Thanks to Gary from VA!

Jonathan Bond

Guest
HUGE props to Gary! He provided me with some like-new Sora shifters for the team bike that I've
claimed as mine until and unless I get a road bike of my own. All I wanted were some old beat up 8
speed downtube shifters, but he came through with these beauts!

I was going to post pictures of them all mounted, but the bike is still not 100% together - finals
interupted everything. They're on the bike, but not really connected to anything ;)

Thanks a lot Gary! I'll get that Marzocchi hat and t-shirt off to you within the next couple of
weeks. I've got so much stuff due/to
do/packed/to pack that I probably won't be able to get it out before I get home.

Thanks again, they'll be put to good use! Both on training rides, and maybe commuting to the bike
shop for work a couple times a week to save some gas money.

Jon Bond

> HUGE props to Gary! He provided me with some like-new Sora shifters for the team bike that I've
> claimed as mine until and unless I get a road bike of my own. All I wanted were some old beat up 8
> speed downtube shifters, but he came through with these beauts!
>
> I was going to post pictures of them all mounted, but the bike is still not 100% together - finals
> interupted everything. They're on the bike, but not really connected to anything ;)
>
> Thanks a lot Gary! I'll get that Marzocchi hat and t-shirt off to you within the next couple of
> weeks. I've got so much stuff due/to
> do/packed/to pack that I probably won't be able to get it out before I get home.
>
> Thanks again, they'll be put to good use! Both on training rides, and maybe commuting to the bike
> shop for work a couple times a week to save some gas money.
>
> Jon Bond

That's awesome!

Now, with all this good will flowing in here, surely someone has a brand new 2003 Turner DHR frame
just laying around looking for a good home or at least a Shiver.....come-on guys.....really......I'm
broke and can't afford to buy one right now.
--
Slacker - cawf it up!

Jonathan Bond wrote:

> HUGE props to Gary! He provided me with some like-new Sora shifters for the team bike that I've
> claimed as mine until and unless I get a road bike of my own. All I wanted were some old beat up 8
> speed downtube shifters, but he came through with these beauts!

Aint' he great!?!?!?!

The Barcons my Beer'Cross are sporting came from down VA way.

BTW, Gary did you get that stinky package? I'm putting together another as I clean the basement and
come across like items. whas there anythign in there you found particularly tasty? That C&D Pirate
Cake was one of my favorites......

"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| HUGE props to Gary! He provided me with some like-new Sora shifters for the team bike that I've
| claimed as mine until and unless I get a road bike of my own. All I wanted were some old beat up 8
| speed downtube shifters, but he came through with these beauts!
|
| I was going to post pictures of them all mounted, but the bike is still not 100% together - finals
| interupted everything. They're on the bike, but not really connected to anything ;)
|
| Thanks a lot Gary! I'll get that Marzocchi hat and t-shirt off to you within the next couple of
| weeks. I've got so much stuff due/to
| do/packed/to pack that I probably won't be able to get it out before I get home.
|
| Thanks again, they'll be put to good use! Both on training rides, and maybe commuting to the bike
| shop for work a couple times a week to save some gas money.

Say what you like about Roadies, but one guy has been more than good to me. My wife's bike's
drivetrain came almost whole from that guy's first road bike (Sora-in place of exage300 with roadie
gripshift) and later he paid me for performing the upgrade on his current bike (to Dura-Ace) by
giving me the almost new 105 stuff that came with the machine.

---
http://intergalax.com

Release Date: 4/24/2003

Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote

> HUGE props to Gary! He provided me with some like-new Sora shifters for the team bike that I've
> claimed as mine until and unless I get a road bike of my own. All I wanted were some old beat up 8
> speed downtube shifters, but he came through with these beauts!

Yeah, Commander, but what are you doing with your tax refund? ;-)

You should be going SS on the road bike anyway...

CC

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote
>
>>HUGE props to Gary! He provided me with some like-new Sora shifters for the team bike that I've
>>claimed as mine until and unless I get a road bike of my own. All I wanted were some old beat up 8
>>speed downtube shifters, but he came through with these beauts!
>

> Yeah, Commander, but what are you doing with your tax refund? ;-)

OUCH!.. remeber he didn;t make enough so he had to PAY. ohh the butter-sweet irony of it all!!!!!

