That Does It!!! Now I'm Mad!!!

shannons dad

Jul 10, 2005
I just got back from town about five minutes ago and I'm plastered in chocolate milkshake. "Why?" you might ask. Well, I was waiting for the lights to go green and just as they did, the passenger in some pillocks car decided to empty his bevy over me before they sped away. I nearly caught the f()cker at the next set of lights but they screeched away again. Why do this? I was minding my own business in my own little world. At the very least, they could have had the balls to stick around so I could a) question them about it, or b) jam my pump down their throats. Luckily, they missed the bike. Oooooooh, if that had happened, God alone couldn't have saved them. Anyone else have a similar story?

shannons dad said:
I just got back from town about five minutes ago and I'm plastered in chocolate milkshake. "Why?" you might ask. Well, I was waiting for the lights to go green and just as they did, the passenger in some pillocks car decided to empty his bevy over me before they sped away. I nearly caught the f()cker at the next set of lights but they screeched away again. Why do this? I was minding my own business in my own little world. At the very least, they could have had the balls to stick around so I could a) question them about it, or b) jam my pump down their throats. Luckily, they missed the bike. Oooooooh, if that had happened, God alone couldn't have saved them. Anyone else have a similar story?
It is at times like this you begin to think that carrying a gun as part of your cycling equipment doesn't seem like such a bad idea.
Did you know that back in the days of high-wheelers, it was considered normal for cyclists to carry guns? Some were even designed to fit in the end of handlebars for easy access. The were known as 'velo-dog' revolvers and supposedly were for protection against dogs, but no doubt could also be used against milkshake-hurling hoodlums, or the equivalent.

I was out on a group ride a while back. It was a coed ride with male and females. Someone in a truck decided to throw a glass bottle at one of the women in the group. It hit her in the side and hurt her pretty bad.

I just don't understand the cruelty of people.

-Matt

Never had anything thrown at me but had (a few times) the passenger in a car stick their head out of the window approaching from the rear and scream loudly just as they pass by, presumably to see how much they can make me jump, possibly with the aim of making me fall off!?

Is it just in the UK we have such **** holes with such an idiotic direspect for cyclists?

I read in cycling weekly of some poor guy who had just got back in to cycling and was given a shove from behind from a passing car passenger, causing him to fall off!

Even bums think you are defenseless because you are riding a bike.

I was reading in the park minding my own business whilst a tall white fella approached me with one hand in his jacket talking some garbage about me giving him money and my bike. I did not pay much attention on what he said. I reached for the skinni long pocket where I store one of my folding automatic knives, pulled it out, stood to his face and clearl and loud I said "Get the F@ck out of my face". He started to back away talking some more nonesense - for sure - as I started chasing him yelling "... faster ... FASTER M0therf@cker FASTER" and gave him a good field kick in the butt. I am an old rugger from Argentina ... and no f@cking bum intimidates me.

... and yes ... after that I kept reading and eating my F&cking lunch.

For good measure ... I had my bike chained to the very bench I was sitting.

I am going for the regular chain and lock trick .... not as safe as the Kryptonite nor as light but it makes a much better weapon.

I have to go to the Uni right now ... .45 minute ride ... 45 minute class ... 45 minute ride ....

shannons dad said:

I can't understand your logic. You were going to cram the pump down their throat?
I would consider the other end.The throat might kill them but the a** would be just the right spot.
There again I am just a redneck at heart.

jhuskey said:
I can't understand your logic. You were going to cram the pump down their throat?
I would consider the other end.The throat might kill them but the a** would be just the right spot.
There again I am just a redneck at heart.
Well I do like my pump to be greased. Just not with THAT particular brand of grease!!!:D

I have a similar story. but I got my little revenge.
Last year I was riding m fixie in DC, I was heading back home and decided to stop at a friend's to hang out. Well it getting late. This is when the party/drunk crowd was in full swing in DC. No big deal...

Im at a red light minding my own business, when a car full of screeching women and a couple of guys pulled up. And one guy tossed his beer at me, soaking me in beer. I was ******.

But he had one of those "oh so popular" vanity plates. It was something I wouldnt forget. About two months later Im in DC on a BMX ride with a group of friends. Low and behold, the infamous SUV with (I wont say the plate name) is sitting on the side of the road. I ****** all over his f'ing car.

What we need is a few high profile cases where the cyclist successfully sues the **** out of the offending driver.

Seems I cannot get through a week where I get threatened, cussed at, etc for making the mistake of following the rules of the road. Yesterday my "mistake" was failing to stop when a driver coming in the opposite direction decided he needed make a left turn right in front of me. After he realized the envitable collision he slammed on his brakes, stopped in the middle of opposing traffic, namely the lane I was in, and cussed at me as I passed by.

Personally I think the best solution is to get more people interested in cycling again. Back in the 70's when the sport it was quite popular in the US, people gave more respect to a cyclist than this day in age.

shannons dad said:

MountainPro said:
story of my life..

god i feel like ****..
Yep, me too. I stopped off for a couple of Chicken Chops on the way home. Haven't managed to get all cylinders firing yet this morning...

I wouldn't have any real expectations that you could get anything done about it by the police, but from what I can tell throwing something at a cyclist should qualify as an assault both in the US and UK. If it ever happens again try to get the license number and get a really good look at the people in the car and report them.

Unfortunately around here unless you catch someone in a car in the act and get them stopped right after the incident happens, pretty much nothing can be done. They say I wasn't driving the car and that's that, the police figure that they can't prove anything and the person gets off. You have to basically kill someone with a car before its paid any attention to. (I live on a narrow street without a driveway and we experience a fair number of hit and runs - I've had my drivers side mirror taken off three times, my husbands scooter has been knocked over twice and our truck has been hit head on twice - only two of these times have we caught the person. -one was a person who hit our truck - he got wedged under the bumber and couldn't pull away:p or we wouldn't have caught him either)

Sadly a certain percentage of the world population are just A**holes:( Hopefully the Karmic wheel will get them on its next revolution:)

how about a squirt gun with some paint stripper in it? someone with more brains than i (read most of you) should be able to figure a way to make it work. if not, how about paint in a balloon?

Eden said:
...from what I can tell throwing something at a cyclist should qualify as an assault both in the US and UK...
Throwing missiles from a moving vehicle is taken quite seriously by police, you just have to make sure that you don't get fobbed off by a desk sergeant who can't be arsed. Get the reg plate of the car, and then make a formal complaint.

havent had anything that horrific, but I live in Illinois and do a lot of country rides where the younger locals like to scream up to you in their big old pickup trucks and then floor it as they pass you leaving you in a cloud of black smoke, man that infuriates me. I have even had a pick up truck try and play chicken with me (yes he was oncoming) I had to bail at 18 MPH into a ditch... you could say I have no love for pick up trucks. Being British I dont understand the gun thing .... what are you going to do with it... shoot them? I cant see doing that. And if they have one ,,, then what. No I like the like good old fashioned violence like the the pump up the ****.

It is just me or drivers tend to be more irritated when you are going uphill?

obeeone said:
No I like the like good old fashioned violence like the the pump up the ****.
I'm assuming here that yiu mean that you would "LIKE" to be the one putting the pump up the ****, not the one recieving it?

I agree with the gun thing .... What are you going to do .... Shoot to kill???? Just think if you did manage to kill or wound one of the perps.... All that paperwork and you still have milkshake on you. Naw, it's just best to ignore people like that.