That Dam Ride - Youghiogheny River Trail, Weekend of Sept 10-11, 2005

Grande News

Guest
This is not a "recumbent event" but thought I would pass along the info.

This ride is an overnight bicycle ride to Confluence with camping included
at the Youghiogheny River Dam Corps of Engineers Campground. The Ride
follows the packed limestone Youghiogheny River Trail which is part of the
Great Allegheny Passage, the Cumberland to Pittsburgh Trail. Travel at your
own pace adjacent to the beautiful river valley, through small towns,
historic sites and stretches of unpopulated wooded areas.

I've ridden most parts of the trial over the last 5 years, but have never
done the whole trail on a single trip. It's beautiful scenery and a mostly
flat ride following the Youghiogheny River.

Info can be found at: http://mysite.verizon.net/thatdamride/index.htm

Any other recumbent riders planning on attending?

I rode this trail this summer. It is a delightful ride. I have some pictures
that can be viewed online. If anyone is interested I'll be happy to post the
URL. The Yough trail is wonderful. I wish I could participate in this ride.

Jeff
"Grande News" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> This is not a "recumbent event" but thought I would pass along the info.
>
> This ride is an overnight bicycle ride to Confluence with camping included
> at the Youghiogheny River Dam Corps of Engineers Campground. The Ride
> follows the packed limestone Youghiogheny River Trail which is part of the
> Great Allegheny Passage, the Cumberland to Pittsburgh Trail. Travel at
> your own pace adjacent to the beautiful river valley, through small towns,
> historic sites and stretches of unpopulated wooded areas.
>
> I've ridden most parts of the trial over the last 5 years, but have never
> done the whole trail on a single trip. It's beautiful scenery and a
> mostly flat ride following the Youghiogheny River.
>
> Info can be found at: http://mysite.verizon.net/thatdamride/index.htm
>
> Any other recumbent riders planning on attending?

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:58:00 -0400, "Jeff Grippe"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I rode this trail this summer. It is a delightful ride. I have some pictures
>that can be viewed online. If anyone is interested I'll be happy to post the
>URL. The Yough trail is wonderful. I wish I could participate in this ride.
>
>Jeff

Please post the URL.

Mike

>"Grande News" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> This is not a "recumbent event" but thought I would pass along the info.
>>
>> This ride is an overnight bicycle ride to Confluence with camping included
>> at the Youghiogheny River Dam Corps of Engineers Campground. The Ride
>> follows the packed limestone Youghiogheny River Trail which is part of the
>> Great Allegheny Passage, the Cumberland to Pittsburgh Trail. Travel at
>> your own pace adjacent to the beautiful river valley, through small towns,
>> historic sites and stretches of unpopulated wooded areas.
>>
>> I've ridden most parts of the trial over the last 5 years, but have never
>> done the whole trail on a single trip. It's beautiful scenery and a
>> mostly flat ride following the Youghiogheny River.
>>
>> Info can be found at: http://mysite.verizon.net/thatdamride/index.htm
>>
>> Any other recumbent riders planning on attending?

Here's another web site that hes extenive info on the trail, and the
surrounding area.
http://mysite.verizon.net/lennoxx0458/index.html

"Mike Rice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:58:00 -0400, "Jeff Grippe"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I rode this trail this summer. It is a delightful ride. I have some
>>pictures
>>that can be viewed online. If anyone is interested I'll be happy to post
>>the
>>URL. The Yough trail is wonderful. I wish I could participate in this
>>ride.
>>
>>Jeff

> Please post the URL.
>
> Mike
>
>>"Grande News" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> This is not a "recumbent event" but thought I would pass along the info.
>>>
>>> This ride is an overnight bicycle ride to Confluence with camping
>>> included
>>> at the Youghiogheny River Dam Corps of Engineers Campground. The Ride
>>> follows the packed limestone Youghiogheny River Trail which is part of
>>> the
>>> Great Allegheny Passage, the Cumberland to Pittsburgh Trail. Travel at
>>> your own pace adjacent to the beautiful river valley, through small
>>> towns,
>>> historic sites and stretches of unpopulated wooded areas.
>>>
>>> I've ridden most parts of the trial over the last 5 years, but have
>>> never
>>> done the whole trail on a single trip. It's beautiful scenery and a
>>> mostly flat ride following the Youghiogheny River.
>>>
>>> Info can be found at: http://mysite.verizon.net/thatdamride/index.htm
>>>
>>> Any other recumbent riders planning on attending?

"Mike Rice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:58:00 -0400, "Jeff Grippe"
> <[email protected]> wrote:

> Please post the URL.

These pictures are of the Western Maryland Rail Trail, The Mon River Trail
in West VA, and the Yough River Trail.

The ones toward the end are the Yough between Ohiopyle and Confluence. The
ones in the beginning after the Western MD Rail Trail are the Yough between
McKeesport and West Newton.

http://groups.msn.com/GrippesPhotos/railtrail2005.msnw?Page=1

Enjoy,

Jeff

Jeff Grippe wrote:
> "Mike Rice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:58:00 -0400, "Jeff Grippe"
>><[email protected]> wrote:

>>Please post the URL.

> These pictures are of the Western Maryland Rail Trail, The Mon River Trail
> in West VA, and the Yough River Trail.
>
> The ones toward the end are the Yough between Ohiopyle and Confluence. The
> ones in the beginning after the Western MD Rail Trail are the Yough between
> McKeesport and West Newton.
>
> http://groups.msn.com/GrippesPhotos/railtrail2005.msnw?Page=1
>
> Enjoy,
>
> Jeff

Nice pics a lot of rails has been taken out of NYS, and black topped.

Great Photos - I'm glad you shared them.

Looking forward to this ride. I was born in Confluence and grew up in
Sutersville, PA and Harpers Ferry, WV.

news:[email protected]...