> You should be going SS on the road bike anyway...

NO DOUBT! and fixed would be even better..... I'd think a few weeks riding a fixed gear over Avon
Mt. should build up some muscle mass ;-)

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote
>
>>HUGE props to Gary! He provided me with some like-new Sora shifters for the team bike that I've
>>claimed as mine until and unless I get a road bike of my own. All I wanted were some old beat up 8
>>speed downtube shifters, but he came through with these beauts!
>

> Yeah, Commander, but what are you doing with your tax refund? ;-)

Well, if I don't use it to bribe my chem teacher into NOT failing me in my final an hour and a half
away, then I'm thinking I'm going to buy a new car. With GPS. And a naked chick in the front seat.

> You should be going SS on the road bike anyway...

It's only got a double ring, so its pretty much the same for me ;)

> CC

Jon "Twiggy" Bond

ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Corvus Corvax wrote:
> > Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote
> >
> >>HUGE props to Gary! He provided me with some like-new Sora shifters for the team bike that I've
> >>claimed as mine until and unless I get a road bike of my own. All I wanted were some old beat up
> >>8 speed downtube shifters, but he came through with these beauts!
> >

> > Yeah, Commander, but what are you doing with your tax refund? ;-)
>
> OUCH!.. remeber he didn;t make enough so he had to PAY. ohh the butter-sweet irony of it all!!!!!
>

> > You should be going SS on the road bike anyway...
>
> NO DOUBT! and fixed would be even better..... I'd think a few weeks riding a fixed gear over Avon
> Mt. should build up some muscle mass ;-)

Heh - sorry if this sounds cruel (and I don't have much room to talk), but I just saw a mental
image of our Commander looking like a collection of pea kebabs, and it gave me quite a giggle
heheh... ',;~}~

Shaun aRe - Heheheh..........

"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> HUGE props to Gary! He provided me with some like-new Sora shifters for the team bike that I've
> claimed as mine until and unless I get a road bike of my own. All I wanted were some old beat up 8
> speed downtube shifters, but he came through with these beauts!
>
> I was going to post pictures of them all mounted, but the bike is still not 100% together - finals
> interupted everything. They're on the bike, but not really connected to anything ;)
>
> Thanks a lot Gary! I'll get that Marzocchi hat and t-shirt off to you within the next couple of
> weeks. I've got so much stuff due/to
> do/packed/to pack that I probably won't be able to get it out before I get home.
>
> Thanks again, they'll be put to good use! Both on training rides, and maybe commuting to the bike
> shop for work a couple times a week to save some gas money.
>
> Jon Bond

LOL Jon, you didn't have to post this online. I got your email about the shirt and hat. I'm not
going to sic the online crew to get you if you didn't acknowledge it to the public.

Gary in VA (who needs a Turner DH frame for free? LOL)

> BTW, Gary did you get that stinky package? I'm putting together another as I clean the basement
> and come across like items. whas there anythign in there you found particularly tasty? That C&D
> Pirate Cake was one of my favorites......

Sorry Jon, I did get the package. Thanks for sending it. I am a fan of Pirate Cake too.

Gary in VA

Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Corvus Corvax wrote:
> > Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote
> >
> >>HUGE props to Gary! He provided me with some like-new Sora shifters for the team bike that I've
> >>claimed as mine until and unless I get a road bike of my own. All I wanted were some old beat up
> >>8 speed downtube shifters, but he came through with these beauts!
> >

> > Yeah, Commander, but what are you doing with your tax refund? ;-)
>
> Well, if I don't use it to bribe my chem teacher into NOT failing me in my final an hour and a
> half away,

Good luck with that Jon.

> then I'm thinking I'm going to buy a new car. With GPS. And a naked chick in the front seat.

Heh - good freaking luck with that too, heheheheheh......... (we want photos.....).

Shaun aRe

"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > You should be going SS on the road bike anyway...
>
> No, he needs a fixie, get those twiggy legs of his to develop some muscle
> :)
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Damn straight! John, I'll send you some bricks for your backpack and some nice broken glass to chew.
That'll, ahem, 'fix' ya!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha sorry

/s

Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> HUGE props to Gary! He provided me with some like-new Sora shifters for the team bike that I've
> claimed as mine until and unless I get a road bike of my own. All I wanted were some old beat up 8
> speed downtube shifters, but he came through with these beauts!

