That Does It!!! Now I'm Mad!!!

The last time something like that happened i pulled up next to the car (a teenage guy with his laughing girlfriend) dumped the remenants of my energy drink in the window on her and the nice interior and rode away. I don't know if she threw the soda at me or he did from the drivers side, but i felt much better and I am sure if he did the throwing she probably toe him a new a-hole!

had some teenagers (i was one too at the time) in s. carolina or maybe georgia toss a beer bottle (empty?) at me, come by again later, and through some firecrackers at me. scared the sh_t out of me.

is there any practical way to puncture a tire of a moving car from a moving bike?

how about all 4 tires?

House said:
The last time something like that happened i pulled up next to the car (a teenage guy with his laughing girlfriend) dumped the remenants of my energy drink in the window on her and the nice interior and rode away. I don't know if she threw the soda at me or he did from the drivers side, but i felt much better and I am sure if he did the throwing she probably toe him a new a-hole!
I had a young guy pull into a parking spot in front of me, and he missed me by millimetres. As i went around him I said "Watch out you Idiot", which was much more polite than I felt like being at that time. This guy, who looked like he was all of 5'1'' and weighed all of 55kg, starts swearing at me, no doubt trying to impress his beloved girlfriend in the passenger seat and the crowd waiting outside an adjacent fast food outlet. Given my "nearly hit by this dopey driver" mood, I slammed on my brakes, uncliked from my pedals, and started to storm back to the car. Now I am not a small person (6'1'' and at that time about 123 kg) and normally quite a passive person, but my mood must have been reflected in my demeanor. This guy starts shrinking down in his seat and starts saying "I am sorry Mister" (which made me think - I really am getting old!). I then politely but assertively pointed out that he was in the wrong (which he accepted), that he was an idiot (which he also accepted) and that I had pointed out he should watch out (which he agreed he should do in the future. He apologised for swearing at me. I got on my bike and rode off, feeling mighty pleased with myself.

Not 3 minutes later the young guy rides past - I saw him approaching and I thought "I'll give him a wave - I was a BIT TOO aggressive". He drives past, arm extended along with his middle finger. Anger restored, I then chased this little pr*ck. I could see him as I approached the traffic lights that he was stopped at, looking in his rear view mirror. Then the lights turned green, and the opportunity was lost. I was then really p*ssed - p*ssed that I was on my MTB, P*ssed that I was not fitter, p*ssed at this guy because he was such a jerk.

But then, what had I achieved other than a bit of unexpected max HR riding? Nothing. He is still a young jerk with limited driving skills with a cheap car trying to impress his girlfriend. If I was driving a car I am sure he would have had a similar attitude. While he was in his car he could be a smart@rse, but when the opportunity to flee is lost things start to get "real" for him. And I believe that is the reason why a minority of motorists throw items or abuse at cyclists - because they know they can probably get away from cyclists.

Made me think about something a friend had heard of about road rage. If you are the victim of road rage, grab you mobile phone and point it at the rager as if you are taking images of them - they pretty quickly move on, as te possibility that you are recording their conduct (and therefore securing evidence) is enough to make them think "not an easy target".

It could have been worse you could have been born that jerk in the car,my God what a sad existance,maybe God is teaching him the hard way or maybe the little idiot barely knows that he is alive,or maybe he just wants the **** kicked out him,the latter i fear.

I would be the first to agree that events like this are incredibly fustrating ,but it's a small price to pay when compared with the oppurtunity we have been given to rise from the dust of the universe to live and witness this crazy myserious existance we call life,see the mirace and don't let the 'blind' ones get you down for they REALLY don't 'get it',and should be pitied*

*But this doesn't mean you can't punch one squarely on the jaw if you catch one. :D

Oh and by the way i'd have paid good money to see this,go get 'em, PMSL....

