Thanks to Peter of Vecchois

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Peter Vesel, Mar 18, 2003.

  1. Peter Vesel

    Peter Vesel Guest

    Thankyou Peter for sending me some Campag shift springs halfway around the world.

    I forgot what new crisp shifting was like.

    Peter

    Tags:

  2. Suzy Jackson

    Suzy Jackson Guest

  3. Jay Hill

    Jay Hill Guest

    Suzy Jackson wrote:
    > "Peter Vesel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>Thankyou Peter for sending me some Campag shift springs halfway around the world.
    >
    > I'll second that. Thanks to Peter for hunting down an obscure TA chainwheel for me, and shipping
    > it half way around the world.

    Is that article published a couple of mnths ago about Peter online anywhere now?

  4. vesel-<< Thankyou Peter for sending me some Campag shift springs halfway around the world.

    My pleasure, USPS does great things besides have a great bike team...

  5. Andresmuro

    Andresmuro Guest

    we ought to thank him too, for answering questions about bike repair, quality, etc on a
    regular basis.

    Andres

  6. andres<< we ought to thank him too, for answering questions about bike repair, quality, etc on a
    regular basis.

    my pleasure and don't forget Andy, Mike, Sheldon, Jon, Paul and lots of others...even Jobst on
    occasion...

    (Just kiddin'-easy there big fella!!!!)

  7. Lou Holtman

    Lou Holtman Guest

    AndresMuro wrote:

    > we ought to thank him too, for answering questions about bike repair, quality, etc on a
    > regular basis.
    >
    > Andres

    And his never ending expressions of love for Campa. Yes we say Campa over here in the old continent.
    Campy sounds like some sort of shell-fish. Is it true that 90% of the racebikes in the States are
    geared up with Shimano? Poor Peter.

    Lou (50% Campa over here, in the Netherlands)

  8. In article <[email protected]>, Lou Holtman <[email protected]> wrote:

    >AndresMuro wrote:
    >
    >> we ought to thank him too, for answering questions about bike repair, quality, etc on a
    >> regular basis.
    >>
    >> Andres
    >
    >And his never ending expressions of love for Campa. Yes we say Campa over here in the old
    >continent. Campy sounds like some sort of shell-fish. Is it true that 90% of the racebikes in the
    >States are geared up with Shimano?

    I think it's way more than 90%.

    --Paul

  9. Lou Holtman

    Lou Holtman Guest

    > ihol-<< Is it true that 90% of the racebikes in the States are geared up
    with
    > Shimano? Poor Peter.
    >
    > Not true and don't feel sorry for me...feel sorry for all those customers
    that
    > must frequent pisspoor bike shops when they can't spell Campagnolo and can speak shimano only
    > poorly....
    >
    > 'Race bike's as you call them, that start as a frameset at the bike shop,
    as
    > they should are much more likely to have Campagnolo.

    My race bikes always start as a frameset (is there another way?) en always end up with Campagnolo
    and handbuilt wheelsets.

    Just because shimano has
    > OEM sales locked using sometimes quesionable sales practices(selling below cost?) does not make
    > them the inductry leader, just the largest, like Microsoft.

    Aha

    Lou

  10. Gocycle

    Gocycle Guest

    "AndresMuro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > we ought to thank him too, for answering questions about bike repair,
    quality,
    > etc on a regular basis.
    >
    > Andres

    I agree

    Luigi

  11. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "GoCycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "AndresMuro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > we ought to thank him too, for answering questions about bike repair,
    > quality,
    > > etc on a regular basis.
    > >
    > > Andres
    >
    > I agree
    >
    > Luigi

    Oh good Lord!!! First a full page pic in Bicycling, top 5 mechanic in the US and all this thread.
    Vecchios is going to need a bigger door and higher ceiling!!! Sheesh! ;^)

    Mike - Thanks Peter.