can guess which one!
>
>(hint) - think 80's big hair heavy metal)
>
>DMT

Your Joking! Your telling me Rockstar is really Alice Cooper! I'm a big
fan. Does he still bite the heads off snakes? So many questions and so
little time? Does he accept fan mail?

Mike

Mr. T wrote:

>I'm Jeff Batten, yes I'm the real Batten
>Yeah that's my thread that you just got caught in
>So won't the real Jeff Batten please stand up,
>please stand up, please stand up?
>
>I'm Jeff Batten, yes I'm the real Batten
>You got hit by my **** that's the sound of that splattin'
>So won't the real Jeff Batten please stand up,
>please stand up, please stand up?
>
>Whoops wrong genre nevermind.

it's not as much of a reach as you think ... my roommate that's (STILL)
into all that 80's hair band **** (believe it or not) loves that
ridiculous eminem **** as well. guess it's complimentary in some way I
haven't yet discovered. either that or he's got no new albums he can
buy and is branching out.

bri

--

* enjoying the karma *