"I was reading in the park minding my own business whilst a tall white fella approached me with one hand in his jacket talking some garbage about me giving him money and my bike. I did not pay much attention on what he said. I reached for the skinni long pocket where I store one of my folding automatic knives, pulled it out, stood to his face and clearl and loud I said "Get the F@ck out of my face". He started to back away talking some more nonesense - for sure - as I started chasing him yelling "... faster ... FASTER M0therf@cker FASTER" and gave him a good field kick in the butt. I am an old rugger from Argentina ... and no f@cking bum intimidates me."

"is there any practical way to puncture a tire of a moving car from a moving bike?"

An uzi with a couple of spare clips and a laser sight should do it,..if only,if ONLY ...*dreams*

Balderick said:
I had a young guy pull into a parking spot in front of me, and he missed me by millimetres. As i went around him I said "Watch out you Idiot", which was much more polite than I felt like being at that time. This guy, who looked like he was all of 5'1'' and weighed all of 55kg, starts swearing at me, no doubt trying to impress his beloved girlfriend in the passenger seat and the crowd waiting outside an adjacent fast food outlet. Given my "nearly hit by this dopey driver" mood, I slammed on my brakes, uncliked from my pedals, and started to storm back to the car. Now I am not a small person (6'1'' and at that time about 123 kg) and normally quite a passive person, but my mood must have been reflected in my demeanor. This guy starts shrinking down in his seat and starts saying "I am sorry Mister" (which made me think - I really am getting old!). I then politely but assertively pointed out that he was in the wrong (which he accepted), that he was an idiot (which he also accepted) and that I had pointed out he should watch out (which he agreed he should do in the future. He apologised for swearing at me. I got on my bike and rode off, feeling mighty pleased with myself.

Not 3 minutes later the young guy rides past - I saw him approaching and I thought "I'll give him a wave - I was a BIT TOO aggressive". He drives past, arm extended along with his middle finger. Anger restored, I then chased this little pr*ck. I could see him as I approached the traffic lights that he was stopped at, looking in his rear view mirror. Then the lights turned green, and the opportunity was lost. I was then really p*ssed - p*ssed that I was on my MTB, P*ssed that I was not fitter, p*ssed at this guy because he was such a jerk.

But then, what had I achieved other than a bit of unexpected max HR riding? Nothing. He is still a young jerk with limited driving skills with a cheap car trying to impress his girlfriend. If I was driving a car I am sure he would have had a similar attitude. While he was in his car he could be a smart@rse, but when the opportunity to flee is lost things start to get "real" for him. And I believe that is the reason why a minority of motorists throw items or abuse at cyclists - because they know they can probably get away from cyclists.

Made me think about something a friend had heard of about road rage. If you are the victim of road rage, grab you mobile phone and point it at the rager as if you are taking images of them - they pretty quickly move on, as te possibility that you are recording their conduct (and therefore securing evidence) is enough to make them think "not an easy target".
Next time him a taste of how many pounds per square inch you can excert from your mighty grip .... on his neck. Drag him out of the car, get his keysm and take them with you.

huhenio said:
Next time him a taste of how many pounds per square inch you can excert from your mighty grip .... on his neck. Drag him out of the car, get his keysm and take them with you.

I actually have a viable theory about people who commit acts such as described.
The behavoir is manifested out of sexual frustration and rejection.
I believe that their hand falls asleep during masturbation creating a sense of total rejection. Thet then feel the need to lash out at others who live a relatively normal existance.
Of course this is just a theory.

Judging from the serious lack of balls these degenerates suffer from, it's possible they don't have a knob for which to polish!!!:)

shannons dad said:
Judging from the serious lack of balls these degenerates suffer from, it's possible they don't have a knob for which to polish!!!:)

Another theory is that they are all penis. 100%.

huhenio said:
"Mighty grip" - not me. I have not had been in a physical altercation for about 20 years. I would have looked pretty stupid wringing a guy's neck who was half my size and age for what was a traffic incident. I was happy to confront and frighten the twerp (hoping he might pay a bit more attention when he drives his $600 delight, but wouldn't take that extra step of beating up the guy.

So .... choking people now is a bad thing? What went wrong with the world!!

