That Does It!!! Now I'm Mad!!!

shannons dad said:
Yeah but you have to use the iron on 'cool' setting otherwise the plastic melts, and then when you inflate it, all the air escapes.

Just get the new "Lesbian terrorist" model. They blow themselves up.

I pay tribute to the 12.5% of my ancestry that is British and pull a Commando

on the malefectors.

riptide said:
I pay tribute to the 12.5% of my ancestry that is British and pull a Commando

on the malefectors.

Hell, I get drunk on fire water and pay tribute to my Cherokee ancestry often.
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger.... no wait was he an enemy? I can't remember!
No matter, I'll give him a shot of the good stuff along with Tonto the traitor.

shannons dad said:
I just got back from town about five minutes ago and I'm plastered in chocolate milkshake. "Why?" you might ask. Well, I was waiting for the lights to go green and just as they did, the passenger in some pillocks car decided to empty his bevy over me before they sped away. I nearly caught the f()cker at the next set of lights but they screeched away again. Why do this? I was minding my own business in my own little world. At the very least, they could have had the balls to stick around so I could a) question them about it, or b) jam my pump down their throats. Luckily, they missed the bike. Oooooooh, if that had happened, God alone couldn't have saved them. Anyone else have a similar story?
Sorry to hear about that! It may be just as well you didn't catch up to them. I don't think you would have been in much of a mood for conversation. They may have ended up hurting you and/or damaging your bike. Remember, they were in a car after all. Sometimes it's best to let idiots like that be, they would have gotten a bigger charge out of the whole thing to see you upset.:(

Don Shipp said:
It is at times like this you begin to think that carrying a gun as part of your cycling equipment doesn't seem like such a bad idea.
Did you know that back in the days of high-wheelers, it was considered normal for cyclists to carry guns? Some were even designed to fit in the end of handlebars for easy access. The were known as 'velo-dog' revolvers and supposedly were for protection against dogs, but no doubt could also be used against milkshake-hurling hoodlums, or the equivalent.
Easy enough to say than do. Shannons dad would be in jail right now and poor shannon would be home with cookies in her nappies.

darrenf said:
Never had anything thrown at me but had (a few times) the passenger in a car stick their head out of the window approaching from the rear and scream loudly just as they pass by, presumably to see how much they can make me jump, possibly with the aim of making me fall off!?

Is it just in the UK we have such **** holes with such an idiotic direspect for cyclists?

I read in cycling weekly of some poor guy who had just got back in to cycling and was given a shove from behind from a passing car passenger, causing him to fall off!
People aren't too bad here in the USA from what I've observed but I live in an area where cyclists are few and far between. I sis see something really odd last night while I was driving after dark though. A cyclist was waiting for the light to change and was cursing the traffic because the light wasn't changing fast enough for him. It's the sort of thing that gives people disrespect for cyclists. I also observed he had no lights on his bike and was wearing dark colors and was thinking he was putting himself in a dangerous situation.

StartTday said:
I have a similar story. but I got my little revenge.
Last year I was riding m fixie in DC, I was heading back home and decided to stop at a friend's to hang out. Well it getting late. This is when the party/drunk crowd was in full swing in DC. No big deal...

Im at a red light minding my own business, when a car full of screeching women and a couple of guys pulled up. And one guy tossed his beer at me, soaking me in beer. I was ******.

But he had one of those "oh so popular" vanity plates. It was something I wouldnt forget. About two months later Im in DC on a BMX ride with a group of friends. Low and behold, the infamous SUV with (I wont say the plate name) is sitting on the side of the road. I ****** all over his f'ing car.

Good for you!!! I hope he didn't wash it for a while and began wondering why his paint was oxidizing so strangely.

Eden said:
I wouldn't have any real expectations that you could get anything done about it by the police, but from what I can tell throwing something at a cyclist should qualify as an assault both in the US and UK. If it ever happens again try to get the license number and get a really good look at the people in the car and report them.