He is a kind person, indeed. In an unsolicited gesture of that nature, he sent me a really cool
headset cap that is very singlespeed specific. It's adorning the headset of the Ritchie Blackmore
now. Yeah, thanks Gary.

JD

Gary in VA wrote:
> "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>HUGE props to Gary! He provided me with some like-new Sora shifters for the team bike that I've
>>claimed as mine until and unless I get a road bike of my own. All I wanted were some old beat up 8
>>speed downtube shifters, but he came through with these beauts!
>>
>>I was going to post pictures of them all mounted, but the bike is still not 100% together - finals
>>interupted everything. They're on the bike, but not really connected to anything ;)
>>
>>Thanks a lot Gary! I'll get that Marzocchi hat and t-shirt off to you within the next couple of
>>weeks. I've got so much stuff due/to
>>do/packed/to pack that I probably won't be able to get it out before I get home.
>>
>>Thanks again, they'll be put to good use! Both on training rides, and maybe commuting to the bike
>>shop for work a couple times a week to save some gas money.
>>
>>Jon Bond
>

> LOL Jon, you didn't have to post this online. I got your email about the shirt and hat. I'm not
> going to sic the online crew to get you if you didn't acknowledge it to the public.
>
> Gary in VA (who needs a Turner DH frame for free? LOL)

I'm not going to let you get away with a good deed unnoticed ;)

Thanks again!

Jon Bond (I do! I do!)

Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>>Corvus Corvax wrote:
>>
>>>Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote

>>>Yeah, Commander, but what are you doing with your tax refund? ;-)
>>
>>Well, if I don't use it to bribe my chem teacher into NOT failing me in my final an hour and a
>>half away,
>

> Good luck with that Jon.

Thanks - I ended up kicking it's ass :)

In this class, you get an A for the class if you ace the final, and I think I just might have. She
let you bring anything you wanted, including old tests and the book, which was kinda strange - but a
HUGE help. Seriously, there were 2 or 3 (out of like 18) questions that were pulled EXACTLY from the
old tests, and only 4 or 5 that you really had to know your **** for (and thankfully, they were on
**** I knew).

Now I have to see if I can finish up this CAD lamp project before 6PM so I can go riding :)

>>then I'm thinking I'm going to buy a new car. With GPS. And a naked chick in the front seat.
>

> Heh - good freaking luck with that too, heheheheheh......... (we want photos.....).

A'ight. I will have some new-toy photos for y'all as of sunday!

> Shaun aRe

Jon Bond

Something like this: http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/SS/bunnies.jpg

> It's adorning the headset of the Ritchie Blackmore now.

Got mine on the MonoCog.

> Yeah, thanks Gary.

Indeed!

Jonathan Bond wrote:
> Now I have to see if I can finish up this CAD lamp project before 6PM so I can go riding :)

Too bad it's 7 now. I'm getting pretty good w/ AutoCAD....

> A'ight. I will have some new-toy photos for y'all as of sunday!

Tease!!!!

ClydesdaleMTB wrote:

> Jonathan Bond wrote:
>
> > but we could only use autocad and not autocad inventer,
>
> How LAME!!!!!
>
> I hope it was at least 2004 and not like 2002i

2002, that's me. The program is fantastic for doing 2D stuff, but it just doesn't make sense to use
it for 3D - it almost seems like the 3d was an added feature onto a 2d program. Not cool.

Jon Bond

Jonathan Bond wrote:

> ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
>

>> Jonathan Bond wrote:
>>
>> > but we could only use autocad and not autocad inventer,
>>
>> How LAME!!!!!
>>
>> I hope it was at least 2004 and not like 2002i
>>

> 2002, that's me. The program is fantastic for doing 2D stuff, but it just doesn't make sense to
> use it for 3D - it almost seems like the 3d was an added feature onto a 2d program. Not cool.

Thus, 2004 or Inventor. Sure wish I took more advantage of my employee discount and got a copy of
Inventor while I was there ;-)