There's an old Chinese proverb:

"He who seeks revenge should first dig two holes."

Consequently, I always carry a shovel with me. :D

Actually, there is an important issue here: how best should a cyclist deal with these inconsiderate loons, without further endangering their own position (i.e. frail human on frail transport vs. senseless idiot human in 2-tonne weapon). For example, the guy that Balderick reprimanded could have used more than his finger to cause more anguish - he could have just run you down mate. :eek:

Okay, it's natural to seek revenge, but if you're gonna provoke more anger and possible violence then is it worth it?

Of course it is. The secret is not to get caught in the act of revenge. :D

There are a number of ways of doing this:

1. Get the plate number and call the police. The right way.
2. StartTDay's method: Get the plate number. Find them later. Exact revenge when they're not looking. (Pissing inside their car achieves maximum ire, but large nails under the tyres, blocked exhaust pipe, and bumpers tied to something immovable all work nicely)
3. (and this is one I've been considering for some time) - Philso's suggestion - paint stripper in a squirter. You can do this without them even noticing. Check out http://www.water-wheels.com/gallery.htm for a nice example. Alternatively use a standard water bottle and squeeze it with your hand - just remember NOT TO DRINK OUT OF IT!! :eek:

Anyway. Remember. Don't get caught.

LEGAL NOTE: The Wheelist does not condone the use of violence and is in no way responible for your actions. :D Now go get 'em.

Don't feel too bad about the milkshake - where I ride, a local prominent businessman got clobbered with a college physics textbook.

They caught the kid that threw it, but I never heard if he was mad at cyclists, mad at his physics class, or just conducting an impromptu experment in physics...

JohnO said:
Don't feel too bad about the milkshake - where I ride, a local prominent businessman got clobbered with a college physics textbook.

They caught the kid that threw it, but I never heard if he was mad at cyclists, mad at his physics class, or just conducting an impromptu experment in physics...
I know where you're from! Pizza anyone?

jhuskey said:
I actually have a viable theory about people who commit acts such as described.
The behavoir is manifested out of sexual frustration and rejection.
I believe that their hand falls asleep during masturbation creating a sense of total rejection. Thet then feel the need to lash out at others who live a relatively normal existance.
Of course this is just a theory.
I was going to respond earlier but had difficulty typing after my hand fell asleep.
Always try and have a cell phone & Sharpie pen within easy reach and practice memorizing tag numbers on cars. When something happens use the Sharpie to write down the tag and call the police.
Now the police will not be overly excited about people yelling stupid **** at you. But if they throw something at you, that's different. Call them and tell them you want a report. WARNING: If you don't have a tag number, there's not alot the police can do.

A tip on remembering plate numbers from my days in college remembering girls numbers. Equate the numbers and letters with other things. I still remember a girls number who lived on campus, so all I needed to know was the last four digits: Brett Hull, Michael Jordan: 1623!

Chance3290 said:
I was going to respond earlier but had difficulty typing after my hand fell asleep.
Always try and have a cell phone & Sharpie pen within easy reach and practice memorizing tag numbers on cars. When something happens use the Sharpie to write down the tag and call the police.
Now the police will not be overly excited about people yelling stupid **** at you. But if they throw something at you, that's different. Call them and tell them you want a report. WARNING: If you don't have a tag number, there's not alot the police can do.

Once you get the tag # find out where the person lives and obtain their phone #.
Start calling them each day from a different phone booth each time and telling them you are going to get even.
Take a large hammer and smash various parts of their car.

Now... find another close by A** Hole and start calling him from a phone booth and tell him you have been boinking his wife and you are going to kick his a**.

OK, they are both ******. now call a hole #1 and tell him you wish to meet him at a designated meeting spot. Say a public park.

Now call a** #2 give him the same directions and tell him you are going to kick his a** and take his wife.
Now call the police and give them a tip that you over heard two guys arguing over which one got to blow up the police station and that they beating the hell out of each other in the park.

Sit in a lawn chair from a good viewing location pop a beer and enjoy.