Unfortunately around here unless you catch someone in a car in the act and get them stopped right after the incident happens, pretty much nothing can be done. They say I wasn't driving the car and that's that, the police figure that they can't prove anything and the person gets off. You have to basically kill someone with a car before its paid any attention to. (I live on a narrow street without a driveway and we experience a fair number of hit and runs - I've had my drivers side mirror taken off three times, my husbands scooter has been knocked over twice and our truck has been hit head on twice - only two of these times have we caught the person. -one was a person who hit our truck - he got wedged under the bumber and couldn't pull away:p or we wouldn't have caught him either)
You must live somewhere in Suffolk County where the doughnut munching morons are so useless that if they didn't see it, it didn't happen and if they did see it, they didn't see it. Many years back my ex husband brought my children who were babies at the time back from visitation nearly 5 hours late from the city to long island. When the children got home I had a police officer waiting. The children were saturated in urine and bm's as if they hadn't been changed all weekend. I immediately took them to the tub, cleaned them and put them to bed then went back to the police officer. She said "you realize he was very intoxicated, don't you?" I told her I did not because I was taking care of the children and asked if she arrested him. She said she couldn't because she didn't see him drive up. I asked her why she didn't arrest him when he pulled out. She said she didn't see him leave. I said "if you knew he was intoxicated while driving children why didn't you test him?" again she said she didn't see him bring them home and she didn't have the equipment in the car to test him. I then asked how the children got home if he didn't drive them. She actually said they could have walked. Remember when I said they were babies? They couldn't walk. Even if they could, babies walk from the city to long island? Give me a friggin break! I realized the conversation was going nowhere, took her name and badge number and called a seargeant the following morning who said it wasn't his shift so he wasn't in charge at the time and couldn't do anything about it. I know what you must be thinking. Why didn't I call that night? I was too emotionally drained from the evening to think about it any longer. Also, I was just happy my children were safe besides, whoever was on duty would have thought of some reason not to do anything about it .
I'm not even going to get into the stupidity I dealt with when I had a near hit and run with a commercial vehicle and attempted to report that to the morons. PROTECT AND SERVE?????

HE HE HE HE HE!!!!!!!!:D :D :D Revenge is a dish best served cold!!! I got the bugger back. I was talking to a friend who happens to be a car fanatic and he knows of the pillock who soaked me. So off I go, with 2x 6" masonry nails and a hammer. This was early Sunday morning around 3.00am. Made sure it was the same car, dodgy graphics on the side, big-bore exhaust and fancy alloy wheels. The tyres looked pricey too. The nails were positioned carefully at an angle and hammered into position so they would'nt work loose. I rode past today while out with wife and daughter and low and behold, some sneaky bugger had sabotaged his pride and joy the night before!!!!!!!!! Some people eh? No respect for others property!!! Today has been a good day!!!:D

shannons dad said:
HE HE HE HE HE!!!!!!!!:D :D :D Revenge is a dish best served cold!!! I got the bugger back. I was talking to a friend who happens to be a car fanatic and he knows of the pillock who soaked me. So off I go, with 2x 6" masonry nails and a hammer. This was early Sunday morning around 3.00am. Made sure it was the same car, dodgy graphics on the side, big-bore exhaust and fancy alloy wheels. The tyres looked pricey too. The nails were positioned carefully at an angle and hammered into position so they would'nt work loose. I rode past today while out with wife and daughter and low and behold, some sneaky bugger had sabotaged his pride and joy the night before!!!!!!!!! Some people eh? No respect for others property!!! Today has been a good day!!!:D
Good one, but there was criminal damage by the clever person who sabotaged the car.

One of our (now former, sadly) employees had a break up from a real ******* of a boyfriend. She did the glue in the tyre valve thing, and I told her what she did was really funny but illegal, and suggested she apply her evil mind a bit more. Her idea was to wipe dog faeces on the inside surface of the door handle on this guiy's BMW - not so much as to leave an obvious mark, but enough to leave a scent trail. By the time the poor guy realised he'd probably used his indicators, touched the steering wheel, put down the soft top, tuned the radio, put his seat bealt on, played with his keys. I thought that was really good.

Another idea she came up with was to buy some unpeeled (cooked) prawns (i suppose some might call them shrimps) for lunch and enjoy them - put the heads and shells in a bag and secete the rubbish somewhere in the person's car - the stench will be awful.

Balderick said:
...Another idea she came up with was to buy some unpeeled (cooked) prawns (i suppose some might call them shrimps) for lunch and enjoy them - put the heads and shells in a bag and secete the rubbish somewhere in the person's car - the stench will be awful.
Unfortunately, Car Manufacturers have conspired to kill what was always the best place to lodge prawns - The hupcap prawn soup was always untraceable to those who did not know of the technique and would provide months of hearty cheer. The extinction of the hupcapped wheel was a sad day in the lives of those who practice direct justice...

shannons dad said:

I recall years ago that an individual was told he could not park in a specific spot. He walked away with the remark the he would park where he wanted.
His tire seemed to lose air that day. Probably the hot sun made tha iart leak out.
The best part of the story is when he finds his problem and you ask him if you can help and just happen to have an air tank near by.
He thinks you did it, maybe, but can't say anything as he is at your mercy at this point.
Yes, I believe I recall hearing about a situation similar to that one.

shannons dad said:
The problem with this is that anyone who thinks that throwing a milkshake at a cyclist is funny is probably pretty stupid. Rather than getting the hint, he probably just assumed that his flat tires were a random act of violence. No connection in that tiny brain between his actions and the consequences. If it were me I would have gone back with a slim jim and four or five really big chocolate milkshakes. Pop the locks and then just splash the whole interior of the car with chocolate milkshake. Seats, dashboard, under the floor mats, all of it. Then leave a note. Something along the lines of, "I hope you had as much fun with your milkshake as I had with mine."